Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2022-23 – Central University of South Bihar invites application for PhD Admission 2022-23.
Check more details on Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2022-23 such as important dates, application process, eligibility and more below here.
Latest – Application form is available now
Related – Admissions in Bihar
Central University of South Bihar PhD Programs
Available PhD Program Seats for session 2022-23
|Name of Subjects||No of Seats|
|Journalism and mass Communication||07|
|Psychology & Clinical Psychology||06|
Category Wise Seats
Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Opening of the online Application forms||01 September 2022|
|Activation of Payment link||01-21 September 2022|
|Last Date for Online Application||21 September 2022|
|Publication of the list of eligible candidates for Interview along with Interview dates||26 September 2022|
|Verification of documents and interview (in offline mode) by respective Departments||10-20 October 2022|
|Announcement of Merit List for admission||10 November 2022|
|Date for deposition of fees for admission||14-20 November 2022|
|Admission of waitlisted candidates against vacant seats, if any||23-26 November 2022|
- Master’s degree in the concerned/relevant/allied subject with 55% marks or equivalent in Master’s degree in Education from a recognized University/Institution
- A Relaxation of 5% of marks from 55 to 50% or equivalent relaxation of Grade for SC/ST/OBC(Non creamy layer)/Differently abled candidates.
Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through the link www.cusbadmission.samarth.edu.in
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size photograph, scanned signature and scanned copies of the supporting documents.
- A print-out of the same along with supporting documents, should be retained to be brought along at the time of interview.
|SC/ ST/ Transgender||Rs. 550/-|
Mode of Direct Admission
A candidate who fulfils one of the following requirements may be considered for direct admission to the PhD Programme without appearing in the entrance test:
- A candidate who is qualified in a national level test such as National Eligibility Test (NET-JRF), NET-LS (without fellowship), Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) accredited by UGC/Central Government or State Government.
- A candidate who have cleared /qualified in any entrance test (in respective discipline) conducted by govt run institutions /university having NIRF ranking within top 10.
- A candidate who is a recipient of National Doctoral Fellowship or other fellowships from Government /semi-government organizations (through All-India selection procedure conducted by the agencies/organization for award of research fellowships) such as Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), University Grants Commission(UGC), All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), Department of Science and Technology(DST), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Indian Council of Medical Research, and similar National Level Organizations.
- A candidate who is selected under Quality Improvement Programme(QIP) of AICTE or Faculty Development Programme of a State Government/UGC.
- A teacher/researcher working as a full time regular teacher/researcher in other central universities or central institutions, who is sponsored as a part time (External) candidate by the said organisation.
- A foreign national who is a recipient of fellowship by Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Government of India and who is sponsored by his/her government.
- A self-financing foreign national who is admitted through the Embassy/High commission of his/her country or admitted under a MoU with due clearance from the Indian Missions abroad. As per revised guidelines/instructions of the Department of Higher Education, MHRD, GOI on grant of research visa, the foreigners who desire to undertake research in India, should therefore, apply to the concerned Indian Missions abroad with the brief synopsis of the research project to be undertaken in India, the details of places to be visited, previous visits, whether the scholar has secured admission into a recognized or reputed institution and evidence of financial resources
- A candidate who is already registered as Ph.D scholar in some other university and whose supervisor joins this University. In this case, the candidate has to fulfill the terms & condition laid down in CUSB Ph.D Ordinances
- A candidate, working in an externally funded research project in the University as a research personnel, may be allowed to register for Ph.D in the University provided he/she publishes at least one research paper in a peer refereed journal after joining the project (out of the research work generated in the project). Provided further that in such cases, the consents of the PI and the supervisor (in case PI is not the supervisor) are available to the effect that the research work of the Project and that of the Ph.D are overlapping and/or working simultaneously will not hamper the interest of either
- “A teaching or a non- teaching employee of Central University of South Bihar, Gaya holding substantive position and recommended by the Head & Dean of the School in case of teachers and by the Registrar in case of non-teaching employee and accepted by the concerned DRDC/CRDC.”
Check detailed criteria in notification.
- For selection of candidate a weightage of 70% to the score of NET (LS or JRF) / GATE qualifying exam etc. (on 100 point scale) and 30% to the performance in the interview shall be given.
- Interview of 100 marks shall be conducted of eligible candidates who have applied for through Samarth portal.
- The candidate must secure a minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS) in interview to be eligible for Ph.D. admission in the discipline.
- However, meeting the said minimum requirement will not guarantee registration for Ph.D. as it is dependent upon performance in the interview and availability of vacant seats.
Mode of Interview
- Interview / viva-voce shall be conducted only of those candidates who have completed the online application process.
- All interviews will be held only in person and there is no provision of skype interview or any other online mode.
- Venue of Interview in Offline mode Central University of South Bihar
|Annexures Related to Ph.D. Admission||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|CUSB Website||Click Here|
Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2021
Available PhD Programs
|Name of Subjects||No of Seats|
|Communication & Media Studies||6|
|Psychology & Clinical Psychology||6|
|Political Science & International Relations||4|
Central University of South Bihar PhD Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Opening of the online Application forms||25 August 2021|
|Activation of Payment link||01-10 September 2021|
|Last Date of receiving of the Online Application||10 September 2021|
|Publication of the list of eligible candidates for Interview alongwith Interview dates||15 September 2021|
|Verification of documents and interview (in offline mode) by respective Departments||21-30 September 2021|
|Announcement of Merit List for admission||05 October 2021|
|Date for deposition of fees for admission||06-08 October 2021|
|Admission of waitlisted candidates against vacant seats, if any||12-13 October 2021|