VTU PhD Admission 2023: Vesveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum, Karnataka invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on VTU PhD Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
VTU PhD Programs
PhD Programs offered in –
- Faculty of Civil Engineering Sciences
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Sciences
- Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Sciences
- Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Applied Sciences
- Faculty of Architecture
- PhD Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- PhD Architecture
- PhD Automobile Engineering
- PhD Bio-Technology / Food Technology
- PhD Bio-Medical Engineering / Medical Electronics Engineering
- PhD Chemical Engineering
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering / Information Science and Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering
- PhD Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- PhD Environmental Engineering
- PhD Geology
- PhD Industrial Engineering and Management
- PhD Industrial and Production Engineering / Manufacturing Science and Engineering
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD Computer Applications
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Mechatronics Engineering
- PhD Mining Engineering
- PhD Nanotechnology
- PhD Physics
- PhD Polymer Science
- PhD Silk or Textile Technology
Faculty of Engineering:
- Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology or an equivalent Degree or M.S. (Research) Degree from VTU or any recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree.
- Foreign University Degree holders (UG&PG) need to submit an AIU equivalence Certificate.
Faculty of Management:
- Candidates must possess an MBA or an equivalent Degree from a recognized University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at the Master’s Degree.
Faculty of Applied Science:
- Candidates should hold an M.Sc. Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology, MCA, or a PG degree in allied disciplines recognized by the University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or the Master’s Degree.
- Specific qualification criteria are mentioned for candidates completing various Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs.
Faculty of Architecture:
- Applicants should possess a Master’s Degree in Architecture/allied specialization or an equivalent recognized by the University with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks at either the Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the respective discipline.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture recognized by the University and with 10 years of experience in teaching/research/professional practice in Architecture can also be eligible, subject to Admissions Committee approval.
Programme in Interdisciplinary Subject Areas:
- Candidates aspiring for a Ph.D. in interdisciplinary subject areas must hold a Master’s Degree in the appropriate branch/subject/discipline recognized by the University, with a minimum CGPA of 6.75 out of 10 or 60% aggregate marks.
- The Degree for interdisciplinary Research work will be awarded in the Faculty for which the Candidate has been permitted to register by the Admissions Committee.
Relaxation of Percentage of Marks for Admission:
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade is allowed for candidates from specific categories (SC/ST/OBC/Differently-Abled, EWS) as per UGC decisions.
- Candidates who completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade are eligible for Ph.D. admission.
VTU PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Opening date for receipt of filled in the application form||07-06-2023|
|Last date for receipt of filled in the application form||30-06-2023|
|Date of VTU-ETR||06-08-2023|
|Interviews||11 to 14-09-2023|
VTU PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
Admission to the Ph.D. programme shall be made using the following methods:
- University may admit students who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UGC NET/ UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National level tests based on an interview. And/or
- University shall admit students through an Entrance Test, called VTU-ETR, conducted at the level of the University. The Entrance Test syllabus shall consist of 50% of research methodology, and 50% shall be subject- specific.
- Students who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview.
- A relaxation of 5 % marks will be allowed in t he entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
- HEIs may decide the number of eligible students to be called for an interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
- Provided that for the selection of candidates based on the entrance test conducted by the University, a weightage of 70 % for the entrance test and 30 % for the performance in the interview/viva- voce shall be given.
VTU PhD Admission Results
Question Papers & Answer Key (Exam Conducted on 06 Aug 2023)
|Sl. No.||DEPARTMENT||QUESTION PAPER||ANSWER KEY|
|1||AEROSPACE/AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|3||AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|5||BIO-MEDICAL ENGINEERING /|
MEDICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
|6||CHEMICAL ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|8||CIVIL ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|9||COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING /|
INFORMATION SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
|10||ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING /|
|11||ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|12||ELECTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|13||ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|15||INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|16||INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING /|
MANUFACTURING SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
|18||MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|19||MASTER IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|20||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|21||MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|22||MINING ENGINEERING||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|25||POLYMER SCIENCE||QP||ANSWER KEY|
|26||SILK OR TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY||QP||ANSWER KEY|