University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24: University of Allahabad, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh offers various PhD programs in different disciplines.
Check full details on University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
- CRET 2022 Result Declared for various departments (Check below in previous admissions)
Join Our Telegram Channel
University of Allahabad PhD Programs
- PhD Agriculture Botany
- PhD Agriculture Chemistry
- PhD Ancient History Culture & Archaeology
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Atmospheric & Ocean Science
- PhD Behavioural & Cognitive Science
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Bioinformatics
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce and Business Administration
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Defence & Strategic Studies
- PhD Development Studies
- PhD Design and Innovation in Rural Technology
- PhD Earth & Planetary Sciences
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD Electronics & Communication
- PhD English
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Food & Nutrition / Extension Education / Human Development
- PhD Food Technology
- PhD Geography
- PhD Hindi
- PhD Law
- PhD Material Sciences
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Medieval & Modern History
- PhD Music and Performing Art
- PhD Painting
- PhD Persian
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Physics
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Textiles and Apparel Designing
- PhD Urdu
- PhD Theatre & Film
- PhD Zoology
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 (CRET 2023) Eligibility Criteria
(Details are as per previous year notification)
- A minimum score at the Post-graduate Examination of 55% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point under the seven point Letter Grade Scale), laid down by the UGC in the case of General / EWS candidates and 50% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point) in the case of OBC / SC / ST / PH candidates. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer.
- A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of Unreserved applicants; or 49% marks (or the equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the case of EWS / OBC SC / ST / PwD applicants. For the purposes of this Criterion, the average percentage score of the applicants shall not be rounded-off to the next higher integer.
- There shall not be more than one 3rd Division (or equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) in the academic career before graduation.
- A candidate having 3rd Division (or equivalent Letter Grade/Grade Point) at the graduate and post-graduate examinations shall not be considered for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
- CRET 2023 Application Form will be available on the official website
- All candidates should apply to the Chairperson, CRET-2023, through the ONLINE APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION PROCESS from CRET Admission-2023 link of www.allduniv.ac.in.
- Regularly appointed teachers of the University of Allahabad (including Institutes, Independent Centres and Constituent Colleges of the University of Allahabad) desirous of admission to the Ph.D. Programme in their respective subjects, should apply Online for the Ph.D. Programme in the manner specified in the proviso to clause 1(c) of the Ordinance LVI (The Doctor of Philosophy Programme) of the Second and Revised Ordinances of the University of Allahabad.
Steps for Completing the Application Procedure
- Step 1: Fill Registration Form.
- Step 2: Username and Password will be sent through SMS.
- Step 3: Fill the Application Form
- Step 4: Upload your Photograph and Signature
- Step 5: Submission of Fees
- Step 6: Take a Print out of Filled Application Form with payment Detail
|Unreserved /OBC /EWS||Rs.1600/-|
University of Allahabad CRET 2023 Exam Details
(Details are as per previous year notification)
to be announced
The CRET 2023 is divided into two Levels: Level–1 & Level–2
- Level-I of CRET-2023 Test will consist of two papers.
- Paper I will have 50 objective type questions of 2 marks each. As per UGC Regulation, 50% of the questions would be from Research Methodology and 50% will be subject Specific i.e. 25 questions from Research Methodology and 25 question from subject specific. There shall not be any negative marking.
- Paper II will have subjective type questions with small, medium and large type answers.
- Total marks of both papers will be 300. Both papers will be held in a single meeting. The above information is also given in Table below –
|Paper||Marks||No. of Questions||Duration|
- In Paper-II, all questions shall be from the subject opted/selected by the candidates. In this paper 3 questions are to be asked as per details shown in Table below –
|Question No.||Number of Parts||Marks of each part||Total marks|
|3||1 or 2 (Long)||40||40|
- The Level-2 Test shall entail an interview and may include Presentations, group discussions or other modes of appraisal and shall be administered by the Doctoral Programme Committee of the Department / Institute / Centre concerned
Minimum Qualifying Marks
There shall be category-wise minimum qualifying marks for level 1 Test, as given below.
|For General / EWS Category Candidates||50 % of 300= 150|
|For OBC, SC / ST / PH Category Candidates||45 % of 300= 135|
The following categories of candidates shall be exempted from the Level-1 Test for admission to PhD
- Teacher Candidate: Teachers of the University or Constituent Colleges candidate for Ph.D. are exempted from Level -1 and be separately assessed at level 2 against a specified number of vacancies
- Officers of Armd Forces: Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers with not less than 15 years of service and holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, or equivalent rank in the Air Force/Navy, who are applying for Ph.D. in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies are exempted from Level-1 and be separately assessed at Level-2 against a specified number of vacancies.
- International Candidates: International Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme should contact the International Students Advisor of the University, who shall issue appropriate instructions to such of them who fulfill the qualifications for being considered for admission to the Ph.D. Programme.
The NET/JRF candidates are required to appear in CRET Level-1 & Level-2 examinations.
CRET-2023 will be conducted in Offline mode only at Prayagraj.
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start of application forms||to be announced|
|Last date for application forms||to be announced|
|Merit Lists||to be announced|
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Entrance & Interview.
University of Allahabad CRET 2023 Exam Admit Card
- The official authority releases the admit card for Allahabad University CRET 2023. Candidates can download their admit card by logging in with their registered id and password.
- It comprises of details like roll number, test center venue, and address and timings.
- No candidate is allowed into the test center premises without their admit card. It is also required at the time of the interview.
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
University of Allahabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be available as per schedule. Result will be updated here when available.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|University of Allahabad Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel