Visva Bharati University PhD Admission 2023– Visva Bharati University, a Central University and an Institute of national Importance invites application for PhD Admissions 2023-24.
Check full details on Visva-Bharati University PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Visva Bharati University PhD Courses
PhD seats are available across the university’s eight Bhavanas/Vibhaga (Institutes).
- PhD Assamese,
- PhD French,
- PhD Russian,
- PhD Italian,
- PhD German,
- PhD Comparative Literature,
- PhD Arabic,
- PhD Persian,
- PhD Urdu,
- PhD Islamic Studies,
- PhD Bengali,
- PhD Chinese,
- PhD English,
- PhD Indo Tibetan,
- PhD Japanese,
- PhD Odia,
- PhD Sanskrit,
- PhD Hindi,
- PhD Tamil,
- PhD Santali,
- PhD Economics,
- PhD Geography,
- PhD Anthropology,
- PhD Journalism & Mass Communication,
- PhD Philosophy & Comparative Religion,
- PhD AIHCA,
- PhD History,
- PhD Women’s Studies,
- PhD Biotechnology,
- PhD Botany,
- PhD Chemistry,
- PhD Computer Science,
- PhD Environmental Science,
- PhD Integrated Science,
- PhD Mathematics,
- PhD Physics,
- PhD Statistics,
- PhD Zoology,
- PhD Music,
- PhD Dance,
- PhD Drama,
- PhD Fine Arts,
- PhD Rural Studies,
- PhD Social Work,
- PhD Agricultural Economics,
- PhD Agricultural Statistics,
- PhD Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry,
- PhD Agricultural Entomology,
- PhD Plant Pathology,
- PhD Agronomy,
- PhD Horticulture & Post-Harvest Technology,
- PhD Agricultural Extension,
- PhD Genetics & Plant Breeding,
- PhD Crop Physiology,
- PhD Animal Science,
- PhD Agricultural Engineering,
- PhD Physical Education and Sports Science,
- PhD Education,
Institutes and Tentative Seats
Bhasha-Bhavana (Institute of Languages, Literature & Culture)
|Centre for Modern European Languages,|
Literatures and Culture Studies (French-1, Russian-3, Italian-0, German-2)
|Dept. of Arabic, Persian, Urdu & Islamic Studies||8|
Vidya-Bhavana (Institute of Humanities and Social Sciences)
|Centre for Journalism & Mass Communication||7|
|Philosophy & Comparative Religion||1|
|Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology||13|
Siksha-Bhavana (Institute of Science)
Sangit-Bhavana (Institute of Music, Dance & Drama)
|Drama & Theatre||06|
Kala-Bhavana (Institute of Fine Arts)
|Design (Ceramic, Glass & Textile)||8|
|Department of Graphic Art (Printmaking)||1|
|Department of History of Art||4|
Palli-Samgathana Vibhaga (Institute of Rural Reconstruction)
|Department of Life Long Learning and Extension||–|
|Department of Rural Studies||3|
|Department of Social Work||4|
Palli-Siksha Bhavana (Institute of Agriculture)
|Department of Agricultural Economics (722)||2|
|Department of Agricultural Statistics (731)||1|
|Department of Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry (723)||8|
|Department of Agricultural Entomology (724)||3|
|Department of Plant Pathology (732)||3|
|Department of Agronomy (726)||11|
|Department of Horticulture & Post-Harvest Technology (729)||9|
|Department of Agricultural Extension (725)||3|
|Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding(727)||4|
|Department of Crop Physiology (733)||2|
|Department of Animal Science (721)||0|
|Department of Agricultural Engineering (728)||1|
Vinaya-Bhavana (Institute of Education)
|Department of Physical Education and Sports Science||07|
Eligibility Criteria for Visva-Bharati University PhD Admission 2023
- Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-abled and other categories of applicants as per the rules.
- Applicants who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade can apply for PhD.
In addition to the above, an applicant must also fulfil any one of the following conditions
- Qualified in any of the following examinations: UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship.
- Obtained an M. Phil. degree of Visva-Bharati or any other university recognized by the UGC that also follows the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for awards of M. Phil. and Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2016 and regulations of Visva-Bharati.
- An applicant whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and the viva-voce is pending, may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the University.
- Candidates who have not fulfilled any of the condition mentioned above will have to qualify in the Ph.D. Entrance Test to be conducted by the concerned Department of Visva-Bharati.
Visva Bharati University PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
New Notification Dates
|Availability of Online forms||18 Oct 2023|
|Last Date for submission of Online forms||31 Oct 2023|
Old Notification Dates
|Availability of Online forms||29 May 2023|
|Last Date for submission of Online forms||22 June 2023|
|Date of Admission Test||announced|
Visva Bharati University PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
Online application process for admission in Ph.D. courses of Visva-Bharati commences from 18th October (Wednesday), 2023 and will continue until of 31st October (Tuesday, 23:59hrs.), tentatively through its online form fill up portal: http://visvabharatiadmission.samarth.edu.in
Candidates who have already applied in accordance with the earlier notification against the prospectus 2023-24 need NOT apply again. However, they will be given an opportunity to update their academic credentials.
- All new applicants have to submit the form and make the necessary payments. Candidates have to ensure that information provided are correct and error free. No additional window will be opened for correction.
- Once the payment is done for new applicants, the form is considered submitted and no correction would be allowed further.
- Old applicants who have already registered may open their application and make necessary updates in the academic section. No correction is allowed in the Profile section.
- The old applicants, after making necessary updates (if any), have to submit the application through payment page. Since they have already paid earlier, there is no need to pay for the corrected application form. But they need to submit the form again visiting payment page.
- For those old applicants who do not make any correction/update in the application, their applications will be automatically submitted after the last date of submission.
- Old applicants willing to cancel their application form must click on the ‘WITHDRAW APPLICATION” button in their Samarth account before the last date of application. For this, they may have to submit the application first and click the ‘WITHDRAW APPLICATION” and then send an intimation of cancellation over email email@example.com . Cancellation request without executing “WITHDRAW APPLICATION” button will not be entertained.
- No refund will be made for application withdrawn after the last date of application.
|Category||For first subject||For each additional subject|
|For General, EWS & OBC candidates||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 400/-|
|For SC, ST & PWD candidates||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 150/|
The University shall admit applicants by a two stage process through:
- An Entrance Test which is to be qualified with qualifying marks of 50%.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45 % shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently-abled category in the entrance examination.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% will be subject specific.
- Venue of Examination: Respective Department / Centre of each Bhavana / Vibhaga (Institute) or as otherwise notified.
- An interview/viva-voce, which is mandatory for all applicants, to be organized by the department/centre when the applicants are required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before the Departmental Research Committee.
Visva Bharati University PhD Admission 2023 Results
Entrance Results & Interview Schedule
PhD Entrance Notices
|Admission Notification 2023-24 New||Click Here|
|Admission Notification 2023-24 Old||Click Here|
|Prospectus 2023-24||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Visva-Bharati University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel