Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023-24 – Ranchi University invites application form for PhD Entrance 2023 in various disciplines.
Check full details on Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Ranchi University PhD Programs
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Bengali
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Economics
- PhD English
- PhD Geography
- PhD Geology
- PhD Hindi
- PhD History
- PhD Home Science
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physics
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Tribal and Regional Languages
- PhD Urdu
- PhD Zoology
|Subject||Number of Seats|
|Tribal and Regional Languages||1|
Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form availability||14 Oct 2023 to 04 Nov 2023|
|Last date for submission of application form||07 Nov 2023 (4 PM)|
|Entrance Test Date||24 Dec 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023
- Passed Higher Secondary Education or equivalent examinations (10+2) in the relevant streams shall be eligible for admission to Undergraduate.
- Passed 10+2 examination in Science stream (PCM / PCB) with English from CBSE / HBSE or any other recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate.
- Those who have appeared for the final examination of qualifying degree and awaiting results can also apply.
Ranchi University PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Application form is available for download on University website http://www.ranchiuniversity.ac.in/
- Candidates are advised to check their eligibility criteria before applying for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms available on the official website
|Category||Entrance Fee+ Application Fee|
|Gen/OBC||Rs. 2500/- + Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST||Rs. 2000/- + Rs. 300/-|
Admission will be based on PhD Entrance Test and interview.
Ranchi University PhD Entrance Details
Expected Pattern based on Previous Exams
- The qualifying examination shall be of two hours duration carrying 100 marks.
- There will be 100 multiple choice objective type questions each carrying one mark. The questions shall be categorized into two groups i.e. Group A and Group B.
- Group A: Basic concept of Research Methodology, which shall have 20 questions and shall be common for all subjects.
- Group B: Understanding of the subject matter as per Post Graduation Syllabus of Ranchi University from compulsory papers of the subject concerned, which shall have 80 questions.
- The merit list will be prepared for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall be according to the roster for admission followed by Ranchi University. The minimum cut-off marks in the entrance test to qualify for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall be 50 for General and B.C. and 45 for S.C./S.T. candidates.