Availability of Seats for PhD Programme for 2022-23
PhD Political Science
PhD Public Administration
PhD Environmental Science
Eligibility Criteria for BRAOU Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023
A candidate should possess a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% in the case of SC/ST categories) in the subject concerned or in any allied subject from a recognized university.
Among the notified vacancies, 60% shall be filled by NET/SET/SLET/JRF qualified candidates and the remaining 40% through the University Entrance Test followed by the Interviews. In case of an unfilled vacancy in either category, candidates from another category can be requisitioned to fill the vacant slots in the order of merit and duly following Reservation norms.
However, a candidate satisfying one or more of the eligibility criteria per the rules is not guaranteed admission into the Ph.D. program. The Ph.D. admission is subject to the availability of vacancies in the Department and with the Research Supervisor(s) in the concerned Department, availability of physical facilities in the subject concerned (in the case of science subjects), the candidate’s academic record and the performance of the candidate in the Ph.D. admission interview.
BRAOU Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
Commencement of Registration for Online application
13 April 2023
Last date without late fee
08 May 2023
Last date with a late fee of Rs. 500
12 May 2023
Date & Time of PhD Entrance Test
20 May 2023 (from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.)
BRAOU Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
The registration for Ph.D. Entrance Test is through Online only. The candidates are advised to visit the University portal www.braouonline.in to fill the prescribed application form and register by paying a fee.
The procedure for payment of Registration fee is available in the website.
The Entrance Test will be held at Hyderabad only.
Admission into PhD Programme shall be through an Entrance Test (Computer Based Test [CBT]) mode followed by an interview.
The Entrance test will be conducted at the University headquarters. The qualifying marks in the written test are 50% (45% in the case of SC/ST categories) in each paper.
JRF/UGC-NET/CSIR-NET/SET/SLET/M.Phil., Qualified applicants shall be exempted from the written test provided they register with the University for the Programme by paying the prescribed registration fee. However, they have to appear for the interview.
Those who qualify in the written test and the applicants qualified in JRF / UGC-/CSIRNET / SET / SLET/M.Phil., shall be called for an interview, which carries 30 marks.
At the time of the interview, the candidate has to submit a research proposal along with the research design on the topic of his/her choice of the concerned discipline. However, the proposed area of research must be socially relevant/locally need-based/nationally important/globally significant/create value to the society or in cutting edge areas or contribute to new/additional knowledge in emerging concerns worldwide.
The candidates who qualify in both the written test and interview shall be considered for admission into the Ph.D. the Programme of the subject concerned is based on the availability of seats and adhering to the state government’s rule of reservation (ROR).
Admissions into the Ph.D. the Programme shall be made once a year based on the availability of seats and physical facilities (in the case of science subjects) under a qualified research supervisor of the subject concern.
BRAOU Hyderabad Entrance Test Details
Total Marks – 300 Marks
Time – 03 hours (180 minutes)
Medium – The medium of instruction and examination for Ph.D., Entrance Test, course work and writing dissertation/thesis shall be English only. In case of languages, the medium of instruction and other activities shall be in the language concerned.
The Ph.D. Entrance Test result is valid for one time only for the year mentioned in the Admission Notification. (Admission Notification-2022-23).
A candidate is allowed to appear for only one subject in the Entrance Test.
Pattern of Paper
Number of Questions
The questions will be generic in nature, intending to assess the teaching & research aptitude of the candidate
This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge