CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23 – CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) Delhi invites applications for PhD admission for session 2022-23.
Check full details on CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23 here.
The CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications from bright young individuals from diverse backgrounds with strong motivation and good academic credentials to pursue research in the frontier areas of modern biology leading to a Ph.D degree.
The broad interdisciplinary research areas at CSIR-IGIB Delhi are
- Genome Informatics & Structural Biology
- Genomics and Molecular Medicine
- Chemical and Systems Biology
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Respiratory Disease Biology
PhD students in CSIR-IGIB are enrolled in the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) and the degree will be awarded by AcSIR.
- Master’s (MSc/ MTech/ MPharm) with minimum 60% or equivalent in CGPA in any branch of Life Sciences / Biotechnology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer Science or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
- BTech (in Biological sciences or other branches with special interest in Biology)/ BPharm/ BE/ MBBS candidates with minimum 60% or equivalent CGPA may also apply.
- In addition to above requirement candidates should also have obtained minimum 60% or equivalent in CGPA in their 12th standard board examination.
- For SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates both the criteria are relaxed to 55% in the highest qualifying exam and in the 12th standard board examination.
- Candidates those who are awaiting results for their highest qualifying examinations can also apply, but their admission is subject to satisfying all eligibility criteria conditions at the time of admission.
- Age Limit
- Upper age limit is 28 years (as on the closing date of application)
- Upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non creamy)/ PwD/ women candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
Important Dates for CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23
Application Portal for CSIR-IGIB
|Start date of online application for admission||19 April 2022 (10 AM)|
|Last date of online application for admission||30 May 2022 (6 PM)|
|Interviews||20 June to 25 June 2022|
AcSIR Admission Portal Session Aug-2022
|Start date of online application for admission||13-03-2022|
|Last date of online application for admission (Extended)||31-05-2022|
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23 Selection Process
- INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ONLINE THIS YEAR
- Eligible candidates will be invited through email for appearing in interviews.
- The interviews will be aimed at evaluating abilities to comprehend, analyze and reason along with the aptitude of the candidate in biological sciences.
- Candidates will also be evaluated with special focus on their research proposal that they are to submit at the time of application.
- The candidates should be ready to make a short 5-minute presentation (no slides,) based on their research interest and research proposal.
- M.Sc/M.Tech/M.Pharm/B.Tech/B.Pharm/B.E/MBBS candidates should hold DBT(JRF)/ CSIR-UGC(JRF)/ ICMR-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE or equivalent which should be valid at the time of joining.
- Fellowship conditions should allow them to work in CSIR Laboratories and on CSIR projects.
- B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.E students who fulfil the conditions for GATE-JRF fellowship (http://csirhrdg.nic.in/gate.html) are also eligible.
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- CSIR-IGIB application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website.
- It is mandatory to get AcSIR Form number through the AcSIR admission portal.
- AcSIR Form number is generated after registering and applying on the AcSIR Admissions portal.
- Upload your research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. Complete the rest of the application as instructed.
- Keep the AcSIR Application form number (which should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX) from the AcSIR application portal. This will be essential for applying on the CSIR-IGIB portal. Please note that this is not the same as the registration number.
- In case you face any difficulty with online application form please inform Pratima at [email protected] well in advance of the deadline.
- Things to keep ready before starting the IGIB application process:
- AcSIR Application Form Number from AcSIR portal (this should be of the format AcSIRXXXXX).
- A digital passport photograph NOT more than 2MB in size.
- Details of your educational qualifications (marks, subjects, university, year of passing, etc). Please convert CGPA grades to percentage.
- Fellowship details.
- Candidates will have to submit a non-refundable application fee of Rs 1000/- [Rs 500/- for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates]. The payment will be made through an online payment portal. Please keep your net banking details or your card details available with you.
- A succinctly written research proposal (this does not have to be related to the work you will actually do in the PhD). This will be used to evaluate your scientific aptitude. The proposal should address these points.
- Title of the proposal
- Introduction on the problem
- What is not known?
- How do you aim to solve it?
- A one page schematic can be hand drawn, or computer made, if needed.
- The total proposal can be a maximum of 1500 words (excluding the figure).
- The whole proposal (with figure) file should be a single PDF file.
- Please prepare and keep this ready before initiating the application process. This needs to be uploaded during the application process.
|SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) Category||Rs 500/-|
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2022-23 Results
For Aug 2022 Early Admission
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021
Important Dates for CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2021
|Start of Application Form||06 April 2021 (6:00 PM)|
|Last Date for submission of Application Form||20 April 2021 (6:00 PM)|
|Interviews||23 – 25 June 2021|