BITSAT 2022 – Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani Deemed to be University invites application for Admissions to all the Integrated First Degree Programs of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani Campus, Goa Campus, and Hyderabad Campus for the academic year 2022-23 on the basis of a Computer-based Online Admission Test – BITSAT 2022 conducted by BITS, Pilani.
Check full details on BITSAT 2022 below here.
Integrated First degree programmes to which admissions will be made on the basis of BITSAT 2022:
At BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus
|B.E.||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Electronics & Communication, Mechanical, Manufacturing.|
|M.Sc.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics and|
At BITS Pilani – K. K. Birla Goa Campus
|B.E.||Chemical, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical.|
|M.Sc.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics.|
At BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus
|B.E.||Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics & Instrumentation, Mechanical. B. Pharm.|
|M.Sc.||Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, and Physics|
The candidates who join in M.Sc. programme are eligible to apply for dual degree in Engineering at BITS Pilani after completion of first year. This assignment is made by competition on their performance at BITS at the end of the first year. (For more details refer to Admissions Modality available on the BITS admissions website.)
BITSAT 2022 Important Dates
|Start of application form||14th March 2022 (Monday)|
|Deadline to apply online for BITSAT-2022 for Session-I or Both the sessions||12th June, 2022 (Sunday)|
|Revision/editing (online) in the application form by candidates||8th (Wednesday) to 12th (Sunday) June, 2022|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||15th June, 2022 (Wednesday)|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot.||17th June (Friday) 2022 to 22nd June (Wednesday), 2022|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions (for session I)||25th June (Saturday) to till the exam date|
|BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-I||2nd July (Saturday) to 9th July (Saturday), 2022|
|The application window to apply for BITSAT-2022 Session-II||4th July (Monday) to 20th July (Wednesday), 2022|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||23rd July (Saturday), 2022|
|Candidates to reserve Test date and slot.||26th July (Tuesday) to 30th July (Saturday), 2022|
|Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions (for session II)||31st July (Sunday) till exam date|
|BITSAT-2022 Online Test Session-II||3rd August (Wednesday) to 7th August (Sunday), 2022|
|Apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences||15th July (Friday) to 31st August (Wednesday), 2022|
|Editing of Preferences Application form||1st September (Thursday) to 5th September (Monday), 2022|
|Admit list and Wait list announcement after Iteration I||8th September (Thursday), 2022|
BITSAT 2022 Counselling Dates
|Revision/Editing the online application form||August 1 to 5, 2022|
|Admit list and Wait list announcement after BITSAT Iteration I||August 8, 2022|
|Deadline for payment of fee/advance fees||First week of August 2022|
|Announcement of admission assignment after BITSAT Iteration II||Second week of August 2022|
|Deadline for payment of balance fees by candidates selected for admission from the waiting list in second iteration||Second week of August 2022|
|Announcement of admission assignment after BITSAT 2022 Iteration III||Third week of August 2022|
|Deadline for candidates who wish to withdraw admission to submit Withdrawal request online using online credentials||Third week of August 2022|
|Deadline for payment of balance fees by candidates selected for admission from the waiting list in third iteration||Third week of August 2022|
|Announcement of admission assignment after BITSAT 2022 Iteration IV||Fourth week of August 2022|
|Reporting for admission at respective campuses for candidates selected for admission in Iteration I, II, III, IV||Last week of August 2022|
|Orientation & Document verification for candidates selected for admission in Iteration I, II, III, IV||Last week of August 2022|
|Announcement of admission assignment after BITSAT Iteration V||Last week of August 2022|
|Registration of Courses (subjects) for First Semester 2021-22 at respective Campuses. A separate information will be provided by the respective Campus||First week of September 2022|
|Commencement of classes as per registration||First week of September 2022|
|Reporting for admission at respective campuses for candidates selected for admission in Iteration V||First week of September 2022|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration VI||First week of September 2022|
|Reporting for admission at respective campuses for candidates selected for admission in Iteration VI||Second week of September 2022|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
For B.E. and M.Sc.
- Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
For B. Pharm
- Candidates should have passed the 12 th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for the Pharmacy program.
Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below:
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2022 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2021 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2022 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2020 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2022.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2022. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct Admission to Board Toppers
- First rank students of State and Central boards in India for the year 2022 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2022 score as per the eligibility criteria.
BITSAT 2022 Application Process
- Interested candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2022 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Candidate has to complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees. Also, take the printout of the filled-in form for your future reference.
BITSAT 2022 Application Fees
|Sessions||Male candidates||Female candidates|
|Both Sessions||Rs 5400||Rs 4400|
|Session 1||Rs 3400||Rs 2900|
|Session 2 (If appeared for session 1)||Rs 2000||Rs 1500|
BITSAT 2022 Test Slot Booking
Candidates who have registered for BITSAT- 2022 should reserve their Test date and time before 5:00 PM on 22nd June 2022 .
It will be done on a first-come-first-serve basis. Enter the personal details below and click on the ‘Proceed’ button and follow the instructions to reserve your test date and time.
Requests for change of test centers will not be entertained. Further, once the candidate reserves a date and time, no changes are allowed.
Click Here to book BITSAT-2022 Test Date and Slot
Click Here to find out BITSAT-2022 Test City
BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
After you have reserved the test date and time, the hall ticket with detailed instructions will be available for downloading during 25th June 2022 – till the day of exam.
- BITSAT Admit Card is made available for download on the official website. The admit card contains details such as Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, application number, test center details, Test date, Test time, Date of exam, test slot, and exam instructions. BITSAT 2022 Admit Card is issued to only those candidates who do the slot booking before the last date.
- To download BITSAT Admit Card 2022, students need to use their BITSAT Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID. In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, report the conducting authority in time for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
BITSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Sections||Part I – Physics (30 questions) Part II – Chemistry (30 questions) Part III – English Proficiency (10 questions) and Logical Reasoning (20 questions) Part IV – Mathematics/Biology (40 questions) questions)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||130 Questions|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect responses and no marks will be given for unattempted questions.|
BITSAT 2022 Syllabus
Check BITSAT 2022 Syllabus in information brochure.
BITSAT Cutoff Scores
|BITSAT 2017 Cutoff Scores|
|BITSAT 2018 Cutoff Scores|
|BITSAT 2019 Cutoff Scores|
|BITSAT 2020 Cutoff Scores|