ANSISS Patna PhD Admission 2023: A N Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna invites applications for PhD Admission for the Academic Year 2023-24 in various subjects.
Check full details on ANSISS Patna PhD Admission 2023 here.
About ANSISS Patna
A N Sinha Institute of Social Studies, Patna is one of the premier Institutes of Social Sciences. The Institute was established by Govt. of Bihar as an Autonomous organisation in 1964, recognized and supported by ICSSR, New Delhi.
ANSISS Patna PhD Programs
|Sociology and Social Anthropology
|Economics and Agricultural Economics
|Political Science and Public Administration
Course work and Registration
- Candidates successfully completing the Pre-Ph. D. Course Work in respective subject/Division will be eligible for Registration for PhD Programme through Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna.
- Candidates should have Post Graduate degree in Social Sciences or allied subjects from recognized University with 55% minimum marks (5% relaxation to the OBC, EBC, SC, ST candidates).
- Reservation Policy will be followed as per Govt. of Bihar rules (only domicile of Bihar will get benefits of reservation).
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form
|15th April 2023
|To be announced
- Application Form can be downloaded from our website www.ansiss.res.in
- Filled application form in all respects with the required enclosures (self attested along with a copy of ID Proof i.e. Aadhar Card, Voter ID, etc) will submit in hard copy only by postal mail, courier or by hand to the Registrar Office of the Institute on or before closing date i. e. 15.04.2023. No application will be accepted through email and in any other modes
- The applicant is required to enclose with his/her application, a research proposal in 1000 words.
- The proposal should state the scope and objectives of the research. Sources of information and the methods for collection and data analysis should be described clearly. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Written
- Test/Interview. The Institute reserves the rights to fill up the seats or otherwise.
- The selection for admission will be based on written test and interview.
- Merit list will be prepared on the basis Percentage of marks in Master’s Degree and weightage will be given accordingly adding to the 05 points got in PAT and marks obtained (out of 20) in interview.
Written Test and Viva/Interview
- All shortlisted candidates will have to go through a written test called PhD Admission Test (PAT) for 200 marks comprising two papers of 100 marks each.
- Paper-I will consist of multiple choice questions on GS, GK, teaching and research aptitudes
- The Paper-II will be a subjective type of subject concerned based on Masters level courses.
- The candidates have to appear in the written test in the subject they will apply in this Institute.
- The minimum qualifying marks will be as follows:
- For General Candidates 50% aggregate marks
- For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/EBC) candidate 45% aggregate marks
- Qualifying candidate will get 05 points and will be called for interview. Interview will be of 20 marks