University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 – Application are invited for University of Kerala PhD Entrance Examination for admission to full time/part-time PhD.
Check full details on University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
University of Kerala PhD Programs
Applied Sciences & Technology
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Environmental Sciences
- PhD Futures Studies
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Computational Linguistics
- PhD Nanoscience & Nanotechnology
- PhD Optoelectronics
- PhD Technology Management
- PhD Communication & Journalism
- PhD English
- PhD German
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Russian
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Education
Engineering & Technology
- PhD Chemical Engineering
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Computational Biology & Bioinformatics
- PhD Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- PhD Electronics & Communication Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Architecture
- PhD Industrial Engineering and Management
- PhD Music
- PhD Theatre Arts & Film Aesthetics for Education
- PhD Law
- PhD Management Studies
- PhD Tourism Management
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Aquatic Biology And Fisheries
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Demography & Population Studies
- PhD Geography
- PhD Geology
- PhD Home Science
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Physics
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Archaeology
- PhD Economics
- PhD History
- PhD Islamic History
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Public Administration
- PhD Social Work
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Hindi
- PhD Linguistics
- PhD Malayalam
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Tamil
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates applying for Ph.D. Entrance Examination shall have a Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized as equivalent to the Masters degree of the University of Kerala in grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) based on the total marks of the qualifying degree.
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/SEBC/differently abled and other categories of candidates, as per the decisions of the University/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester/year of the Master’s Degree Examination and whose results are still awaited should upload the certificate in prescribed format duly signed by Principal/ Head of the department.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following candidates are exempted from entrance test –
- Candidates with UGC-NET/JRF, UGC-CSIR-NET/JRF, SLET recognized by UGC, GATE, ICAR-NET/JRF, KSCSTE, DST Women Scientist Scheme., awardees of ICMR-JRF, VSSC-JRF/ UGC-NFSC/ UGC-NFOBC/ NFPWD and research fellowships of Central and State Government Departments/agencies as approved by the University from time to time.
- M.Phil. /Ph.D. Degree and teacher fellowship holders. However, candidates who have qualified M.Phil. in subjects other than the subjects in which he/she seeks registration for Ph.D. would be required to qualify the Entrance Test.
- Candidates awarded with DBT-JRF in the subject Biotechnology.
- Candidates with DST-INSPIRE fellowship.( If rejected in the second level screening of INSPIRE ,the candidate shall be eligible for University Fellowship from the date of qualifying any other eligibility criteria prescribed by the University.)
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil programme with a minimum of grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent.
- Scientists working in approved Research Laboratories either owned or managed by the Central/State Government or an Autonomous research Institution of National Status with seven years experience in the Scientist Grade, having two research papers published in the recognized research journals of the concerned subject approved by the UGC.
- Teachers working in Government/Aided colleges who have seven or more years of teaching.
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Date of Publication of Notification||20/08/2023|
|Commencement of Submission of Application||21/08/2023|
|Last date of submission of Application||19/09/2023|
|Date of Issue of Hall ticket||06/10/2023|
|Date of Entrance Examination||21/10/2023|
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates are requested to visit official website of Research Portal of University of Kerala: www.research.keralauniversity.ac.in
- Click on the Login/Register.
- If not registered, choose register option and enter your name, mobile number and email number carefully. You may then click to register. An email with login credentials will be sent to the entered email id.
- If already registered, then login to the portal and complete the one-time profile asper guidelines mentioned in the portal.
- All relevant documents proving qualification and eligibility should be uploaded before submitting the profile.
- Please ensure that the details entered are correct before submission. Please note that details cannot be edited once submitted.
- Candidate can pay the registration fee only through the online payment facility by clicking on “Proceed to pay” button; no other mode of payment will be accepted. Please note that Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Candidates can apply only for the subjects mentioned in (4). While applying for the Entrance Test, the candidate can choose the subject from the list displayed in the portal as per University rules and regulations.
|For General/SEBC||Rs. 1075/-|
|For SC/ST||Rs. 550/-|
University of Kerala PhD Entrance 2023 Details
Scheme of Test
|Entrance Test Date||21 October 2023|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Sections||Part A- General Aptitude (50%)|
Part B- Subject Chosen (50%)
|Pass Requirement||50% Marks for Each Part ( 40% Marks for SC/ST)|
|Syllabus||PG Level of Chosen Subject|
University of Kerala PhD Entrance Previous Years Question Papers
University of Kerala PhD Admission 2023 Results
Kerala University PhD Admission 2023 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
Join Our Telegram Channel