BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23: Bhakta Kavi Narsinh Mehta University (BKNMU) Junagadh, Gujrat invites application for PhD admission 2022-23 through PhD Entrance Test (PET)- 2022.
Check full details on BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23 here.
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Programs
Category Wise Available Seats for Ph.D.Programme-2022-2023
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme should have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree in the concerned subject by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures
- A candidate shall be eligible to apply for PET only in the Subject in which he/she has obtained Master’s Degree with at least 55% without grace marks in the respective subject.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks for reserved category will be applicable.
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Starting date for online application||24 December, 2022|
|Last Date of Submitting Online Application||03 January, 2023|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||05 January, 2023|
|Centre Based Online Exam Date||07 January, 2023|
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Visit http://bknmu.edu.in.
- Fill the form with accuracy. Your name should be as per your Aadhar card.
- After filling up the form, save it and Pay Rs. 1500/- as PET Fee through payment gateway.
- Keep print out of online filled form and payment receipt.
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Admission 2022-23 Selection Process
- A final merit list will be prepared after interview/viva-voce (RDC) as per following criteria
- 70 % of marks obtained in PET and
- 30 % marks of presentation cum interview/Viva Voce (RDC)
- A candidate who has cleared UGC/CSIR (JRF), NET/ SLET/ GSET/Teacher Fellowship holders are exempted from PET-2022, but such candidates must apply online for PET-2022. These candidates shall have to appear in the RDC for presentation interview/ viva-voce.
- Exempted candidates merit list will be prepared after interview/viva-voce (RDC) as per following criteria
- 30 % marks of presentation cum interview/Viva Voce will be considered while preparing the final merit list. It will be converted into 100 marks. Provided that if the research proposal of the concern candidate is not upto the mark, the RDC can summarily reject the proposal. Such candidates will be treated as ‘Not Eligible’ for admission in Ph.D. Programme.
BKNMU Junagadh PhD Entrance Test (PET) 2022 Details
- PhD Entrance Test will be held in the Centre Based Online Exam.
- Syllabus of Ph.D. Entrance Test is as per UGC NET/GSET/PG level.
- Paper Style of the Ph.D. Entrance Test will contain two papers:
- Paper I – General Paper: This paper will have 50 multiple choice questions. It will be common for all subjects. Examination time is 1:00 hour. Syllabus of this paper will be 50 % questions based on Research Methodology and remaining 50 % questions will be based on NET/GSET Paper-1 contents.
- Paper II – Subject Specific: This paper will have 50 multiple choice questions. Examination time is 1:00 hour. Contents of this paper will be subject specific.
- Total marks for PET will be 100 for 100 MCQs, each of them carries one mark.
- The qualifying marks for the Ph.D. Entrance Test will be 50% – in aggregate (paper-1 & Paper-II). A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 50% to 45% shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled candidates.
- There will be no negative marking system.
- Candidates should download his/her Hall Ticket before three days of PET from http://bknmu.edu.in
- Candidate will not be allowed to enter PET centre without Hall Ticket and any one original Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/Voter Card/ Driving License/PAN card).