Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24 – Pondicherry University (Central University) invites application for PhD Admission for the academic year 2023-24 Based on PU Entrance Examinations – 2023.
Check full details on Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Pondicherry University PhD Programs
List of PhD subjects offered
- Adult & Continuing Education
- Applied Psychology
- Asian Christian Studies
- Banking Technology
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science
- Disaster Management
- Drama & Theatre Arts
- Earth Sciences
- Ecology & Environmental Sciences
- Electronic Media
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Environmental Technology
- European Studies
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Food Science and Technology
- Green Energy Technology
- International Business
- Library & Information Science
- Marine Biology
- Mass Communication
- Maritime Studies
- Nanoscience & Technology
- Physical Education & Sports
- Politics & International Studies, Political Science and Public Administration
- Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
- Social Work
- South Asian Studies
- Women’s Studies
- Southern Asia Studies
- Tourism Studies
|PhD Adult & Continuing Education||–|
|PhD Applied Psychology||–|
|PhD Asian Christian Studies||–|
|PhD Banking Technology||54|
|PhD Biochemistry & Molecular Biology||16|
|PhD Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Science||72|
|PhD Disaster Management||24|
|PhD Drama & Theatre Arts||04|
|PhD Earth Sciences||23|
|PhD Ecology & Environmental Sciences||12|
|PhD Electronic Media||12|
|PhD Mass Communication|
|PhD Electronics & Communication Engineering||08|
|PhD Environmental Technology||04|
|PhD European Studies||–|
|PhD Food Science and Nutrition/ PhD Food Science & Technology||10|
|PhD Green Energy Technology||34|
|PhD International Business||30|
|PhD Library & Information Science||–|
|PhD Marine Biology||08|
|PhD Maritime Studies||–|
|PhD Nanoscience & Technology||09|
|PhD Physical Education & Sports||28|
|PhD Politics & International Studies, PhD Political Science and Public Administration||–|
|PhD Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy||03|
|PhD Social Work||02|
|PhD South Asian Studies||04|
|PhD Women’s Studies||02|
|PhD Southern Asia Studies||–|
|PhD Tourism Studies||–|
For intake of Affiliated Colleges and Institutes refer to brochure.
Eligibility Criteria for Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2+3+2 pattern of education (or 10+2+5) and qualified for the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject and have qualifications as prescribed by the regulations for the subject concerned under all the Schools/ Departments/ Centres of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Commerce, Science, Education, Fine Arts and Languages and such other disciplines of Pondicherry University, or a degree accepted as equivalent by the University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Master’s degree in the Schools/ Faculty of Law, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Master of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine/Dentistry/Paramedical of this University or any other University, through regular full time study, recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Degree of Master of Science of three-year duration in the School/ Faculty of Medicine of this University or of any other university recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates of Indian origin or overseas students who have qualified for a Master’s degree of an accredited overseas university securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled categories.
For detailed eligibility criteria refer to information brochure.
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Online Registration starts on||8th June 2023|
|Last Date for Online Registration||29th June 2023|
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidate can fill Application form online through the University Website.
- Read instructions carefully before filling application form.
- Apply separately for each programme.
- Fill in all columns with complete and correct information after going through the Information Brochure. Incomplete/ false/ wrong information will entail rejection of application. Any claim based on wrong information, wrong course code, category (OBC/ SC/ ST/ EWS/ Gen), etc. will not be entertained at a later stage.
- After proper filling of the application form and payment of fee online, candidates can download their printable application from the University website by following the instructions therein.
- The admission to the Ph.D Programmes shall be made as per the following criteria:
- Entrance Exam – 70 %
- Personal Interview & Academic Record – 30 %
- Candidates who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test will be eligible to be called for interview.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS).
Pondicherry University PhD Entrance Exam Details
- The entrance examination will be of 2 hours duration.
- Syllabus Pattern for Entrance Examination
- Research Methodology – 50 %
- Subject Specific – 50 %
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Pondicherry University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel