BARC OCES DGFS 2023: Application Form, Dates (Out)
BARC OCES DGFS 2023 – The BARC recruitment authority invites application form for for the post of OCES/DGFS Scientific Officers posts.
The selection process includes the screening test and an Interview round.
Check full details on BARC OCES DGFS 2023 like the eligibility, vacancy, syllabus, exam pattern etc. below here.
- Online Exam for BARC OCES/ DGFS 2023 dates – 01st and 02nd April 2023
BARC OCES DGFS Programs
BARC OCES Program
- One Year Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates for the year 2023-2024 (OCES-2023) conducted at the BARC Training Schools.
- Table-1 lists Eligible Disciplines. Table-2 lists the Eligible Disciplines and orientation of the Training Programme at each of the Training Schools.
- A Trainee Scientific Officer (TSO), who scores a minimum of 50% aggregate marks on completion of the Training Programme, is declared to have completed the course successfully. Successful TSOs will be posted as Scientific Officers in one of the following DAE units:
- a) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai,
- b) Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR), Kalpakkam,
- c) Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT), Indore,
- d) Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC), Kolkata,
- e) Heavy Water Board (HWB), Mumbai,
- f) Nuclear Fuel Complex (NFC), Hyderabad,
- g) Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT), Mumbai,
- h) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), Mumbai,
- i) Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam Ltd (BHAVINI), Kalpakkam,
- j) Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration & Research (AMD), Hyderabad,
- k) Uranium Corporation of India Ltd (UCIL), Jaduguda,
- l) Directorate of Construction, Services and Estate Management (DCS&EM), Mumbai*
- *These units have their Head Office at the indicated locations. Placement can be at the Head Office or at other facilities of these units located in different parts of India.
- Allocation of a successful OCES TSO to a DAE unit is carried out based on the needs of DAE’s programmes and the TSO’s performance in the OCES programme.
- DAE reserves the right to place TSOs in any of its other units also or the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB).
- Performance above a specified threshold in course work at the Training School will entitle TSOs to a Post-Graduate Diploma or could earn them credits towards M.Tech./Ph.D. programmes of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a Deemed to be University.
BARC DGFS Program
- DGFS: Two-Year DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme for Engineering Graduates for the years 2023-2025 (DGFS-2023).
- Under this scheme, Engineering Graduates who have excelled in the Selection Interviews for the BARC Training Schools’ programme and who have independently secured admission for M.Tech. in DGFS Institutes and specializations as listed in Table-3, are paid stipend and tuition fee to pursue M.Tech. degree while retaining their employment in DAE.
- After successful completion of one-year course work at the DGFS Institute, Fellows undertake project work, which is assigned by DAE and supervised jointly by a DAE guide and the Institute guide.
- On successful completion of M. Tech. DGFS Fellows are posted as Scientific Officers in DAE. Appointment in DAE units shall be as a Group “A” Gazetted Officer of the Government of India
- On joining, they are required to first undertake a four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF) at the BARC Training School, Mumbai.
- The placement** of the DGFS Fellows on successful completion of DGFS programme will only be at BARC (in case of Fellows who complete their M.Tech. at IIT Bombay) and IGCAR (in case of Fellows who complete their M. Tech. at IIT Madras).
- **Placement can be at any of the BARC facilities located in different parts of India. Allocation of a DGFS Fellow to a DAE unit is done at the beginning of the M. Tech. programme based on the needs of DAE’s programmes and their Selection Interview merit.
Stipend and Allowances during Training
- OCES TSOs are paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 per month during the period of their Training and a one- time book allowance of ₹ 18,000. DGFS Fellows are paid a stipend of ₹ 55,000 per month for two years and reimbursed the tuition fee for M.Tech. and are additionally paid a one-time Contingency Grant of ₹ 40,000 per annum for 2 years to meet M.Tech. project related expenses.
- Boarding and Lodging in DAE Hostel is mandatory for OCES TSOs during the Training period. Boarding and lodging in DGFS Institute hostel is mandatory for DGFS Fellows during M. Tech. programme.
- Selected candidates are required to execute an agreement and a Personal Indemnity Bond to serve DAE for at least three years after completion of Training. Indemnity Bond is ₹ 6, 78,000 for OCES TSOs and ₹ 14, 40,000 for DGFS Fellows pursuing M.Tech. at IIT Bombay & ₹ 13, 40,000 for DGFS Fellows pursuing M. Tech. at IIT Madras. No third-party surety is required.
Grade And Pay Scale
- Appointment in all the units shall be as a Scientific Officer “C‟ (SO/C) in the Level 10 – ₹ 56,100 of the 7th Central Pay Commission Pay Matrix.
- Appointment will be at the beginning of the pay scale with OCES TSOs getting two or three increments depending on their performance during the OCES programme and the DGFS Fellows# getting three or four increments depending on their performance in M. Tech. and four-month Orientation Course for DGFS Fellows (OCDF).
- #DGFS Fellows whose performance in the M.Tech. and OCDF programmes is below a specified threshold will get zero increments.
- Monthly emoluments (with three increments) at the time of joining including Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance at the present Mumbai rate, will be approximately ₹ 1,10,000.
- In addition, other Allowances such as Leave Travel Concession by air, every year up to first eight years (subject to conditions) and once in two years thereafter, Children’s Education Allowance and Professional Update Allowance are also payable.
- A comprehensive Contributory Health Service Scheme or equivalent for employees and their dependent family members is also available at all DAE Units.
BARC OCES DGFS 2023 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online registration of application||04/02/2023|
|Closure of registration of application||05/03/2023|
|window for Online fee payment||04/02/2023 to 06/03/2023|
|Time window for the candidates to confirm their participation in Online Examination and subsequently allocation of examination centre (venue) to candidates confirmed their participation and downloading of their admit card||14/03/2023 to 24/03/2023|
|Last date for uploading the GATE-2023 Score for the candidates applying on the basis GATE-2023 Score #||24/03/2023|
|Online Exam||08/04/2023 to 09/04/2023|
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal||24/04/2023|
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates||26/04/2023 to 06/05/2023|
|Selection Interviews||16/05/2023 to 16/06/2023|
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2023 on Online Application Portal||07/07/2023|
Eligible Engineering Disciplines and their Codes (Tables 1a)
|CODE||Discipline to be Selected in Online Application Form under which candidate wishes to apply||Eligible Subject/Discipline in B.E./B.Tech./B.Sc.|
(Engg.)/5-Year integrated M.Tech. as awarded by University / Institute
of GATE Score
which will be
|TRANING SCHEME of BARC TS in which training will/ may be Allotted to Selected Candidates|
|ME(21)||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical or FRT-M|
|CH(22)||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Chemical or FRT-M|
|MT(23)||Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgy / Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Engineering / Metallurgy & Materials Science / Metallurgical & Materials Engineering / Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science / Materials Science & Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgy or|
|EE(24)||Electrical Engineering||Electrical Engineering / Electrical &|
|Electrical Engineering||Electrical or FRT-E|
|Electronics Engineering / Electrical|
Engineering / Electronics & Communication
Engineering / Electronics and Telecommunication
Engineering /Electronics & Controls Engineering /
Electrical & Electronics Engineering / Electronics &
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Electronics or FRT-E|
|Computer Science / Computer Engineering/|
Computer Science & Engineering
|Computer Science & Information Technology||Computer Science|
|Instrumentation Engineering /|
Instrumentation & Controls Engineering /
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
|CE(28)||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||Civil Engineering||Civil|
|NE(29)||Nuclear Engineering||Nuclear Engineering / Nuclear Technology /|
Nuclear Science & Technology
|NOT ELIGIBLE through GATE||Mechanical or|
Chemical or RSES
Note- FRT-E – Fast Reactor Technology-E; FRT-M – Fast Reactor Technology-M; QA&QC– Quality Assurance & Quality Control; RSES-Radiological Safety & Environmental Science
Eligible Science Disciplines and their Codes (Table 1b)
|CODE||Discipline to be Selected in Online Application Form under which candidate wishes to apply||Eligible Degree Subject/Discipline as awarded by University / Institute||GATE PAPER/ SUBJECT/ (in|
which GATE Score will be
considered for Screening)
|TRANING SCHEME of|
BARC TS in which
training will/ may be
Allotted to Selected
|PH(41)||Physics||1. M. Sc. in Physics / Applied Physics/ Nuclear|
Physics/ Solid State Physics/ Condensed
Matter Physics/ Atomic and Molecular
physics/ Particle & High Energy Physics
2. B.E./B.Tech / Integrated M.Tech. in
2. Physics / Engineering Sciences
|Physics or RSES or RP|
|CY(42)||Chemistry||M. Sc. In Chemistry/ /Physical chemistry,|
Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry,
and Analytical Chemistry
|Chemistry||Chemistry, NFCC or|
|BS(43)||Bioscience||M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry,|
Microbiology, Molecular Biology,
Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology,
Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant
Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology,
Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical
Sciences and Bioscience
|Life Sciences / Biotechnology||Biosciences|
|GE(45)||Geology||M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology /|
Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry or
5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological
|Geology and Geophysics||Geology|
Note – RSES-Radiological Safety & Environmental Science; RP- Reactor Physics, NFCC– Nuclear Fuel Cycle Chemistry
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2023:
For Engineering Disciplines (Exam Discipline Codes ME (21), CH (22), MT(23), EE(24), EC(25), CS(26), IN(27), CE(28), NE(29) as per Table-1a):
- B.E. / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engineering) / 5-year Integrated M.Tech. with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in one of the above mentioned nine engineering disciplines mentioned in Table1a.
- It is to be noted that there is no Training discipline called “Nuclear Engineering‟ and applicants with a degree in “Nuclear Engineering‟ will be allotted RSES at BARC Training School, Mumbai or Mechanical or Chemical at the BARC Training Schools at Mumbai, Kalpakkam or NFC-Hyderabad, as their Training Scheme.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score must have a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 Score in the same GATE paper/subject as the qualifying degree discipline. The applicable GATE paper / subjects are listed in Table-1a.
- Those having qualifying degree in branches like Aerospace, Automobile, Automotive, Aeronautical Engineering, M.E. in CAD/ CAM, Mechanical and Automation Engineering, Industrial Production, Reliability, Ceramics, Architecture, Geology, Mining, Marine Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Bio-Medical Electronics/ Instruments, Communication, Information Technology, Master of Computer Applications, Dyes & Dye Intermediates, Electrochemical, Energy Systems, Chemical Engineering with specialization in Refining & Petrochemicals, Chemical Technology with specialization in Petrochemicals, Chemical & Electrochemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Oils & Fats Engineering, Paints & Varnishes Engineering, Refining & Petrochemicals Engineering, Petrochemicals Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Paper Engineering, Sugar Technology, Textiles Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Power Engineering, Power Plant Engineering, Control Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Information Science/ Technology, M.Sc in Computer Science, M.Sc in Computer Applications (MCA), Computer Science & System Engineering, B.Sc Computer Science, Electronics & Computer Engineering, B.Sc. Electronics, M.Sc Electronics, BSMS programme in Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, etc., are NOT eligible.
b) For Physics Discipline (Exam Discipline Code PH (41)) (Table-1b)
- M.Sc in Physics / Applied Physics with specialization in Nuclear Physics, Solid State physics, Condensed matter physics, atomic and molecular physics, Particle/ high Energy physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. / BE / B. Tech./ B.Sc. (Engg.) or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc. or B.E./ B.Tech. / B. Sc. (Engg.) / Integrated M.Tech in “Engineering Physics” with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in the qualifying degree.
- M. Sc. candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M. Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in B. Sc / B.E. / B. Tech. / B. Sc. (Engg.).
- Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 score in “Physics‟ GATE paper.
- Applicants having B.E./ B. Tech / B. Sc (Engg.) in “Engineering Physics‟ as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 Score either in “Physics‟ or in “Engineering Sciences‟ GATE paper.
- Post graduation in Nanoscience & Technology, M. Tech. in Physics (Nanomaterials & Nanotechnology), M.Sc in Astronomy, M.Sc in Geophysics are NOT eligible.
c) For Chemistry Discipline (Exam Discipline Code CY (42)) (Table-1b)
- M.Sc in Chemistry, Physical chemistry, Organic chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, and Analytical chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or up to subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B. Sc or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc, with a minimum of 60%* (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) aggregate marks in M.Sc.
- All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in B.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 Score in “Chemistry‟ GATE paper.
- M.Sc in Nanoscience / Nanotechnology Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Applied Chemistry, Textile chemistry, M. Sc in Environmental Chemistry, M. Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis, M. Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry, M.Sc in Petroleum Chemistry are NOT eligible.
d) For Bioscience Discipline (Exam Discipline code 43) (Table-1b)
- M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc. (except for 5-year integrated M.Sc.); or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) only in Food Technology with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent).
- M.Sc. applicants should have studied one out of Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry as a subject at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 Score in “Life Sciences‟ or in “Biotechnology‟.
- Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology, Bioanalytical Sciences, Bioinformatics and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering / Biomedical Engineering are NOT eligible.
e) For Geology Discipline (Exam Code 45) (Table-1b)
- M.Sc or equivalent M.Tech in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B.Sc or upto subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc/5-year integrated M.Tech., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in M.Sc/M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc / M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 or equivalent) in B. Sc. also.
- Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII.
- All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2022 or GATE-2023 Score in GATE Paper/subject “Geology & Geophysics”.
- MSc in Geo-informatics is not eligible.
j) Those having M.Sc (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible.
*A minimum of 60% aggregate marks (or minimum of 6.0 CGPA on the scale of 10.0 or equivalent) means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university. Applicants, who have been awarded with LETTER grades, should convert into percentage as per the ordinances of the respective university.
B. Admission to DGFS
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in Mechanical Engineering., Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, Electrical Engineering Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Instrumentation Engineering & Civil Engineering. and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they are selected for OCES-2023 and additionally secure admission for M.Tech. starting in the academic year 2023-24 in one of the selected DGFS Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3.
- Confirmation of M.Tech. admission should be communicated by 14th July 2023.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the selected DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programmes and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C. Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2023):
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Domicile of Kashmir) –31 years,
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years. Physical disability with more than 40% disability may be permitted a scribe.
- The minimum age limit for all the applicants is 18 years as on August 1, 2023.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
E. No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Working Applicants
- Applicants working in Central or State Governments or their Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
F. Application Fee
- A non-refundable Application Fee of ₹500 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories, Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep 1984), Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir).
- Woman candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, candidates belonging to transgender, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
Candidates awaiting final results and / or appearing in qualifying exam in academic year 2022-2023 or for GATE-2023 may also apply.
If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are graduating in the academic year 2022-23 and awaiting final results will be allowed to commence training course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programmes is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS-2023 programme, being submitted by December 29, 2023 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
Selection to OCES/DGFS-2023 is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interviews of the short-listed candidates.
There is a separate two stage selection process ( 1. screening- on the basis of online exam/ GATE Score/ CBS or NISER CGPA score & 2. Selection Interview) for each of the Exam disciplines.
The Table-1a and Table-1b contains exam disciplines and details of allowable qualifying degree & allowable GATE paper/subject along with training scheme/schemes which may be allotted to selected candidates.
Screening for Selection Interviews
Screening for Selection Interviews is based on three alternative methods:
1) On the basis of Online Examination
- Online Examination will be conducted in April, 2023 in each of the nine Engineering disciplines (Exam Codes 21 – 29) and four Science disciplines ( Exam Codes 41,42,43 & 45) in more than forty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in Online Examination.
- Candidates who register for the Online Examination will be allotted to to one of the preferred examination centre chosen by them. A link will be provided to all the valid registered candidates to confirm their participation in online exam. Once they confirm their participation the allotment will be done on first come, first served basis.
- All candidates appearing for the BARC Online Examination will be awarded a BARC Online Examination Score. Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of Online Examination Score.
2) On the basis of GATE Score
- Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE 2022 or GATE-2023 score in the applicable GATE subject.
- Applicants with a degree in “Nuclear Engineering‟ will be screened in only on the basis of Online Examination to be conducted in April, 2023
3) On the basis of CGPA score of CBS/ NISER
- Students graduated/graduating with a Master’s Degree in Physics, Chemistry & Biosciences from University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (CBS) and National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar in the academic year 2021-2022 / 2022-2023, and whose Cumulative Grade Performance Average (CGPA) is greater than or equal to 7.5 on a scale of 10 will directly be screened into the Selection Interview stage, provided they meet all other eligibility requirements of the OCES/DGFS-2023 programme.
- It is to be noted that this option of being screened in based on CGPA can be exercised only once. If applicant had already been screened in for selection interview on the basis CBS/ NISER-2022 score in the previous year then such candidates will not be considered for screening through CBS/NISER screening mode. However, such candidates can apply OCES/DGFS-2023 through others modes of screening channel i.e., GATE and/or ONLINE Exam screening channel.
- Candidates opting for screening through CBS/NISER screening mode should first submit their online application for the OCES/DGFS-2023 programme on the Online Application Portal and subsequently forward their details through the Directors/ competent authority of their institutes to Head, HRDD, BARC Training School Complex, BARC, HBNI Building, Mumbai. 400094 before 5th Aril 2023.
- At the time of application, eligible candidates can choose any one or more than one of the above-mentioned screening options. As the cutoff GATE scores for screening in to Selection Interviews will be finalized only after the conclusion of the Online Examination, candidates are advised to maximize their chance of being screened in to the Selection Interview by availing or more than one of the Screening Channels viz., (GATE score, Online Examination & CGPA score of CBS/ NISER (if applicable) as detailed above.
- Candidates who opt for screening through Online Examination will be allotted to one of the exam city of their choice given during online registration, subject to availability. On completion of online application process, a link will be provided on the Application Portal for candidates to confirm their participation in online exam. Once they confirm their participation, the allotment will be done to one of their three choice of test centres/cities chosen during online application and subsequently admit card/ hall ticket will be generated for download of the same. Confirmation by candidates for participation in online exam is compulsory step for participating in online examination without which they will not be allotted at any centres to appear in the online examination. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have opted for the Online Examination on their registered email address and mobile number as well as announced on the website (https://www.barcocesexam.in) after allotment of examination city/venue. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates in this regard.
- The candidates who have opted for screening on the basis of a GATE Score only or CGPA score of CBS/ NISER (if applicable) only will not be allotted an examination slot for the Online Examination. In case of candidates who opt for screening on the basis online exam along with GATE Score and/or CGPA score of CBS/ NISER (if applicable), they will also be allotted exam slot as per their city preferences. In addition, their GATE Sore and/or CGPA score of CBS/ NISER (if applicable) will also be considered for screening to selection interview.
- Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai (in all disciplines except Geology) and Hyderabad (in Geology). Outstation applicants will be paid two-way normal AC-III tier train fare to attend Selection Interview, from their registered residential (either permanent or communication) address, by shortest route or actual fare, whichever is less.
- Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2023. Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot, based on availability, in April-May, 2023. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email address and mobile number as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process.
- Final Selection for the OCES/DGFS-2023 programmes will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally (subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in July, 2023. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
- Candidates selected for OCES-2023, who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. programmes in the selected DGFS Institutes and who wish to be considered for DGFS, must provide details of their M. Tech. admission by 14th of July 2023.
Training School and Training Scheme Options
|Training School||Exam Disciplines||Training Schemes||Orientation of Training|
|BARC, Mumbai (Since 1957)||Mechanical Engineering (ME-21),|
Chemical Engineering (CH-22),
Metallurgical Engineering (MT-23),
Electrical Engineering (EE-24),
Electronics Engineering (EC-25),
Computer Science (CS-26),
Civil Engineering (CE-28),
Nuclear Engineering (NE-29), Physics
Chemistry Discipline (CY-42), Bioscience
|Engineering design, development, operation and maintenance of nuclear reactors.|
Research in frontier areas of Basic and Engineering Sciences.
|IGCAR, Kalpakkam (Since 2006)||Mechanical Engineering (ME-21),|
Chemical Engineering(CH-22), Electrical
|R&D and Engineering related to Fast Breeder Reactors,|
Research in frontier areas of Basic and Engineering Sciences.
|RRCAT, Indore (Since 2000)||Electrical Engineering (EE-24),|
Electronics Engineering(EC-25), Physics
|R&D and Engineering related to lasers, accelerators,|
Electronics Engineering(EC-24), Nuclear
to support the
|Geology discipline (GE-45)||Geology||Exploration|
RSES – Radiological Safety & Environmental Science; FRT-M : Fast Reactor Technology- M; FRT-E Fast Reactor Technology-E; QA&QC : Quality Assurance & Quality Control.
About Online Exam
‘Online Exam’ means that the candidate sits in front of a computer at the examination centre and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of mouse.
Online Exam Pattern
All questions of the Online Exam are of objective type (multiple choice questions with only one correct choice of answer).
Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as correct answer.
There will be 100 questions in all. The questions are so designed that a good candidate will be able to answer 100 questions in 120 minutes.
The syllabus for the Online Exam is specific to the Engineering discipline which a candidate has selected. The questions are intended to assess the basic understanding of subjects in the area of the Engineering/Science discipline selected by the candidate. Emphasis would be on the knowledge and problem solving ability rather than on the memory of the candidate. General English, General Knowledge, Aptitude etc are not assessed.
All the questions and instructions of the test will be in English only. Candidates should bring a pen for the purpose of rough work, signing etc. Blank sheets for rough work will be provided, if required. Calculators and logarithmic tables are not allowed in the test centres. Candidates are not allowed to bring any other personal belongings such as mobiles/cameras/laptops/notebooks/text books etc. However an on-screen calculator will be available/enabled during the online examination.
Each candidate who registers for the Online Exam will be instructed to download the ‘Admit Card’. A candidate’s entry into the test centre is subject to the verification of the admit card. In addition to the admit card, each candidate is required to bring the following for verification:
- A printed copy of the Admit Card is to be submitted for verification at the time of the examination. At least one original and valid photo identification card (i.e. not photocopied or scanned or expired) such as Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, printout of e-Aadhaar, Driving License / PAN card, Passport, Identity Card issued by School / College / University, SSLC/HSC mark sheet with photo must be presented failing which candidate will not be permitted in the examination. Photocopy of the ID proof will not be allowed.
- Candidates who have availed fee exemption under the category SC/ST/Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA)/Physically Challenged are required to bring valid proof of category for verification at the test centre.
All test centres are closely monitored for security and candidates’ identity and activities.
How To Apply?
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Candidates have to fill up the Online Application form provided on website https://www.barcocesexam.in/.
- Candidates need to register through ‘Apply Online’ link by providing essential information like name, mother’s name, date of birth, e-mail id and a preferred login id. It may be noted that the details provided at this stage cannot be modified later on, and hence the candidates are advised to be careful in entering the details.
- Upon successful registration, the candidates can activate their account through both the OTPs sent to their registered mobile number and registered email id.
- Once the candidate’s account is activated, he/she can subsequently log in multiple times through ‘Candidate’s Login’ link to fill in the Online Application form.
- While filling the form, the candidates are required to upload their recent passport sized photograph (4.5×3.5cm) in JPG format (of size not more than 50 kb) and a scanned copy of their signature (2×4.5cm, in JPG format with size not exceeding 20 kb).
- After filling in all the required details, the candidates who are required to pay the Application Fee (₹500 plus applicable bank charges) may make Online payment using netbanking / debit card / credit card. On clicking on the “Make Payment” button in the payment page, the candidate is taken to the SBI Payment Gateway through which they can pay the application fee using any of the payment modes listed above. If the payment is successful, the candidates can proceed to final submission stage and complete their application. The candidates must make the payment of Application Fee only once and no requests for refund of Application Fee will be entertained from any candidate.
- Finally, the candidates need to submit the filled form. Please note that no modifications/alterations would be permitted in the application form after final submission. Hence the candidates are advised to verify the correctness and adequacy of the information filled by them before the final submission. It is to be noted that only applications where ‘Final Submission’ process has been completed before the last date will be considered valid applications. Candidates have the following options available:
- “Final Submission” – On clicking this button, the details of the candidate are submitted and a Registration Number is generated for the candidate.
- If the candidate wishes to do some modification before final submission, he / she is advised to click the “Home” link provided on the top of the page. However, it must be noted that the candidate must click the “Final Submission” button after the modification.
- A unique Registration Number will be generated for every candidate who has completed the Final Submission process, which must be used for all future correspondence.
- The candidates who wish to apply for screening on the basis of GATE-2023 Score are required to fill in their GATE details after declaration of the GATE results, whereas those wishing to apply on the basis of a GATE-2022 Score must upload their GATE Score during the Application Process. Once the GATE-2023 results are declared, candidates are allowed to upload their GATE score and GATE marks on this portal for a limited period of time. Note: Candidates need not send any documents such as proof of age, proof of category, proof of application fee payment etc. or hard copy application now.
- Note: From Candidate Home, candidate can proceed to each successive stage of registration. After completion of each stage, he/she can also switch over and edit the previous stages , till the final submission is made. Once Final Submission stage is completed, no further modification is possible.
BARC OCES DGFS 2023 Results
List of shortlisted candidates for interview
|Discipline Code||Discipline Name||List|
|Discipline Code||Discipline Name||Schedule|
List of shortlisted candidates for interview
|Discipline Code||Discipline Name||List|
|CS||Computer Science||Click Here|
|NE||Nuclear Engineering||Click Here|
|Discipline Code||Discipline Name||Schedule|
|CS||Computer Science||Click Here|
|NE||Nuclear Engineering||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Latest PhD Admissions||PhD Admissions|
BARC OCES DGFS 2022
|Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2022||17th Jan, 2022 (Monday)|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application|
21st Feb, 2022 (Monday)
|Last date for Submission of Online Application|
22nd Feb, 2022 (Tuesday)
|Online Examination Slot Booking|
13th to 19th March, 2022
2nd to 6th April, 2022
|Last date candidates to upload the GATE Score|
6th April, 2022
|Display of List of candidates short-listed for Interview on Online Application Portal|
21st April, 2022
28th April, 2022
|Availability based option on Online Application Portal to select Interview Slot for qualified candidates|
2nd to 10th May, 2022
24th May to 24th June, 2022
|Display of List of Candidates finally selected for OCES-2022 on Online Application Portal|
(to be announced)
|Last Date for Selected OCES-2022 Candidates desirous of DGFS to give details of M.Tech I M.Chem. Engg. admission in a DGFS institute|
(to be announced)
|Declaration of List of Applicants Selected for DGFS-2022 on Online Application Portal|
(to be announced)
BARC OCES DGFS 2021
|Commencement of Online Application Process for OCES/DGFS-2021||12th July, 2021|
|Last date for Registration for Online Application||14thAugust, 2021|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application||16thAugust, 2021|
|Online Examination Slot Booking||06th – 15th September, 2021|
|Online Examination||22nd – 27th September, 2021|