VFSTR PhD Admission 2023-24 (Even Sem) – Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University) offers PhD admission in various disciplines..
Check full details on VFSTR PhD Admission 2023-24 (Even Sem) here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
VFSTR PhD Programs
Research programmes on full-time, part-time and external basis are offered under the three broad areas of Sciences, Engineering & Technology, and Management Studies.
The following Ph.D programmes are offered by the University.
- Engineering & Technology stream:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Applications
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Science stream:
- English Literature
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
VFSTR PhD Admission 2023-24 (Even Sem) Important Dates
|Opening date for receipt of the application form||to be announced|
|Last date for receipt of filled in the application form||to be announced|
|Date of Written test / interview||to be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for VFSTR PhD Admission 2023-24 (Even Sem)
- Engineering Streams:
- For Full Time scholar: First class both in B.Tech and M.Tech with scholarship.
- For Part Time scholar: As per UGC rules and subject to written test and interview of the candidate by VFSTR (we usually selected candidates with first class in M.Tech).
- The qualification required as per UGC rules for Ph .D admission is minimum 55% in post graduation relaxable 5% to SC / ST and OBC candidates.
- UGC prescribes only minimum eligibility / standard required to admit into Ph.D Programmes. However, subject to demand and response for any specific progamme(s), VFSTR can set higher benchmark while selecting the candidates.
- For engineering disciplines, candidates must have obtained PG degree or equivalent in any one of the relevant engineering specializations as recommended by the respective departments.
- For management studies
- candidates must have a Masters degree in business management or any Masters degree with relevant experience.
- For biotechnology, sciences and humanities
- candidates must have a relevant PG degree or equivalent degree as recommended by the respective departments.
- However, a candidate with an inter-disciplinary requisite qualification may be considered for admission with the approval of concerned department and RMC.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree; however, deserving / exceptional cases may be referred to RMC.
- For Full Time scholar: First class both in B.Pharmacy and M.Pharmacy or Pharm.D (We usually prefer GPAT qualified candidates).
- For Part Time scholar: As per UGC rules and subject to written test and interview of the candidate by VFSTR (We usually prefer GPAT qualified candidates).
- Selection into Ph.D programme is evaluated on the basis of the academic performance (% Marks in B.Tech / UG & M.Tech / PG) and the institution last attended for Bachelors’ and Masters’ degree (Maximum 20% and 30% marks respectively), previous experience (each year 1 mark up to max. 5% marks), publications (2marks/Journal paper & 1 marks for conference paper up to maximum 5 % marks), written test (15% marks) and interview (25%marks).
- Eligible candidates have to appear for a written test and interview.
- All the candidates are required to qualify in a written test conducted by Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University). Candidates, who have qualified in the GATE/CSIR/NET/CAT examination, are exempted from written test for Ph.D admission. However, they should appear for the interview.
- Candidates who are recommended for selection by the concerned department are to be approved by the Dean (R&D) and Chairman, URB respectively. The same approved selection list shall be sent to Dean (Admission) for further action.
- Candidates will be admitted in to the Ph.D program after payment of prescribed fees and completion of all the admission procedures.
- Admitted candidates will report to the concerned department; a committee appointed by HoD will allot Research Supervisor for each candidate on mutual consent.
VFSTR PhD Admission 2023-24 (Even Sem) Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through website www.vignan.ac.in
- Attach a DD of Rs.1000/- drawn in favour of VFSTR Application Account payable at Guntur, to the filled in application form and send it to the Dean – Admissions, Vignan’s Foundation for Science, Technology & Research (Deemed to be University), Vadlamudi-522 213, Guntur (dist.), A.P.
- Application Fee– Rs.1000/-
Zero Vigyan Alert
This is Private University. Please do proper research before taking admission.
|Notification||to be released|
Join Our Telegram Channel