PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) – Applications are invited by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh for PhD admission 2024 (Jan).
Check full details on PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Available PhD Disciplines
- Anaesthesia and Intensive Care
- Community Medicine & SPH
- Cytology & Gynecological
- Dermatology, Venereology, and Laprology
- Experimental Medicine & Biotechnology
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Radiotherapy and Clinical Oncology
- Radiodiagnosis & Imaging
- Renal Transplant Surgery
- Transfusion Medicine
- Surgical Gastroenterology
Vacancies 2024 (Jan)
Categories for Registration to PhD Programme
- Own Fellowship (with stipends from various funding agencies and they will exempted from appearing in the entrance exam)
- PGI Fellowship
- Research Scheme Employees (With Financial Support Under Any Project/Scheme Of PGIMER)
- PGI Fellowship and Research Scheme Employees(Both)
- In Service Candidates
- Deputed/Sponsored Candidates
Important Dates for PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2024 (Jan)
|Starting date for online application registration||October 28, 2023|
|Last Date for filling form & payment of Online Application||November 17, 2023|
|Date & Time of Online Exam (Computer Based Test – CBT)||December 10, 2023|
|Tentative Date & Time of Declaration of Result||December 20, 2023|
|Date & Time of Counseling (tentative)||December 28, 2023|
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for Ph.D programme for January 2024 session must have fulfill the following qualification(s) as on the last day of submission of online application form:
A Candidate seeking admission to the course of study leading to the award of a Degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following qualifications:
For Medical Sciences
- MBBS/MDS/Master of Physio-therapist with at least 55% marks in aggregate or MD/MS in the subject concerned or Diplomat of National Board of Examination. A “Failure” in the examination, “Compartment” or “Re-appear” in the examination will constitute an attempt.
- Only those Candidates having MBBS/ MS /MD/ MDS/Master of Physio-therapist degree from Medical Colleges recognized by the Medical Council of India are eligible to apply.
For Non-Medical/Life Sciences/Social Behavioral Sciences
- MSc/ Masters in Engineering/ MA or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in the subjects mentioned below from the institutes/colleges recognized by the UGC are eligible.
- For Non-Medical/Life Sciences
- A degree of Master of Sciences (MSc) or M.Sc. (Laboratory Technology) or Master in Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc.) or MSc (Speech & Hearing) in subjects allied to Medical Sciences such as Biochemistry, Biophysics, Anatomy, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Physiology, Human Biology, Biotechnology, Immunology, Life Sciences including Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Organic Chemistry, Anthropology & M.Sc (Human Genomics), ME/M.Tech.
- Social Behavioral Sciences
- The candidates with the following subjects are eligible for Social Behavioral Sciences, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, , Nursing, Nutrition and Child Development. OR
- M.Sc/ MA/ M.Phil in Health Promotion/Education, Health Management, Epidemiology, Environmental Health/Environmental Sciences and Public Applied Nutrition/Health Nutrition/ Food & Nutrition, Economics/Health Economics/Applied Economics, Public Health/Community Health and MPH. OR
- Post-graduation in Law i.e. LLM and its equivalent qualification.
- As regard to eligibility of the candidates having their own fellowship with stipends from various funding agencies, they shall be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam. Attested copy of the result/fellowship award letter must be attached.
- Candidates with the fellowship from a project (Either independent or in Extramural Project are NOT exempted from entrance examination (CBT).
For Sponsored Candidates
Candidates applying for admission as a sponsored/deputed candidate is required to furnish the following certificates/undertaking with his/her application from his/her employer for admission to the course.
- That the candidate concerned is an regular employee of the deputing/sponsoring authority and should have been working for at least three years.
- That after completion of course/training at PGI, Chandigarh, the candidate will be suitably employed by the deputing/sponsoring authority to work at least for five years in the specialty in which the training is received by the candidate at PGI, Chandigarh.
- That no financial implications in the form of emoluments/stipend etc. will devolve upon PGI, Chandigarh during the entire period of his/her course. Such payment will be the responsibility of the sponsoring authority.
Deputation/Sponsorship of any candidate by private hospitals, institutes or nursing homes will not be accepted. The sponsoring Institute should not nominate more than one candidate for a particular specialty. Sponsorship/deputation of candidates will be accepted only from the following:
- Central or State Government Departments/Institutions
- Autonomous Bodies of the Central or State Government
- Public sector colleges affiliated to universities and recognized by the MCI. In case of candidate deputed/sponsored by the Govt. Medical College affiliated to Universities and
- recognized by Medical Council of India, deputation/sponsorship certificate signed by the Principal of Medical College concerned only shall be accepted.
Deputed/Sponsored candidates are also required to appear in the selection test.
Deputed/sponsored candidates selected for admission to any course of the Institute are required to make their own arrangement for stay during the period of their studies.
For Foreign National
A candidate applying for admission as a Foreign National candidate is required to take the print out of the online application form and furnish the relevant certificates are required to route their application through the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi.
An advance copy must be submitted at PGIMER, Chandigarh before the last date of receipt of application, However applications of such candidates will be processed after receipt of the same through diplomatic channels. These candidates are also required to appear in the entrance examination along with other candidates.
A separate merit list of these candidates will be prepared within their own category. There will be another separate merit list for Bhutanese nationals, apart from the list for foreign national seats. Selection of candidates will be made on merit based on their performance in the entrance examination.
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Application Process
- Candidates has to apply online through the official website of PGIMER Chandigarh
- Read the Prospectus carefully before filling the online application form.
- The candidates carrying their own fellowship from various funding agencies and the In-service medical faculty of PGI will be exempted from the entrance tests and will appear for counselling directly. However, all the candidates are required to fill the online application form.
Application Processing and Examination Fees
|General/OBC Category||Rs. 1500/- Plus Transaction charges|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 1200/- Plus Transaction charges|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
- Rs. 31000/- P.M. (fixed) and additional thesis grant of Rs. 5000/- (one time) is admissible.
- Candidate will not be entitled to DA/CCA.
- Number of PGI fellowships for each session is limited to 6-7 only.
- The candidates will be eligible for the award of PGI fellowship on the basis of merit position obtained by them in the final selection of PhD programme.
- The admission to the Ph.D. Programme will be subject to the availability of PGI fellowship/research funds/Grants from recognized funding agencies.
- The admission will be finalized and offer to the candidate will be made only when evidence of the availability of research funds/grants/fellowship for the project is submitted by the selected candidate through the head of the department.
Part-I: Aptitude Test
- All questions in this part is compulsory with each questions carrying one marks.
- Total 40 marks.
- General Science
- Biostatistics & Research Methodology
- Mental Ability
Part-II: Stream Specific exam
- There will be 100 questions of various disciplines and the candidates have to attempt 40 of them.
- There will be negative marking to the extent of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
The In-service Medical faculty of PGIMER, Chandigarh and the candidates having their own fellowship with stipends from various funding agencies, shall be exempted from appearing in the
PGIMER Chandigarh PhD Entrance Test 2024 (Jan) Details
- Mode of Exam :- Online Mode (Computer Based Test)
- Duration of Exam :– 90 Minutes Part I & II
- Date of Exam :- December 10, 2023
- Number of Shifts :- 01 (One)
- Exam Centres :- Chandigarh (Tri City)and Delhi (NCR)
- Language of Paper :- English
- Type of Question :- Objective Type (MCQ)
- Marking Scheme :-
- Correct Answer: One Marks(+): 1
- Incorrect Answer :- Minus one-fourth(-): ¼
- Unanswered/Marked for Review :- 0
Merit List & Minimum Cut-Off Marks
Candidate scoring the below mentioned minimum marks in aptitude test and specialty specific theory test (combined) will be eligible to appear in counselling
|General/OBC/Spon/FN category||40 marks|
|SC/ST category||36 marks|
|Aptitude Test (40 Marks)||General Science, English, Biostatistics and Research Methodology and Mental Ability|
|Specialty theory Test (questions for the respective theory)||Stream Specific (Non Medical Sciences or; Social & Behavioral Sciences) exam there will be 100 questions of various disciplines and the candidates have to attempt 40 of them|
Join Our Telegram Channel