PJTSAU PhD Admission 2023-24 – The Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (PJTSAU) Rajendranagar, Hyderabad invites application for PhD admission for the academic year 2023-24.
Check full details on PJTSAU PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
PJTSAU PhD Programs
- PhD Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Seed Science and Technology
- PhD Agricultural Engineering
- Soil & Water Conservation Engineering
- Farm Machinery & Power Engineering
- PhD Community Science (Formerly Home Science)
- Food & Nutrition
- Resource Management & Consumer Science (formerly Family Resource Management)
- Extension Education and Communication Management
Vacancy in 2023-24 Session
|Field of Study||Regular||EWS||In-service|
|Ph.D. (Agriculture)||32+1 PwD||3||10|
|Ph.D. (Community Science)||7||1||1|
|Ph.D. (Agril. Engineering )||3||–||–|
Details of seats available for admission in each major field of study are available in prospectus.
PJTSAU PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Master of Science or an equivalent degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Community Science as the case may be, in the concerned field of specialization (given in the table below) with at least 50% marks in the aggregate under traditional system of examination or an OGPA of 3.25 out of 4.00 point scale or OGPA of 7.50 or above in 10.00 point scale in Grade Point system from a State Agricultural University (SAU)/ Central Agricultural University (CAU) / institution/Degree accredited by ICAR.
- In the case of SC and ST candidates, a pass in the Degree of Master of Science in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering and Community Science as the case may be under traditional system or OGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 or 7.00 out of 10.00 under Grade Point system is sufficient.
- The basic degree of four (4) years duration from PJTSAU/or an institution accredited by ICAR is essential.
- The applicants including in-service candidates of PJTSAU/ICAR/SKLTSHU who appeared for ICAR AICE – JRF/SRF (Ph. D) 2023 are only eligible for admission into the Doctoral Degree Courses of PJTSAU.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit for admission into PhD courses shall be 40 years as on 31st December 2023.
For subject wise requirements refer prospectus.
PJTSAU PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Commencement of Submission of Online Application||09-11-2023 (10:00 AM)|
|Last Date of Payment for Registration Fee||22-11-2023 (5:00 PM)|
|Last Date for Submission of Filled Online Application||24-11-2023 (5:00 PM)|
|Dates for Correction(s) in Submitted Application||25-11-2023 to 26-11-2023 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)|
PJTSAU PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through official website https://www.pjtsau.edu.in & https://phd.pjtsau.ac.in/
- Read the prospectus before proceeding to apply online.
|For General Category||Rs.2000/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD Category||Rs.1000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through Online mode|
- The selection shall be based on the previous academic record at undergraduate / post graduate level and performance test conducted by ICAR through ICAR AICE – JRF/SRF (Ph.D) 2023 and the weightage would be in the ratio of –
- 10% : B.Sc. Marks
- 30% : M.Sc. Marks
- 60% : Entrance Marks
- The candidates who appeared for ICAR entrance test in a major subject group shall not be permitted to interchange to any other major subject group. These identified subject groups may be considered for admissions only.
- Based on the overall merit rank the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree/discipline at PJTSAU as per the choice of the candidate and the availability of seat at that merit rank through a process of offline counselling.
- In case of SC/ST candidates, there shall be no minimum qualifying marks to the extent of seats reserved for them.
Join Our Telegram Channel