BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022 – Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) invites online application for Diploma in Radiological Physics (Dip.RP) – One year Post -M.Sc. Program for the Academic Year 2022.
Check full details on BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022 here.
Latest – Result for Diploma in Radiological Physics 2022 is available now (Check Below)
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Program
- Radiological Physics and Advisory Division (RP&AD) of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is conducting the Diploma in Radiological Physics (DipRP) course since 1962.
- This is a post-M.Sc. programme and the duration is one year.
- Fifty-eight (58) courses have been conducted successfully (academic year 2019 – 2020) and fifty-ninth (59) batch (2021-22) is under way.
- Initially, the course was affiliated to University of Bombay/Mumbai and since 2007, this course is conducted under the aegis of Homi Bhabha National Institute (a deemed to be University), Mumbai.
- The 60th DipRP course is scheduled to commence from the first week of August 2022.
- 30 (25 non-sponsored candidates + 5 sponsored candidates from Govt. Institutions)
- The course contains radiation physics, applied mathematics, principles of radiation detection and measurement, radiation dosimetry and standardization, radiation biology, applications of ionizing radiation and radioisotopes in medicine, industry, agriculture and research, physics of radiotherapy and medical imaging; transport of radioactive materials, radiation safety and regulatory aspects, radiation hazard evaluation and control; radiation emergencies and its management.
- The course also contains practical and field training relevant to the practice of medical physicists and radiological safety officers.
- The total duration of the field training is ten weeks [six weeks at BARC, two weeks each at Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH) and Radiation Medicine Centre (RMC), Mumbai].
- The medium of instruction is English.
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022 Important Dates
|Facility for online application will be available from||29 April to 20 May 2022|
|Admit Card will be generated on or before||12 June 2022|
|Date of Written Test||26 June 2022 (Sunday) at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai|
|Date of Result of Written Test||will be declared on the same day at the venue of the test by 17.00 hrs|
|Selection Interview||27 to 29 June 2022|
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility for admission to the Dip.RP course is M.Sc. (Physics) with not less than 60% marks in aggregate through full time program
- In addition, the candidate should possess the B.Sc. (physics as a main subject) Degree with not less than 60% marks in aggregate.
- Candidates with integrated M.Sc. (Physics) with not less than 60% marks in aggregate through a full time program are also eligible.
- In case of grade system, grade to percentage of marks conversion scheme obtained from the University should be presented at the time of document verification / interview.
- The sponsored candidates should have at least one-year working experience in a Radiotherapy Department of Government Institution in India.
- The working experience will be counted from the date of enrolment in personal monitoring service. A certificate/declaration in this matter should be furnished at the time of interview.
- The sponsored candidate should also submit a documentary evidence of availing personal monitoring service from BARC/accredited laboratories.
- Those who are awaiting final results /appearing in M.Sc. (Physics) Degree may also apply. However, such candidates should have scored marks not less than 60% aggregate until 2 the previous year.
- If awaiting final results/ appearing candidates are selected for admission to Dip.RP course, they should submit their M.Sc. Degree and mark sheet by 30th October 2022 failing which their candidature will be terminated. In case the appearing candidates admitted to the course do not secure 60% marks in aggregate in the M.Sc. (Physics) examination, their candidature will be terminated.
- Please note: In case M.Sc. candidates are awaiting final results/appearing, correct option of “Pursuing M.Sc.” should be selected from the ‘Name of Examination’ Drop-down box with duration mentioned as “1” year. Those who have completed M.Sc. may select “M.Sc.” from the ‘Name of Examination’ Drop-down box with duration mentioned as “2” years. In the same line candidate should select appropriate option of Integrated M.Sc / pursuing integrated M.Sc with duration as applicable.
The upper age limit as on 1st August 2022:
- General Category – 26 years
- OBC – 29 years
- SC/ST – 31 years
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep 1984) – 31 years
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu and Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) – 31 years
- Physically challenged candidates – Age relaxation by up to 10 years
- Sponsored candidates of all categories the upper age limit as on 01st August 2022 is 40 years
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Application Procedure
- Applications will be accepted online only. Facility for online application will be available from 29/04/2022 to 20/05/2022.
- At the time of Online application, Only Sponsored Candidates should specifically indicate Sponsorship details such as Name of Institution sponsoring the candidate with address in the column titled “Other Information”.
- Interested candidates should submit their online applications with a non-refundable application processing fee of ₹500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) through online payment only.
- The SC/ST applicants, Dependents of Defense Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA), women candidates and physically challenged candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Selection of non-sponsored candidates is based on Written Test followed by an interview.
- Please note that the written test is meant for screening the candidates only and the final selection to the course is solely based on performance in the interview.
Written Test for Screening
- The written test will be held at 11:00 hrs. on 26/06/2022 (Sunday) at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094.
- Admit Card will be generated on or before 12/06/2022, Candidates are required to print Admit Card using their own login details.
- The candidates will not be permitted to appear without admit card in the written test.
- The result of written test will be declared on the same day at the venue of the test by 17.00 hrs. The written test (1.5 hours duration) will be based on Multiple Choice Questions with negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Candidates short listed through written test will be interviewed for selection during 27/06/2022 (Monday) to 29/06/2022 (Wednesday) commencing from 10:00 hrs. onwards at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai – 400 094.
- Selection of Sponsored Candidates is through interview only and hence eligible sponsored candidates will be called for the interview.
- The selected candidates will be admitted to the course only after they are declared medically fit by the BARC hospital, Mumbai.
Travelling allowance (TA) and stay
- The candidates called for the written test are eligible for TA (round trip sleeper class railway fare).
- Round trip defines travel from his/her place of residence to Mumbai and back by the shortest route.
- The candidates need to produce the original railway tickets while claiming TA. However, sponsored candidates and the candidates from Mumbai and its suburban regions are not eligible for TA.
- The candidates are required to make their own arrangements for stay in Mumbai at least for three days, as the candidates screened through written test will be interviewed on the subsequent days of the written test.
- On admission to the course, each non-sponsored candidate is eligible to receive a stipend of ₹25,000/- (Rupees twenty-five thousand only) per month for a period of one year.
- The sponsored candidates are not eligible for the stipend.
- All the candidates admitted to the Course will be provided hostel accommodation at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai for one year.
- The charges as applicable towards this accommodation should be borne by the candidates.
- The current accommodation charge is about ₹634/- per month for Non-sponsored candidates and ₹50/- per day for Sponsored candidates, which is subject to change.
- The candidates should pay an admission fee of ₹6,000/- (Rupees Six thousand only) at the time of admission. The fee should be paid through ECS to Accounts Officer, HBNI, Mumbai.
- Non-sponsored candidates are required to execute a bond at the time of admission for continuing in the DipRP course for the full one-year period.
- In case, the candidate desires to discontinue the course, he/she needs to refund the entire amount of the stipend received along with interest, as applicable.
Award of Certificate and Employment Opportunities
- On successful completion of the DipRP Course, the candidates will be awarded Post M. Sc. Diploma in Radiological Physics by HBNI. However, as per the requirement of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) to qualify as Medical Physicist to serve in radiotherapy centres, the candidates are required to complete one-year medical physics internship at AERB recognised radiotherapy centre on successful completion of the DipRP Course.
- Please note that BARC does not provide stipend during the one-year internship. However, radiotherapy centres that offer internship programme may provide the stipend to the candidate.
- On successful completion of the internship programme, the candidates are eligible to participate in the Radiological Safety Officer-Medical (RSO-Medical) Certification Examination, which is conducted by RP&AD, BARC.
- On successful completion of the RSO (Medical) certification examination, the candidates are eligible to be nominated as RSO (Medical) in medical institutions subject to the approval by the AERB. RSO (Industrial) certification examination is also conducted by RP&AD, BARC along with RSO (Medical) Certification Examination for the DipRP (BARC) candidates.
- The requirement of Medical Physicists in India is increasing due to increase in the number of Radiotherapy Centres to cater to the growing need of cancer patients. Almost all the candidates find employment opportunities with good emoluments on successful completion of DipRP course and medical physics internship.
- The RSO (Medical)/ RSO(Industrial) certified candidates have extra advantage of working as radiological safety officers in the medical/ industrial institutions.
- There is a scope for the deserving candidates to get internship at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai for a period of one year. TMH, Mumbai is one of the leading cancer centres in the Country with ultra-modern radiotherapy facilities. The internship at TMH provides value addition towards the employment opportunities in India and abroad.
- In addition, there is a scope for the first few rank holders of the DipRP course to be recruited in the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)/ Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) establishments as Scientific Officer in the grade of SO/C. This recruitment is subject to the availability of vacancies in DAE/AERB establishments.
List of Candidates for Written Test for BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022
List of Non-Sponsored/Sponsored Screened-In Candidates for The Written Test For Diploma In Radiological Physics –
BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022 Results
Admit Card for Written Test for BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022
Admit Card for Written Test for BARC Diploma in Radiological Physics Admission 2022 –