NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) – NIT Warangal invites application for PhD admission in the various Departments for the academic session Dec 2023.
Check full details on NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) below.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NIT Warangal PhD Programs
PhD Admission Categories
- Full-time (FT)
- Full-time student on Institute fellowship.
- Full-time Government/Semi-Government Fellowship awardees/QIP/FIP (UGC)/ CSIR/UGC/ DOE/DST/ DBT/NBHM/ INSPIRE, etc.
- Full-time project fellows/JRF/SRF appointed in R&D projects being carried out at NITW.
- Full-time Sponsored student from Industry/R&D organizations.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) fellowship awardees (Foreign students).
- Full-time Self-financing Programme (Sponsored by Industry).
- Full-time Self-finance (Rules of reservation are not applicable. Master’s degree is compulsory, whereas GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET/CAT is not mandatory).
- Part-time (PT)
- Permanent faculty and other permanent staff of NIT, Warangal.
- Permanent faculty of Private Academic Institutions with NIRF ranking below 200 at least once in last five years.
- Both permanent and contractual faculty from Educational Institutions fully funded by Government or Maintained by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Mode.
- Permanent Employees from Private Industries with R&D facilities having three years of experience in an industry of five years standing with membership in CII/ASSOCHEM or any other similar membership.
- Permanent employees working in Government R&D laboratories/ Government Organizations/ Government Industry/ PSUs/ State Undertakings.
The candidates selected for admission to Ph.D. program under part-time basis are not eligible to receive Institute fellowship.
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Communications Engineering
- PhD Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- PhD Chemical Engineering
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Physics
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Management
- PhD Humanities and Social Sciences
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Eligibility Criteria
- First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for OC/OBC/EWS category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ST/PWD category.
- Master’s/M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the appropriate branch of study. GATE is not mandatory for both full-time and part-time scholars. OR
- Bachelor’s in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
- *Refer to Department specific qualifications. Departments such as Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering also admit M.Sc. candidates. However, GATE/ NET qualification is mandatory for M.Sc. candidates.
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry)/ B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree.
- All candidates must have qualified in GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ INSPIRE/ NET (not a compulsion for part time scholars)
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of English.
- All candidates must have qualified in GATE/UGC/NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- All candidates must have qualified in CAT/GATE/UGC NET (not a compulsion for part time scholars).
For Department specific qualifications & specializations see Information Brochure.
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Important Dates
|Announcement of inviting Applications||November 14, 2023|
|Last date to receive applications||December 4, 2023|
|Announcement of shortlisted candidates for written test/interview||December 8, 2023|
|Written test/interview||December 18-20, 2023|
|Announcement of selected candidates||December 26, 2023|
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Application Process
- Candidate has to apply online at https://admissions.nitw.ac.in/.
- Read the instructions given there before filling application form.
- Fill the application form and submit the application fees.
Check list of documents to be uploaded along with the application.
- SSC/ Class X certificate in support of Date of Birth.
- Intermediate/ (10+2)/ Class XII certificate.
- Provisional certificate/ Degree certificates and Marks Memos of the qualifying Examinations.
- Caste certificate (in case of SC/ ST candidates).
- For GEN-EWS candidates, EWS certificate issued on or after April 1, 2023 as per the format given in the Annexure-I only is acceptable.
- For OBC-NCL candidates, OBC-NCL certificate issued on or after April 1, 2023 as per the format given in the Annexure-II only is acceptable along with undertaking.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer issued on or after May 15, 2023 only is acceptable (Annexure-III).
- Relieving certificate from the employer (at the time of admission).
- Photograph on application form.
- Grade/ Rank Card of GATE or UGC-NET or CAT or GMAT or CSIR (as applicable).
- Fee payment receipt with transaction number.
- Statement of Proposal (Research Proposal).
- Any other documents (List of publications, if any).
|For GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs.1600/-|
|For SC /ST /PWD Candidates||Rs.800/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through online Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking|
Selection will be based on Written Test and/or Interview.
NIT Warangal PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Results
Announcement of shortlisted candidates for written test/interview – 08 Dec 2023.
Join Our Telegram Channel