Periyar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) – Periyar University invites applications for Common Entrance Test for PhD Program offered in the Various disciplines for 2023 (Dec) Session.
Check more details on Periyar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Periyar University PhD Programs
Available PhD Admission Categories
Candidates can register under the following categories for the Ph.D. programme
- Full Time
- Part Time
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD History
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Energy Science
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Food Science and Nutrition
- PhD Geology
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Nutrition and Dietetics
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Physics
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sericulture
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Textile and Apparel Design
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Tamil
- PhD English
- PhD Management
- PhD Energy Technology
Candidates qualified UGC /CSIR – NET/SET/GATE/DST Inspire fellow qualified need not apply for Common Entrance Test.
Periyar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Important Dates
Periyar University PhD Entrance (CET) 2023 (Dec) Important Dates
|Last date for submission of on-line application||15 Dec 2023|
|Last date for submission of Hard Copy||18 Dec 2023|
|Date of Common Entrance Test||To be announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Periyar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec)
- For the purpose of admission to Ph.D. programme, a candidate should have obtained a master degree
- with 55% marks and 50% for SC/ST/OBC (non creamy layer)/differently-abled or equivalent grade (as prescribed by the UGC).
- and acquired Master’s Degree under 10+2+3+2/10+2+4+2 chronological pattern of programmes of study.
Periyar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Application Process
- Candidates can apply online only on the University Website www.periyaruniversity.ac.in.
- Read instructions carefully before filling application form.
- For applying online application, the applicants should have scanned image of their community certificate, PG consolidated (or) mark statements, passport size photograph and signature to upload the same in appropriate places.
|Category||Amount in Rs.|
|SC/ST (The community certificate should be uploaded)||500/-|
|Differently-Abled (The differently-abled certificate should be uploaded)||500/-|
- A Common Entrance Test will be conducted for all the PhD applicants (FT & PT candidates) aspiring to join the University Departments and approved affiliated colleges/ institutions.
- No PhD Programme offered through the distance education mode.
- The candidates who qualify UGC-NET / UGC-CSIR (NET) / SET / GATE / DST Inspire qualified are exempted from appearing written test but shall attend the interview conducted by the Department Research Committee.
Admission through the two stages
- An Entrance Test consists of both written test and oral interview. Written test will be conducted for 40 marks and oral interview for 10 marks. Candidates securing 50% altogether shall be declared eligible for admission. Those candidates scored at least 15 marks in the written test will be called for oral interview. Rank list may be prepared based on entrance test (50%) and P.G. marks (50%).
- An interview to be organized to discuss their research interest / area through a presentation before a duly constituted Department Research Committee to cheek the candidate’s competence for the proposed research.
Periyar University PhD Entrance 2023 (Dec) Admit Card
The applicants can download their hall ticket via online (CET portal).
For entrance examination, Candidates can download their hall ticket from the University website prior to 4 days of the CET.
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Periyar University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel