Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) – Bose Institute, Kolkata announces admission to PhD Program for session 2022 (Spring).
Check more details on eligibility criteria, application process, selection process and more for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) below here.
About Bose Institute Kolkata
Bose Institute established in 1917 by Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent,. The Institute was set up as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research center and bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research.
Bose Institute has an established Ph.D. programme in the research domains of Atmospheric Sciences, Interdisciplinary Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences and Physical Sciences.
Many of alumni of the institute have become reputed experts in their chosen fields of research.
The institute is a national pioneer in research on astroparticle physics and cosmic rays, foundations of quantum physics and interdisciplinary physics. Path-breaking research in the fields of plant sciences, structural biology, molecular biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology has been conducted at the Institute.
Broad Areas of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Applied Biosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring)
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 30th September, 2022. If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 % of marks for general candidates, while 50% marks is necessary for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as per UGC norms.
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is not finally awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute.
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc. but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned above or equivalent are ineligible to apply.
Age limit: Below 28 years as on 30th September 2022 (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
Selection Procedure for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring)
- Past academic record will be the basis for shortlisting of candidates for interview.
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission.
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Barring pandemic-related exigencies, candidates will have to appear for the interview in person.
- No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview
- Specific instructions regarding the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates
- The medium of the interaction for the interviews is English
- Candidates qualifying in the interview will be called for counselling
- Following counselling, the final list of selected candidates will be displayed on the Institute website
- The Institute Authority reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason thereof.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) Important Dates
|Last Date for online Registration||20 April, 2022 (6 PM)|
|Display of short-listed candidates||29 April, 2022|
|Tentative date of interview||May, 2022|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) Application Process
Interested candidates have to apply online on Bose Institute Website.
Candidates can apply simultaneously to a maximum of two positions.
Candidates are required to provide a Statement of Purpose (SOP), in prescribed format, for each of the positions she/he applies for.
On successful registration an online acknowledgement receipt will be generated.
For the interview applicants must produce this acknowledgement receipt. Without this receipt no applicant will be entertained for an interview.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) Results
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling for Life Sciences
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling for Atmospheric, Applied Biosciences and Physical Sciences
- Information regarding Venue and Reporting Time
- Interview schedule for shortlisted candidates
- Candidates Shortlisted for Interview
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP) format||Click Here|
|Bose Institute Website||visit|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn)
|Last Date for online Registration||30 November, 2021|
|Display of short-listed candidates||10 December, 2021|
|Tentative date of interview||3rd week of December, 2021|
Selection Procedure for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn)
- A shortlisting will be done based on 50% weightage on past academic records and 50% weightage on SOP.
- List of shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed at the Institute website.
- The interview will be conducted online/hybrid mode. Specific instructions for the interview will be communicated to the candidates at a later date.
- The medium of the interviews is English.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn) Results
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling
- Shortlisted Candidates for Interview after document verification
- Candidates Shortlisted for Interview
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2020
Deadline for on-line Registration: extended till April 14, 2020