ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital offers Junior Fellowship program leading to PhD jointly coordinated by ARIES, Nainital and IIT, Roorkee (Physics Department). .
Check more details on ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022 below here.
Latest – List of selected candidates is available now
About ARIES Nainital
Located on the lap of the lower Himalayas, near the beautiful hill town of Nainital, Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES) is an autonomous research institute funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
Astronomy & Astrophysics division of ARIES is engaged in cutting edge research in the fields of Solar Physics, Stellar physics, Interstellar Matter, Transients like Supernova and GRBs, AGN, Galaxy Morphology, Relativistic Astrophysics etc.
The Atmospheric division specializes in atmospheric chemistry, trace gases, boundary layer meteorology, atmospheric dynamics, aerosols etc.
ARIES Nainital PhD Program Details
ARIES extends opportunity to all M. Sc. qualified students to pursue an exciting research career as a PhD student in Astronomy & Astrophysics and Atmospheric Sciences.
Every year, students with M.Sc Physics are invited to apply for Junior Research Fellowship programme of ARIES leading to PhD.
Students admitted to the PhD programme are initially offered a Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The JRF joins the PhD programme after successful completion of the course work. On completion of two years as a Junior Research Fellow, a student is offered a Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) after a rigorous assessment.
The total tenure of the fellowship may not ordinarily exceed five years, inclusive of the course work. Once a student submits the thesis within five years, an enhanced fellowship amount may be given for a further period of one year.
PhD Admissions in ARIES, 2022 to be coordinated jointly by ARIES, Nainital and IIT, Roorkee
Students with M.Sc Physics are invited to apply for Junior Fellowship programme of ARIES leading to PhD. This years PhD programme will be jointly coordinated by ARIES, Nainital and IIT, Roorkee (Physics Department).
Eligibility Criteria for ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022
- M. Sc. Physics with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC and 50% for SC/ST. Post graduation degree should be from an UGC recognized college/University.
- The candidate should have passed M. Sc. on or after 2020. Students who are appearing in M. Sc. final year exam can appear before the interview, but, if selected have to furnish the proof of M. Sc. qualification at the time of joining.
- Applicants should have CSIR/UGC-NET (JRF/LS) qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2020/2021) -OR- GATE – 2021/GATE -2022 qualified in Physics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences – OR- JEST qualified in Physics/Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Science (2022) -OR- having INSPIRE fellowship.
- All the applications will be further screened by taking into account marks/ranks in GATE/JEST/CSIR,UGC-NET and M.Sc. and other guidelines decided by ARIES. Fulfilling minimum qualification does not guarantee a call for the interview.
- Candidates with external fellowships (CSIR-JRF, DST Inspire) may be given preference.
28 years as on July 1, 2022 (date of birth on or after July 1, 1994). Upper age limit for reserved categories may be relaxed as per the UGC rules.
Rs 31000/- per month (JRF)
Rs 35000/- per month (SRF)
Important Dates for ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022
|Online Application Opening Date||08 April, 2022|
|Online Application Closing Date||29 April, 2022 (1200 Hrs)|
|Declaration of the list of screened applicants||08 May 2022|
|Date of interview (tentatively)||End of May or beginning of June, 2022|
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022 Application Process
Interested candidates have to apply online on website of ARIES.
Before filling this application form read the instructions carefully.
Please note down Application ID carefully.
After submission take print of your application for your future reference.
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022 Selection Process
List of Shortlisted candidates will be announced on ARIES website.
Selection to this program will be through an interview during the end of May or beginning of June, 2022 tentatively. The mode of the interview (either online or offline) will be decided later depending on the COVID19 situation.
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2022 Results
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2021
Important Dates for ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2021
|Online Application Opening Date||11/06/2021|
|Online Application Closing Date||30/06/2021|
|List of candidates called for Online interview||06/07/2021|
|Last date to confirm Online interview||09/07/2021|
|Online Interview Dates||Mid of July, 2021|
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2021 Results
- You are requested to be present before the interview board through zoom at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled date and ime. Please make sure that you have proper internet connecivity, Pencil/Pen, Note book/Pad ready for your usages.
- Please keep one valid photo Idenity card (University ID, Adharcard, passport etc) along with you, interview board will take your snapshot along with your photo ID card. If you have done any MSC project, please prepare 2 slide of PPT presentaion on it, interview board may ask about it during the interview.
- Your Video on Zoom will be mandatory to ensure your Physical Presence. Zoom link will be provided on your e-mail.
ARIES Nainital PhD Admissions 2020
|Online Application Opening Date||15 May 2020|
|Revised Deadline for Application||19 June 2020|
|List of candidates called for Online interview||09 July 2020|
|Last date to confirm Online interview||24 July 2020|
|Online Interview Dates||27-31 July 2020|