CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2022 – The Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) Hyderabad in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad invites applications for admission into regular PhD Programme in Development Studies for the academic year 2022-2023.
Check full details on CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2022 below here.
Related – Admissions in Telangana
About CESS Hyderabad
- Established in 1980, the Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) is an autonomous research institution supported by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi and the Government of Telangana.
- The Centre’s research revolves around issues related to the economy, polity and society with a special emphasis on India and the state of Telangana among others.
- The Centre has state of art library, computing and other infrastructural facilities available for carrying out good quality research.
- It is situated in a beautiful campus in the premises of the Nizamiah Observatory at Begumpet in Hyderabad
CESS Hyderabad PhD Programs
CESS in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad invites applications for admission into regular Ph.D Programme in Development Studies for the academic year 2022-2023 in the following disciplines:
- Sociology/Anthropology/Social Work
- Development Statistics (related to research areas of CESS)
- Political Science/Public Administration
- Commerce/ Business Management (related to research areas of CESS)
Academic Curriculum and Duration
- The Programme involves coursework for a year and a Ph.D. thesis.
- The coursework, spread over two semesters, comprises of courses on Research Methodology, Perspectives and Paradigms of Development, Fundamentals of Econometrics/Development Statistics, India’s Development Debate, Applied Econometrics/ Applied Statistics and Paradigms in Social Sciences.
- Research topics for Ph.D thesis can be chosen from any of the above given subjects with a Development Studies Perspective.
- The duration of the programme will be five years of which, one year is for course work; and four years for completion of Research/Thesis work after Registration for Ph.D.
- The Research/Thesis work will be taken up only after successful completion of the course work and Registration for Ph.D.
- Total number of seats: 12 (The Centre reserves the right not to fill all the seats if suitable candidates are not found).
- Statutory reservations will be followed as per Government of Telangana norms.
- The selected scholars may avail ICSSR fellowships on a competitive basis after registration.
- Scholars are encouraged to avail fellowship through various national fellowships such as UGC– JRF, RGNF, and Ministry of Tribal Welfare etc.
- The selected candidates belonging to SC/ST categories with annual income less than the prescribed limit may avail the fee concession.
- CESS may consider providing some partial financial assistance during the course work period to deserving candidates who do not have any other sources of funding, subject to availability of funds.
- Limited facilities for hostel accommodation are available on campus for the outstation scholars.
- The accommodation will be on a first cum first serve basis.
- The rent for the hostel room will be charged as per rules.
- Defaulters are not encouraged to remain staying in the hostel.
CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Application submission deadline||30 July 2022|
|Entrance test (Online Test/Offline Test)||13 August 2022|
|Interview of shortlisted candidates (Personal/Online)||27 August 2022|
|Commencement of Programme||Mid-September 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2022
- Post-Graduate Degree with at least 55 percent marks or its equivalent Grade [50 percent marks for SC/ST/ Differently-Abled categories] in the concerned subject from any recognized university. (OR)
- An M.Phil Degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university.
- Candidates qualified in the National level tests in UGC-NET, State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or Candidates in UGC–FDP (Faculty Development Programme) and Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders.
CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- Application can be submitted Online. Alternatively, applications can be downloaded and duly filled in application form along with self-attested copies of the above documents should be sent/submitted to: “The Dean, Division of Graduate Studies, Centre For Economic and Social Studies, Nizamiah Observatory Campus, Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500016”.
- Application should be submitted in the prescribed format along with Copies of Mark sheets and Certificates of Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees or M.Phil degrees, Age Proof – SSLC Certificate or any other relevant document.
- Candidates belonging to the following categories should submit self-attested copies of latest relevant certificates issued from competent authorities.
- SC/ST candidates – caste certificate
- BC Candidates – BC Certificate
- Person with Disability (PWD) (with ≥ 40% disability) candidates– PWD certificate
- Applications of candidates working in Government Departments and Public sector undertakings should be forwarded through proper channel along with a no objection certificate from the competent authority.
- Application form and the guidelines can be downloaded from the CESS website www.cess.ac.in/phd-enrol-online-2022/
- Application Fee – Rs.1000/-
- Admissions are based on an Entrance Test and Interview for eligible candidates.
- An entrance test will be conducted Online/Offline by the Centre for admission to the Ph.D Programme.
- The medium of examination for the Entrance Test shall be English only.
- The entrance exam consists of 2 sections –
- Section I Research Methodology,
- Section II – Respective Discipline.
- Candidates who qualify in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview.
CESS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2021
|Application submission deadline||20 July 2021|
|Entrance test||Online Test/Offline Test – 7 August 2021|
|Interview of shortlisted candidates||Personal/Online – 21 August 2021|
|Announcement of selection||27 August 2021|
|Last date for payment of fee||06 September 2021|
|Commencement of Programme||20 September 2021|