Presidency University PhD Admission 2023-24 (August Cycle) – Presidency University Kolkata invites application for PhD Admission for 2023-24 (August Cycle).
The university invites Online Applications from UGC or UGC – CSIR NET / NET – LS or DBT-BET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) or ICMR-NET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) qualified candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Presidency University in various departments/school/institute for the session 2023-24 (August Cycle) commencing from August/ September 2023.
Related – Admissions in West Bengal
Join Our Telegram Channel
Presidency University PhD Programs 2023-24 (August Cycle)
Available PhD Programs and Seats
|Department/ School||Available Seats|
|Institute of Health Science (Newtown Campus)||25|
Presidency University PhD Admission 2023-24 (August Cycle) Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines.
- UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified. ICMR-NET, DBT-BET qualified candidates are also eligible to apply for Institute of Health Sciences (IHS) only.
- All applicants are required to upload a research proposal within 500 words. Applicants may be shortlisted based on the research proposals/area of availability of guide in the proposed research areas.
- All eligible candidates will have to appear at an interview / test (online/offline mode), conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committees of the University. In interview, the candidates will be expected to discuss their research interests.
- Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (preferably mentioning their areas of research interest(s) will be published and displayed by the University through the official website.
- Candidates selected for the Ph.D. Programme will be attached to the respective Department at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enroll on payment of a non-refundable fee, determined by the University.
Important Dates for Presidency University PhD Admission 2023-24 (August Cycle)
|Start date for applying online||18 July 2023|
|Last date for applying online||01 August 2023|
|Last date for online payment||01 August 2023 (till 5pm)|
|Last Date for receiving Hardcopy of the application||04 August 2023 (till 5pm)|
|Interview/test schedule||Will be communicated through email/ notice|
Presidency University PhD Admission 2023-24 (August Cycle) Application Process
- Candidates can apply online at https://www.presiuniv.ac.in
- Application number will be generated after completion of online application.
- Use the system generated application number to pay the non-refundable application fee of Rs-500/- (and applicable bank charges) in SBI Collect Portal.
- Applicants are required to pay application fee after submission of online form within stipulated date.
- After successful payment of Application fee, completed application form will be generated within 2-3 working days.
- Send/ drop the Application form along with all mark-sheets/grade-cards, certificates, Id Card (Preferably Aadhar Card), synopsis/Research Proposal and copy of the Payment Receipt to the following address:
- The Secretary, Faculty Councils, Presidency University, 86/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073
Join Our Telegram Channel