University of Calicut PhD Admission 2023 – University of Calicut invites application for PhD programme (Full-time and Part-time) under the faculties of Science, Language & Literature, Fine Arts, Humanities, Commerce, Journalism and Education.
Check full details on University of Calicut PhD Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
University of Calicut PhD Programs
- PhD Aquaculture & Fishery Microbiology
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Comparative Literature
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Drama & Theatre Arts
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD English
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Geography
- PhD Geology
- PhD Hindi
- PhD History
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD Library & Information Science
- PhD Malayalam
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Music
- PhD Nanoscience & Technology
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Physics
- PhD Physiology
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Social Work
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Tamil
- PhD Zoology
For seats details read notification.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Calicut PhD Admission 2023
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Masters degree or a Professional degree recognized by the University of Calicut, with at least grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or at least 55% marks in aggregate in the mark system or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. The eligibility of the program shall be recommended by the Research Advisory Committee of the concerned Research Centre.
- A relaxation of 10% of marks, from 55% to 45%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed to candidates belonging to SC/ST category. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, will be allowed to those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the University/State Government from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of marks / grades to the categories as mentioned in Clause above, are permissible based only on the qualifying marks exclusive of the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates who have passed the M.Phil. Degree programme with a minimum of grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to Ph.D. Degree in the same institution. A relaxation of 10% of marks, from 55% to 45%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed to candidates belonging to SC/ST category. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed to those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as decided by the State Government /University from time to time.
- A candidate whose M.Phil. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme of the same institution.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates eligible for registration to Ph.D shall be decided by a two stage process – Entrance Test and Interview/Viva-Voce.
Qualifying Marks for entrance test
|General Category||50% marks|
|SC/ST Category||40% marks|
|OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled||45% marks|
- All candidates securing a minimum of 50% marks and, in the case of SC/ST categories of candidates a minimum of 40% marks and in the case of OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates a minimum of 45% marks, as the case may be, in the entrance test are qualified to apply for registration to Ph.D. Programme.
Exemption from Entrance Test
- Candidates who qualify UGC-JRF, UGC CSIR-JRF, research fellowships of central and state Government departments / agencies as approved by the University, as the case may be.
- Full time regular teachers of the University departments/ Govt. or Aided Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut and teachers with FDP/QIP or similar fellowships.
- Foreign Nationals who are otherwise eligible for admission.
- Full time fellows, who have been selected on the basis of a written test and interview, working in a research project under the investigation of a research guide of the University.
- M.Phil. Degree (successfully completed from any Statutory Recognized University in the relevant subjects) holders.
- Candidates who qualify UGC-NET, UGC CSIR-NET, SLET, GATE.
- The candidates mentioned in clauses 1 to 4 can apply for Ph.D. registration at any time during the academic year depending on the willingness/availability of guides. The candidates mentioned in clauses 5 and 6 can apply for Ph.D registration only at the time of Ph.D Notification and should be short listed to be eligible for Ph.D registration depending on the willingness/availability of the guides.
University of Calicut PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Registration||13 Oct 2023|
|Last date of Online Registration||26 Oct 2023|
|Date of Entrance Examination (tentative)||02 Dec 2023|
University of Calicut PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on University admission website admission.uoc.ac.in and access the PhD 2023 registration page.
- All candidates including entrance exempted candidates, shall register online for seeking admission to Ph.D programme 2023.
Steps for Online Registration
- Step 1 – CAP ID Creation
- Candidate applying for PhD 2023 shall initially create a CAP ID by providing the basic details using the “New User (Create CAP ID)” link.
- Step 2 – Registration Completion and Making Payment
- With the CAP ID and password login and fill the registration page by providing required data.
- After completing the form click on the “Finalize & Proceed to Payment ” button and make payment.
- Take printout of application form.
|General Category||Rs. 790/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 295/-|
University of Calicut PhD Entrance 2023 Details
Model Question Papers & Syllabus for Entrance Examination
|AQUACULTURE & FISHERY MICROBIOLOGY||Download|
|NANOSCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||Download|
Previous Years Question Papers
PhD Entrance Admit Card
CAP ID & Password (Security Key) is mandatory for downloading hall tickets for the entrance examinations. CAP ID & Password (Security Key) should be noted by the candidate for all future communications. Candidates can download hall tickets for the entrance examination from admission.uoc.ac.in, 3 days before the date of entrance examination.
Join Our Telegram Channel