NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 (Visvesvaraya PhD) – National Institute of Technology Delhi invites applications for PhD Admission 2023-24 Under Visvesvaraya PhD Fellowship Scheme.
Check full details on NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 (Visvesvaraya PhD) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NIT Delhi PhD Programs Under Visvesvaraya PhD Fellowship Scheme
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Engineering Programme 2023-24 session for four seats under Visvesvaraya Scheme supported by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India in the following areas:
- Computer Sciences and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Rs. 38,750/- per month in 1st & 2nd Year and Rs. 43,750/- per month in 3rd, 4th and 5th years of PhD. (support till PhD completion or 5 years whichever is earlier).
Research Contingency Grant Support
An amount of Rs. 1.20 Lakh per year/Full-Time PhD candidate as support for PhD candidate.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) or a Master’s degree by Research in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record. or
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (CSE/IT/ECE/EE) with a good academic record and valid GATE score in an eligible discipline. or
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of four-year Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with a good academic record in the relevant discipline provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8 (7.5 for OBC- NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10.0 point scale.
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Autumn Semester Important Dates
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||October 19, 2023|
|Display of List of Eligible Candidates||October 25, 2023|
|PhD Selection Process (Written Test, Presentation, Interview)||November 7-8, 2023|
|Notification of Selected Candidates||November 9, 2023|
|Deposition of Fee (Online)||November 28-29, 2023|
|Date of Admission/Registration||December 3, 2023|
NIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Autumn Semester Application Process
- Students have to fill up the online Google Form within stipulated time mentioned. Late submissions will not be entertained, under any circumstances.
- Link for the Online Form: https://forms.gle/d7wqfjATurkgooow8
- During filling up the online Google Form, candidates are advised to read up all the requisite details very carefully, correctly and upload all the relevant documents along with application form (available at the end of this advertisement) in PDF format. The same application form is available in doc format with the advertisement over the institute website also.
List of Enclosures (Minimum) to be attached along with application form (in a single PDF with application form) appropriately during Filling Up the Online Google Form:
- 1. Transaction ID for the application fee payment
- 2. Passport size photograph
- 3. Class X Examination Mark-sheet/ Certificate (May be upload for Date of Birth proof also)
- 4. Class XII Examination Mark-sheet/ Certificate
- 5. B.Tech/ B.E. Examination certificate indicating the detail marks
- 6. M.Tech Examination certificate indicating the detail marks
- 7. Valid Certificate in support of claim under reserved category (OBC-NCL/ EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD)
- 8. GATE/ JRF/ NET qualifying certificate
- 9. Synopsis (1-2 pages, maximum) on proposed area of research
|UR/ OBC/ EWS Candidates||Rs.1000/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD Candidates||Rs 500/-|
|Foreign Nationals||USD 50|
- The admission to PhD programme (Full-Time) in all department mentioned in this advertisement shall be made purely on the basis of the shortlisted candidates following by a written test shall be conducted by the Institute. Only those applicants who score marks above the cutoff of 40%, i.e. 24 marks out of 60 for UR & OBC candidates and 35% i.e. 21 out of 60 for SC/ST/PWD candidates in the screening test shall be eligible for presentation and interview process.
- The Pattern of Examination shall be as of GATE examination. The Written Test will be of MCQ Mode.
- The Institute Admission Committee shall recommend suitable candidates for admission based on its assessment of presentation and interview after qualifying written test.
- The admission shall be solely based upon performance of individuals during “presentation and interview” after qualifying written test and availability of the Supervisor(s) in the proposed area of research. The Institute reserves the right not to recommend any candidate for admission to PhD in the respective Department if the performance of the shortlisted candidates is not found satisfactory during “presentation and interview”. The decision of the Competent Authority shall be final.
- All the applied/ selected candidates will be governed by the current rules and regulations of the PhD Ordinance of the Institute.