Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences PhD Admission 2023-24: Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), Hyderabad, Telangana invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Programs
- PhD Neurology
- PhD Medical Genetics
- PhD Pulmonary Medicine
- PhD Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Pathology
- PhD Emergency Medicine
- PhD Nephrology
- PhD Cardiology
- PhD Medical Oncology
- PhD Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care
- PhD General Medicine
- PhD Neurosurgery
- PhD Rheumatology
- PhD Surgical Gastroenterology
- PhD Surgical Oncology
- PhD Orthopedics
Applications are invited from eligible candidates of Telangana State-for Ph.D. Programme for the year 2023, in the following specialities:
|SUBJECTS||No. of Seats|
|Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics||02|
|Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care||06|
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
Undertaking a Ph.D. shall require either a Master’s degree or a 4-year Bachelor’s degree with Research A candidate seeking admission to the Ph.D. Programme at NIMS leading to the award of a degree of Doctor of Philosophy must possess at least one of the following eligibility criteria.
- Masters degree in Life Sciences from UGC recognized Institution/University with atleast 60% aggregate marks.
- Masters degree in any subject allied to medical sciences with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- Degree of Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) or equivalent degree recognized by the National Medical Commission(NMC) with a minimum aggregate of 55% (total marks secured in first, second and final MBBS/ BDS examination. Candidates should have a minimum of one year of research experience. The supportive documents for this from the concerned institutions must be provided.
- MD/MS qualification recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC) or DNB awarded by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS).
- M.Tech with Artificial Intelligence/ Data Science/ Machine learning/ Biotechnology.
- Candidates who have qualified the below listed National Entrance Tests leading to the award of a fellowship will be exempted from the screening test. However, they have to appear for the interview before the Selection Committee.
- Joint CSIR -UGC NET for JRF
- ICMR – JRF
- ICMR – SRF
- DBT – JRF
- DBT – SRF
- INSPIRE fellowship
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Notification Schedule Event||Date|
|Notification of the PhD program||10-08-2023|
|Availability of online application on the website||10-08-2023|
|Last date for submission of online application||25-08-2023|
|Download the Hall Tickets||01-09-2023|
|Date of entrance examination||09-09-2023|
|Display of Provisional Results||13-09-2023|
|Date of Interview||19th, 20th, 21st September 2023|
|Display of Interview Results||25-09-2023|
|Date of Admission||01-10-2023|
|Closure of Admissions||10-10-2023|
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
The Online Application Registration, Notification, and instructions to fill the application are available at NIMS website: www.nims.edu.in. from 11.00 AM of 10.08.2023 till 5.00 PM of 25.08.2023. 2.
Candidates are allowed to indicate a maximum of two preferred guides.
The list of available guides and their respective areas of interest can be found in prospectus.
Incomplete application forms are liable to be rejected, and the Application fee is non-refundable even if the application is summarily rejected.
Ph.D. is a full-time program. Candidates who are currently employed in the State of Telangana and Central Government, Central and State undertakings, Public Sector Corporations, Local Bodies, Universities, and other similar quasi-public Institutions must upload a No-Objection Certificate from their appointing authority. The candidate is required to submit the relieving order, along with original certificates, at the time of admission.
An amount of Rs.2000/- (Rupees Two Thousand only) towards the application fee should be remitted through a payment gateway provided using a credit card or a debit card issued by the nationalised banks in India or through Internet banking details of the gateway are available on the website.
- Candidates who meet the minimum requisite qualifications will be deemed eligible for the entrance exam. Only those secure a minimum of 50% in the entrance exam will be eligible to proceed to the interview stage.
- The screening entrance examination will be held at the venue, date, and time designated by the Institute, as mentioned in the Hall Ticket.
Screening Entrance Exam
- The entrance examination consists of 50 multiple choice questions carrying 50 marks to be answered in one-hour duration.
- Part A – General topics – 20 marks & Part B – Speciality based – 30 Marks.
- Part A is common for all candidates. In Part B, candidates are required to select three topics. These topics must be chosen from the subjects listed in the “Subjects to be tested” column of their first preference for a guide
Syllabus for screening entrance examination
Part ‘A’ – Contains the General Topics – 20 Marks
- General Aptitude
- Research Methodology
Part ‘B’- Topics are specific to the Area of Research – 30 Marks
- Human Anatomy
- Human Physiology
- Cell Biology and Molecular Biology
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
NIMS Hyderabad PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.