RCB Faridabad Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2024 – Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad offers PhD (Integrated) Degree Program MS-PhD in Biotechnology.
Check full details on RCB Faridabad Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2024 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About MS-PhD Program
- The MS-PhD Programme is offered to students with graduate degree in any discipline of Science, Engineering or Medicine.
- The programme in its first year (1st and 2nd semester) provides extensive learning opportunities in the broad field of life sciences and biotechnology through rigorous classroom teaching and hands-on laboratory experiments.
- In the second year, the student is mostly required to work in a research laboratory under the supervision of a research guide in an area of mutual scientific interest, and submits a Master’s dissertation at the end of the 4th semester.
- Based on the performance review of the student, he/she may be permitted to continue in the programme for pursuing the PhD thesis research in the same laboratory. At this stage, the student can also exercise his/her choice to exit the programme with a Master’s degree on satisfactory completion of the course and dissertation requirements.
Duration of the Programme
The duration of the MS-PhD Programme is a minimum of 5 years and a maximum of 7 years.
RCB Faridabad Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
- Expected date of registration for PhD (Integrated) Program in Biotechnology at RCB Faridabad is :- March-April 2024
Eligibility Criteria for RCB Faridabad Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2024
- Students with 60% aggregate marks (or an equivalent grade point average) in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Medicine are eligible to apply for admission. Students from the SC, ST, OBC (non-creamy layer), and PWD categories shall be given a relaxation of 5% aggregate marks. Students in the final year of their qualifying degree programme are also eligible to apply provided that they produce a proof of having secured the required marks in their undergraduate degree programme at the time of admission to the MS-PhD Programme.
- Eligible students are required to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test-Biotechnology (GAT-B). Shortlisted students based on their performance in the GAT-B, shall be invited for an interview and their subsequent selection to the MS-PhD Programme will be based on the performance in the interview. The interview is meant to assess the student for his/her aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.
- Up to 20 students, who meet the desired criteria for selection, may be admitted. There shall be reservation of seats as per the orders of the Government of India in this regard.
- Students with 60% aggregate marks (or an equivalent grade point average) in Bachelor’s degree in any branch of Science, Engineering, or Medicine are eligible to apply for admission. Students in the final year of their qualifying degree programme are also eligible provided they produce a proof of having secured the required marks in their undergraduate degree programme at the time of admission to the MS-PhD Programme.
- Eligible students are required to apply online for admission and fellowship to the programme. Shortlisted students shall be invited to appear for an online interview through video conferencing for their selection to the MS-PhD Programme. The interview is to assess the student for his/her aptitude and interest in a career in scientific research and development.
- Up to 5 students, who meet the desired criteria for selection, may be admitted. Admission of foreign students is subject to getting student visa from the Government of India for the duration of the programme and valid medical insurance.
RCB Faridabad Integrated MS-PhD Admission 2024 Application Process
- Eligible candidates may apply online for admission to the PhD (Integrated) Program in Biotechnology of the Regional Centre for Biotechnology.
- The application fee of Rs. 500 may be paid online. The SC, ST, PwD, EWS, and foreign candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
- The Indian and Foreign students admitted to the programme shall receive the RCB Ramachandran-DBT fellowship of Rs. 16000 per month for the first 2 years of the programme, after which an Indian student is required to qualify for the junior/senior research fellowships offered by CSIR, ICMR, DBT, or such other funding agencies.
- The performance of the foreign students, after completion of their MSc component of the programme, shall be evaluated by the Student Advisory Committee, and based on its positive recommendation the student shall be awarded the RCB -DBT International Doctoral Fellowship equivalent to the fellowship offered to an Indian student by other funding agencies as per the relevant DST guidelines. Currently, the amount is Rs. 31000 per month for Junior Research Fellowship and Rs. 35000 per month for the Senior Research Fellowship.
|Notification 2024||To be released|
|Notification (2023)||Click Here|
|Application Link||Click Here|
|RCB Faridabad Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel