University of Burdwan PhD Admission 2023-24: University of Burdwan, Purba Bardhaman, West Bengal offers PhD admission in various disciplines.
Check full details on University of Burdwan PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
University of Burdwan PhD Programs
Faculty Council of Arts, Law, etc.
- PhD Bengali
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD English
- PhD Hindi
- PhD History
- PhD Mass Communication
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD Business Administration (Human Resource)
- PhD Tourism Management
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Law
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Urdu
Faculty Council of Science
- PhD Geography
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Physics
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Physiology
University of Burdwan PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
For PhD Program
- Candidates holding the Master’s Degree of any UGC recognized university or a professional degree considered to be equivalent to the Master’s Degree of the University of Burdwan in the subject concerned or allied/relevant subject, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, may apply to the concerned Secretary of the Faculty Council for Post- graduate Studies concerned in the prescribed form for admission to the Ph.D. Programme in any of the subjects in which the Doctoral Degree may have been instituted.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/Differently Abled candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualification marks without including the grace mark procedures.
Minimum eligibility for applying State Funded Fellowship
- State Funded Fellowships will be awarded to the candidates purely on the basis of the merit and to be eligible for State Funded Fellowship the candidates with NET/SET qualification are to be admitted to the Ph.D. Programme of the University of Burdwan.
University of Burdwan PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start of application forms||to be announced|
|Last date for application forms||to be announced|
|Entrance/Interview||to be announced|
University of Burdwan PhD Admission Application Process
- Application Form will be available on website https://www.buruniv.ac.in/
- First of all make payment of application fee of Rs.250/- through following link: https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm AND proceed step by step.
- Step1 : Applicants are to select “Educational Institutions” under “Select Category”
- Step2 : Search ‘The University of Burdwan” in the page reached through the link and
- Step3 : Choose “APPLICATION FEES FOR PH.D ADMISSION” in the dropdown under payment category and make payment as per the instructions. Applicants are to keep a copy of the receipt of payment in either pdf or jpeg format for uploading in the designated field of online application form. Insertion of transaction id and uploading of receipt is mandatory in absence of which a form cannot be submitted.
After successful submission of Application Form, all applicants will receive a copy of the submitted form and a receipt of submission in their registered e-mail id. In case, they do not receive any mail, then they would be able to download form and receipt through either of the three links alternatively available in notification.
- Application Fee : INR 250/-
- Mode of Payment : Through Online mode
- For getting admission to the Ph. D. Programme, a candidate shall have to appear for entrance test and interview.
- Each candidate has to secure minimum qualifying marks of 50% in the Written Entrance Test to qualify for the final viva voce.
Written Entrance Test
- For getting admission to the Ph.D. Programme, a candidate shall have to appear for the written test of 100 marks, with 50 questions of 2 marks each in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) model on OMR sheet.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain the carbon copy of the OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall cover two sections, viz, Research Methodology and the specific subject with 25 questions each from the two sections.
Exemption from Written Entrance Test
- Candidates who have a full-time regular M.Phil. Degree with course work or have qualified in the UGC-NET (including JRF)/CSIR-NET (including JRF)/ SET/SLET/GATE or teacher fellowship shall be exempted from appearing at the Written Entrance Test for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
- Candidates after qualifying in the Written Entrance Test by securing minimum qualifying marks of 50 and all the exempted candidates will have to appear for Viva-voce of 30 marks to be conducted by the Doctoral Committee and the date of Interview will be notified later on in the university website (www.buruniv.ac.in).
- At the time of interview, the Doctoral Committee will objectively assess the research interest of the candidate in the relevant field/ area as well as his/her past academic records, and award marks as per the following guidelines:
- Academic Records: 20 Marks (UG-10 & PG-10)
- Viva–voce : 30 Marks
- Total : 50 Marks
- Candidates qualified through the Primary Phase Written Entrance Test by securing minimum qualifying marks of 50, will get a weightage of 70% for the Entrance Test and 30% for the performance in the Final Phase Viva-Voce in preparation of the final result.
- All in-service applicants (including those intending to prosecute Ph.D. as part time scholar shall have to apply through proper channel and they have to submit N.O.C. from their employer at the time of admission.
University of Burdwan PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Burdwan University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
Join Our Telegram Channel