RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24: Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu invites application for PhD Admission 2023-24.
Check full details on RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
RGNIYD PhD Programs
|Programme||Campus||Full time / Part time|
|Applied Psychology||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Computer Science (AI & ML)||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Computer Science (Cyber Security)||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Computer Science (Data Science)||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Development Studies||Chandigarh||Full time|
|English||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Public Administration||Chandigarh||Full time / Part time|
|Social Work||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time / Part time|
|Sociology||Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu||Full time|
PhD Seat Matrix 2023-24
|1||Ph.D. Applied Psychology||1 (PWD)||0||1||1||0||3|
|2||Ph.D. Computer Science (AI & ML)||2 (1PWD)||0||1||1||0||4|
|3||Ph.D. Computer Science (Cyber Security)||2||0||1||0||1||4|
|4||Ph.D. Computer Science (Data Science)||1||1||1||1||0||4|
|5||Ph.D. Development Studies||2||1||1||0||0||4|
|7||Ph.D. Public Administration||2||1||1||1||1||6|
|8||Ph.D. Social Work||2||0||2||1||1||6|
Fellowship Details (Non-JRF)
For full-time scholars (Non-JRF scholars) monthly institute fellowship of Rs.13,000/- and contingency amount of Rs.24,000/-per annum will be provided for three years.
RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed PG / M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time.
Subject Wise Criteria
|Applied Psychology||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in Psychology, Applied Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Clinical Psychology, and other branches of Psychology|
|Computer Science (AI & ML), (Cyber Security), (Data Science)||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Applications, or allied subjects|
|Development Studies||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. or equivalent degree in Social Sciences|
|English||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in English or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline of English|
|Public Administration||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in Public Administration, Political Science, Development Administration, Local Governance, Public Policy, Public Policy and Governance, International Relations, Peace Studies, Defence and Strategic Studies, Law / Legal Studies, Women Studies / Gender Studies, Human Rights, Disaster Management, Environmental Management, Climate Change, Development Studies|
|Social Work||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in Social Work|
|Sociology||Master’s Degree / M.Phil. in Sociology and allied subjects like Anthropology, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social Work, History, Political Science, Philosophy, and Interdisciplinary Studies|
Ph.D. through Part-time Mode
- The candidates who are willing to do Part-time Ph.D. shall obtain a “No Objection Certificate” from the head of the institution / organization where the candidate is currently employed, clearly stating that:
- i. The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
- ii. His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- iii. If required, he/she will be relieved from the duty to complete the course work.
- The candidates are requested to upload the same at the time of application. If not available at the time of application, an undertaking may be uploaded at the time of application and it is mandatory to produce the same at the time of interview if called.
RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24 Selection Process
Selection will be based on PhD entrance test & Interview.
Ph.D. Entrance Test exempted candidates
- Candidates who have cleared UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and whose fellowship is valid in the academic year 2023-24 are exempted from Ph.D. entrance test.
- UGC JRF candidates are required to register themselves in the link provided below with application fee (non-refundable).
- UGC JRF candidates will be called directly for the interview and the candidates have to appear for the interview in person.
Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by RGNIYD & Admission Procedure:
- All other candidates who do not have UGC JRF must write Ph.D. entrance test conducted by RGNIYD on 24.09.2023.
- Students who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test conducted by RGNIYD are eligible to be called for the interview.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category and Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
- RGNIYD will decide the number of eligible students to be called for an interview based on the number of Ph.D. seats available.
- The selection of candidates will be based on the entrance test conducted by the RGNIYD, a weightage of 70% for the entrance test and 30% for the performance in the interview/viva- voce shall be given. Candidates may also be requested to submit the research proposal at the time of the interview.
- Entrance test will consist of 60 MCQ’s.
- 30 MCQs from Research Methodology [PG Level syllabus] and 30 MCQs from concerned subject [UGC NET syllabus].
- Duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
RGNIYD will conduct the Ph.D. entrance test in the following places:
- RGNIYD, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu
- RGNIYD, Regional Centre Chandigarh
- Gauhati University, Assam
Ph.D. interviews (in person) for the Department of Development Studies and Department of Public Administration will be held in Chandigarh.
For all other Departments the interview (in person) will be held in Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu.
RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Online Application Starts on||18.08.2023|
|Last Date of Application||11.09.2023|
|The lists of eligible candidates will be uploaded on||15.09.2023|
|Date of Entrance Test||24.09.2023|
RGNIYD PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- The online application link is https://rgniydadm.samarth.edu.in/
- The change of exam center for the Ph.D. entrance will not be entertained. While applying for Ph.D. programmes, the candidates shall be required to upload the scanned copy of their document/certificates.
- The candidates are requested to visit the website from time to time for any updates regarding the Ph.D. entrance test, Exam Centers and related information.
- Intimation on “Interview” indicating the date, time & venue will be communicated in the RGNIYD Website.
- Individual communication will not be entertained.
|For General / EWS and OBC||Rs.500/-|