Utkal University PhD Admission 2023-24 – Utkal University, Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission into PhD Programs for academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Utkal University PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Utkal University PhD Programs
- PhD History
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Public Administration
- PhD Physics
- PhD Personnel Management And Industrial Relation
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Analytical and Applied Economics
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Computer Science and Application
- PhD English
- PhD Geology
- PhD Geography
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Odia
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Pharmaceutical Science
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Bio Technology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Ancient Indian History Culture And Archiology
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Education
- PhD Fishery Science
- PhD Journalism and mass Communication
- PhD Life Science
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Polymer Science
- PhD Development Studies
- PhD Public Health
- PhD Social Work
Tentative PhD Vacancy for 2023-24
|Department/College||Subject||No. Of Vacancy|
|P.G.Dept. Of A&A Economic, U.U||A&A Economics||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Anthropology, U.U||Anthropology||07|
|P.G.Dept. Of Biotechnology, U.U||Biotechnology||12|
|Institute Of Life Science BBSR||Biotechnology||08|
|P.G.Dept. Of Botany, U.U||Botany||10|
|P.G.Dept. Of Chemistry, U.U||Chemistry||08|
|P.G.Dept. Of Comp.Sci & App, U.U||Computer Sci. and Application||09|
|Institute Of Mathematics||Computer Sci. and Application||01|
|P.G.Dept. Of English, U.U||English||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Geography, U.U||Geography||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Geology, U.U||Geology||08|
|P.G.Dept. Of History, U.U||History||06|
|Institute Of Mathematics||Mathematics||02|
|P.G.Dept. Of Odia, U.U||Odia||10|
|P.G.Dept. Of Philosophy, U.U||Philosophy||03|
|P.G.Dept. Of Physics, U.U||Physics||03|
|P.G.Dept. Of Political Science, U.U||Political Science||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Psychology, U.U||Psychology||11|
|P.G.Dept. Of Public Admin, U.U||Public Administration||06|
|P.G.Dept. Of Sanskrit, U.U||Sanskrit||02|
|P.G.Dept. Of Sociology, U.U||Sociology||04|
|P.G.Dept. Of Statistics, U.U||Statistics||04|
|P.G.Dept. Of Zoology, U.U||Zoology||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Botany, U.U||Environmental Science||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Botany, U.U||Micro Biology||05|
|P.G.Dept. Of Pharmacy, U.U||Pharmacy||06|
|Gopabandhu Ayurvedic Mahavidyalaya,Puri||Ayurveda||10|
Utkal University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Notification Date||19 Oct 2023|
|Start date of online registration||20 Oct 2023|
|Last date of submitting online application form||04 Nov 2023|
|Entrance Test Schedule Subject Wise||14 Nov 2023|
|Entrance Test for different Courses||1st and 2nd Dec 2023|
|Result of written test to be published||07 Dec 2023|
|Viva-voce test to be completed by||16 Dec 2023|
|Publication of Final Merit list||20 Dec 2023|
Utkal University PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Master degree holders having secured at least 55% of marks in the subject concerned of Utkal University or any other University recognized as equivalent by Utkal University are eligible to take admission into Ph.D. coursework provided they qualify through a written test followed by a viva-voce. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category shall be given a relaxation of 5% of marks at Masters Level (i.e., 50%).
- The candidates qualifying UGC-CSIR-NET/ GATE/ SLET/ DBT/ ICMR/ ICHR/ ICSSR/ INSPIRE Fellowship of DST/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship as will be approved by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time, are exempted from written test only. M.Phil / M.Tech/LL.M. Degree holders are also exempted from written test only provided they have been admitted to M.Phil / M.Tech/LL.M. Program through a written / interview test with project/dissertation work. Subjects in which marks are not awarded, equivalent grade point shall be taken as the qualifying grade/mark.
- Eligibility of scholars for Ph.D. Degree in Medicine and Dental discipline shall be determined as per norms laid down in the statutes of the University or guidelines of MCI
For detailed Eligibility Criteria refer to prospectus.
Utkal University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Application Forms are available on the Website of Utkal University.
- Read the instructions given there carefully before filling application form.
- The candidate has to fill up online application form for appearing the written test and viva-voce at www.utkaluniversity.nic.in and the hard copy of the same application along with necessary documents must be sent to the respective Head of the Department(s) / Principal or Director of the Nodal Centre either in person or post.
|Mode of Payment||Net Banking or Credit/Debit Card using SBI E-Pay|
Admission strictly on the basis of entrance test & Interview.
The candidates qualifying UGC-CSIR-NET/ GATE/ SLET/ DBT/ ICMR/ ICHR/ ICSSR/ INSPIRE Fellowship of DST/ Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship as will be approved by the Vice-Chancellor from time to time, are exempted from written test only. M.Phil / M.Tech/LL.M. Degree holders are also exempted from written test only provided they have been admitted to M.Phil / M.Tech/LL.M. Program through a written / interview test with project/dissertation work.
Entrance Exam & Interview
The question for the Written Test shall consist of two parts, each part carrying 70 Marks and each of 90 minutes (1½ hr) duration.
The paper-I of the question shall be purely multiple choice and objective-type, covering questions from Research Methodology, Quantitative Aptitude and Interpretation of Data.
The paper-II of the question shall be from the subject concerned.
The qualifying mark for Ph.D. Programme is each paper in the written test is 50%.
The venue, date and time of the written test will be printed in your hall ticket / admit card. The venue, date and time of the viva-voce will be intimated to the candidates by e-mail and SMS. The letter correspondence will be made regarding written test, viva-voce and selection of candidates by the concerned Department.
The candidates who qualify in the written test shall be called for a viva-voce which is of 30 marks.(20 V.V+ 10 CM).
The merit list shall be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidate in the viva-voce test only (i.e., out of 30 marks). (20 V.V+ 10 CM).
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Utkal University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel