Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn) – Bose Institute, Kolkata announces admission to PhD Program for session 2022 (Autumn).
Check more details on eligibility criteria, application process, selection process and more for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn) below here.
About Bose Institute Kolkata
Bose Institute established in 1917 by Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent,. The Institute was set up as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research center and bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research.
Bose Institute has an established Ph.D. programme in the research domains of Atmospheric Sciences, Interdisciplinary Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences and Physical Sciences.
Many of alumni of the institute have become reputed experts in their chosen fields of research.
The institute is a national pioneer in research on astroparticle physics and cosmic rays, foundations of quantum physics and interdisciplinary physics. Path-breaking research in the fields of plant sciences, structural biology, molecular biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology has been conducted at the Institute.
Broad Areas of Research
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Applied Biosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
For Areas of Research Available for 2022 (Autumn) read notification.
Eligibility Criteria for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn)
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 31st March, 2023. If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55% of marks for general candidates, while 50% marks is necessary for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as per UGC norms.
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is finally not awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Insti
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc., but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above, or equivalent, are ineligible to apply.
Age limit: Below 28 years (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
Selection Procedure for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn)
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Online interview will be taken only if :
- (i) candidate’s place of residence is beyond 100 km from the Unified Campus of Bose Institute (candidate must furnish proof of residence)
- (ii) Candidate will be appearing for an interview at another institution on the same date (candidate must furnish a copy of interview letter, which mentions the date of interview)
- In such cases candidate must submit request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within two days of publication of interview schedule on Bose Institute website.
- A two-step screening process will be followed, with knowledge in core subject being assessed in the first step and suitability of the candidate for conducting scientific research at Bose Institute, along with finalization of Ph.D. guide-candidate matching, being assessed in the second step. At the time of application, candidates will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose, which will be used during the second round of screening.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated the date of interview at the respective email IDs.
- No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn) Important Dates
|Last Date for online Registration||18 Dec 2022|
|Display of short-listed candidates||27 Dec 2022|
|Date of 1st stage of interview||03-06 January 2023|
|Date of 2nd stage of interview||10-13 January 2023|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn) Application Process
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should apply online at the URL – http://www.jcbose.ac.in/applications/PHD-ADMISSION/
- Deadline for online application: 23:59 Hrs. on December 18, 2022
- An acknowledgement receipt will be generated following successful submission of the online application form. Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference. If called for the interview, candidates must produce this acknowledgement receipt. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the interview without this receipt.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Autumn) Results
Candidates Shortlisted for Interview
The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Online interview will be taken only if :
- (i) Candidate’s place of residence is beyond 100 km from the Unified Academic Campus of Bose Institute
- (ii) Candidate will be appearing for an interview at another institution on the same date (candidate must furnish a copy of interview letter, which mentions the date of interview). In such cases candidate must submit request via email at email@example.com within two days of publication of this list i.e. by December, 29.12.2022.
Date of 1st stage of interview : January 03-06, 2023.
Date of 2nd stage of interview : January 10-13, 2023
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP) format||Click Here|
|Bose Institute Website||visit|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
|Admissions in West Bengal||Admissions in West Bengal|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring)
|Last Date for online Registration||20 April, 2022 (6 PM)|
|Display of short-listed candidates||29 April, 2022|
|Tentative date of interview||May, 2022|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2022 (Spring) Results
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling for Life Sciences
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling for Atmospheric, Applied Biosciences and Physical Sciences
- Information regarding Venue and Reporting Time
- Interview schedule for shortlisted candidates
- Candidates Shortlisted for Interview
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn)
|Last Date for online Registration||30 November, 2021|
|Display of short-listed candidates||10 December, 2021|
|Tentative date of interview||3rd week of December, 2021|
Selection Procedure for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn)
- A shortlisting will be done based on 50% weightage on past academic records and 50% weightage on SOP.
- List of shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed at the Institute website.
- The interview will be conducted online/hybrid mode. Specific instructions for the interview will be communicated to the candidates at a later date.
- The medium of the interviews is English.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2021 (Autumn) Results
- Candidates Shortlisted for Counselling
- Shortlisted Candidates for Interview after document verification
- Candidates Shortlisted for Interview
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2020
Deadline for on-line Registration: extended till April 14, 2020