NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) – NIT Mizoram invites applications for PhD admission for academic session Jan-June 2024.
Check full details on NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) such as the important dates, eligibility criteria, application process and more from the page below.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NIT Mizoram PhD Programs
Applications are invited for admission in to the Ph.D. Program in the following Departments –
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Basic Science & Humanities & Social Sciences (BS & HSS)
- Center of Interdisciplinary Research (CIR)
PhD Admission Categories
- Regular: He/she receives assistantship from the Institute or fellowship from any recognized funding agency as per institute norms and other qualifications.
- Sponsored: He/She is sponsored by are cognized R&D Organization/Institute/Industry etc. for doing Research, but gets no fellowship from the Institute.
- Self-financed: He/She works full time for the Degree but gets no fellowship from the Institute.
- Project-Staff: He/ She gets fellowship from the Sponsored Project, works full time for the degree, and on completion of the project before the award of the degree, the category will be changed to Self-Financed.
- He/She in this category works without fellowship from the Institute and should be employed. If Permanent Employee, he/she should provide NOC from the Employer.
Important Dates for NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan)
|Last date for application||8th November, 2023 upto 5:00 PM|
|Test/Interview of the Shortlisted Candidates||13th to 18th November, 2023|
|Display of Final list of Selected Candidates||24th November, 2023|
|Online Payment of fees for selected students||1st to 5th December, 2023|
|Online Admission process of selected students||1st to 8th December, 2023|
|Registration for selected students||8th to 13th January, 2024|
|Start of Semester||15th January, 2024|
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Eligibility Criteria
PhD in Engineering
Master’s Degree in the area of Engineering/Technology (ME/MTech/MSc etc.) from a Recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60% of marks in the qualifying examinations. (GATE/NET not required)
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CGPA of 7.5 or 70% of marks and with a valid GATE score. The requirement of valid GATE score shall apply to only those who seek admission under Full-time Category.
3rd Year BTech students from NIT Mizoram on completion of their 3rd year (6th semester) with CGPA 8.0 and above are eligible for admission for PhD program in Regular Category. The candidates will be waived from the requirement of GATE/NET and will be provided Institute Fellowship as Full-time Regular Category students for 5 years for completion of PhD. Also a submission of a high level research proposal in the proposed research area is required in line with the research area of concerned Supervisor.
PhD in Science (Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry)
Master’s Degree in Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or 60 % of marks. (GATE/NET not required)
PhD in HSS (English / Economics)
Master’s degree in Economics/English from a recognized University/ Institute with a minimum CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale or 55 % marks in the qualifying examinations. (GATE/NET not required)
- For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 0.5 CGPA or 5% of marks.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice-versa shall not be allowed.
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Application Process
- Interested candidate satisfying the eligibility criteria may submit their online application at NIT Mizoram website.
- Read Advertisement and the Instructions carefully before filling the online application form given in the online portal.
- The required document is to be furnished along with the application by candidates applying under various categories.
- Form I: Sponsorship Letter (for the Sponsored Category).
- Form II: No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Institute (for Project Staff category).
- Form III: No Objection Certificate from the Employer (for Part-Time Category).
- Form V: No Objection Certificate (for NIT Mizoram Employee Part-Time Category).
- Hard copy of the filled-in application form complete in all respect to be produced at the time of Written-Test / Interview/ or as per the instruction of Institute’s Authority. If the candidate(s) fail to produce the original application form and supporting documents at the time of test, or if their claims are found to be incorrect on verification, their candidature shall be cancelled automatically.
|General and OBC Candidates||Rs.200/-|
|Women candidates||exempted from the payment of application fee|
|Mode of Payment||Online transfer|
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Written-Test / Interview/ or as per the instruction of Institute’s Authority.
- The number of candidate(s) to be selected will be decided afterward.
NIT Mizoram PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Results
Note: ERP login details will be sent in student’s registered email using which they can submit the required documents
Format of Documents to be uploaded in ERP by the newly admitted PhD students
Last date of payment of fees is 15.12.2023
Join Our Telegram Channel