University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24: University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh invites application for PhD admission in different disciplines through CRET 2023.
Check full details on University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
University of Allahabad PhD Programs
- PhD Agriculture Botany
- PhD Agriculture Chemistry
- PhD Ancient History Culture & Archaeology
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Atmospheric & Ocean Science
- PhD Behavioural & Cognitive Science
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Bioinformatics
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce and Business Administration
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Defence & Strategic Studies
- PhD Development Studies
- PhD Design and Innovation in Rural Technology
- PhD Earth & Planetary Sciences
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD Electronics & Communication
- PhD English
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Food & Nutrition / Extension Education / Human Development
- PhD Food Technology
- PhD Geography
- PhD Hindi
- PhD Law
- PhD Material Sciences
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Medieval & Modern History
- PhD Music and Performing Art
- PhD Painting
- PhD Persian
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Physics
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Textiles and Apparel Designing
- PhD Urdu
- PhD Theatre & Film
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Russian
- PhD French
- PhD German
- PhD Experimental Mineralogy and Petrology
- PhD Gandhi and Peace Studies
PhD Seats 2023-24
The CRET 2023 will be conducted for 51 subjects comprising 1148 seats, out of which 733 seats are in University Departments/Centres and 415 seats in Constituent Colleges of the University of Allahabad.
|3||Ancient History, Culture & Archaeology||68|
|6||Atmospheric & Ocean Sciences||2|
|7||Behavioural & Cognitive Sciences||8|
|13||Commerce & Business Administration||20|
|15||Defence & Strategic Studies||7|
|16||Design & Innovation in Rural Technology||6|
|18||Earth & Planetary Sciences (Geology/Geophysics)||11|
|21||Electronics & Communication||31|
|24||Experimental Mineralogy & Petrology||4|
|25||Food & Nutrition/ Extension Education/ Human Development||5|
|28||Gandhi and Peace Studies||4|
|35||Medieval & Modern History||12|
|36||Music & Performing Arts||23|
|37||Painting & Visual Arts||8|
|48||Textiles & Apparel Designing||0|
|49||Theatre & Film||2|
|Med. & Mod. History||02||–|
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 (CRET 2023) Eligibility Criteria
- A minimum score at the Post-graduate Examination of 55% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point under the seven point Letter Grade Scale), laid down by the UGC in the case of General / EWS candidates and 50% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point) in the case of OBC / SC / ST / PH candidates. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer.
For subject wise requirements read brochure.
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start date of Registration and Form Submission ONLINE||October 26, 2023|
|Last date of ONLINE Registration||November 24, 2023|
|Last date of Fee Deposition and Form Submission ONLINE||November 24, 2023|
|Downloading of Admit Cards (ONLINE ONLY)||a week before exam|
|Date of Entrance Test||December 30, 2023|
- CRET 2023 Application Form will be available on the official website
- All candidates should apply to the Chairperson, CRET-2023, through the ONLINE APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCESS from CRET Admission-2023 link of www.allduniv.ac.in.
- Regularly appointed teachers of the University of Allahabad (including Institutes, Independent Centres and Constituent Colleges of the University of Allahabad) desirous of admission to the Ph.D. Programme in their respective subjects, should apply Online for the Ph.D. Programme in the manner specified in the Ordinances of the University of Allahabad.
Steps for Completing the Application Procedure
- Step 1: Fill Registration Form.
- Step 2: Username and Password will be sent through SMS.
- Step 3: Fill the Application Form
- Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
- Step 5: Submission of Fees
- Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with payment Detail
|Unreserved /OBC /EWS||Rs.1800/-|
University of Allahabad CRET 2023 Exam Details
to be announced
CRET-2023 will be conducted in OFFLINE mode at Prayagraj only.
The CRET 2023 is divided into two Levels: Level–1 & Level–2.Syllabus is given in brochure.
- Level-I of CRET-2023 Test will consist of two papers.
- Paper I will have 50 objective type questions of 2 marks each. As per UGC Regulation, 50% of the questions would be from Research Methodology and 50% will be subject Specific i.e. 25 questions from Research Methodology and 25 question from subject specific. There shall not be any negative marking.
- Paper II will have subjective type questions with small, medium and large type answers.
- Total marks of both papers will be 300. Both papers will be held in a single meeting. The above information is also given in Table below –
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
- In Paper-II, all questions shall be from the subject opted/selected by the candidates. In this paper 3 questions are to be asked as per details shown in Table below –
|Question No.||Number of Parts||Marks of each part||Total marks|
|3||1 or 2 (Long)||40||40|
- The Level-2 Test shall entail an interview and may include Presentations, group discussions or other modes of appraisal and shall be administered by the Doctoral Programme Committee of the Department / Institute / Centre concerned
Minimum Qualifying Marks
There shall be category-wise minimum qualifying marks for level 1 Test, as given below.
|For General / EWS Category Candidates||50 % of 300= 150|
|For OBC, SC / ST / PH Category Candidates||45 % of 300= 135|
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Level-1 Test for admission to PhD
- Teacher Candidate: Teachers of the University or Constituent Colleges candidate for Ph.D. are exempted from Level -1 and be separately assessed at level 2 against a specified number of vacancies
- Officers of Armd Forces: Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers with not less than 15 years of service and holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, or equivalent rank in the Air Force/Navy, who are applying for Ph.D. in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies are exempted from Level-1 and be separately assessed at Level-2 against a specified number of vacancies.
- International Candidates: International Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme should contact the International Students Advisor of the University, who shall issue appropriate instructions to such of them who fulfill the qualifications for being considered for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
The NET/JRF candidates are required to appear in CRET Level-1 & Level-2 examinations.
CRET-2023 will be conducted in Offline mode only at Prayagraj.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Entrance & Interview.
- 70% of weightage will be given to the written examination and 30% to the Interview. The final merit shall be prepared by adding marks obtained by a candidate in CRET (Level 1 & 2 combined) and Academic Record of the applicant.
Note: The NET/JRF candidates are required to appear in CRET Level-1 and Level-2 examinations.
Note: The candidates applying under Teacher Candidate category (not teacher’s/employee’s ward) or under the Officers of Armed Forces category are also required to fill the application form.
University of Allahabad CRET 2023 Exam Admit Card
- The official authority releases the admit card for Allahabad University CRET 2023. Candidates can download their admit card by logging in with their registered id and password.
- It comprises of details like roll number, test center venue, and address and timings.
- No candidate is allowed into the test center premises without their admit card. It is also required at the time of the interview.
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be available as per schedule. Result will be updated here when available.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|University of Allahabad Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel