NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Semester – Netaji Subhas University of Technology (NSUT) formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) invites applications for admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines for the academic year 2023-24 Odd Semester.
Check full details on NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Semester below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NSUT Delhi PhD Programs
PhD Admission Categories
- Research fellow with NSUT Teaching-cum-Research Fellow (TRF)/ University Research Fellow (URF)
- Research Scholars with a fellowship from other sponsoring agencies (CSIR/UGC/DST/ DBT/ICMR etc.)
- Research Scholars without any fellowship (Self-financing mode).
Available PhD Programs
- PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD Computer Science & Engineering
- PhD Information Technology
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Biological Sciences and Engineering
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Design
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Physics
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Management
- PhD Humanities and Social Sciences
Seat Matrix 2023-24 Odd semester
|Name of Departments||Maximum Seats including URF/ |
Self Sponsored/ Sponsored from other agency
|ECE (MAIN CAMPUS)||41|
|ECE (EAST CAMPUS)||32|
|CSE (MAIN CAMPUS)||37|
|CSE (EAST CAMPUS)||29|
|IT (MAIN CAMPUS)||11|
|ME (MAIN CAMPUS)||17|
|ME (WEST CAMPUS)||02|
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering (ICE)||60|
|Biological Sciences and Engineering (BSE)||06|
|CIVIL (WEST CAMPUS)||14|
|DESIGN (MAIN CAMPUS)||Nil|
|MATHS (MAIN & EAST|
|PHYSICS (MAIN & EAST|
|HUMANITIES AND SS|
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Semester Important Dates
|Online Application||28th Apr to 26th May 2023|
|Submission of NOC by the candidates||26th May 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card by CUMS||30th May 2023|
|PhD written test||11th June 2023|
|Display of list of eligible Ph.D. candidates||20th June 2023|
|PhD Interviews||26th to 30th June 2023|
|Declaration of list of selected candidates||06th July 2023|
|Classes begin for Odd Semester 2023||31st July 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Semester
- An applicant possessing Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Engineering/Technology/Management in the respective discipline with a first class/60% or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) in any one of the Degree shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University in Engineering/Technology/ Management streams.
- Sciences/Humanities/Social Sciences
- An applicant possessing a Master’s Degree in Sciences/Humanities/ Social Sciences in the respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 55% of marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University in Sciences/Humanities/Social Sciences streams.
- In case the equivalence between the percentage of marks and Cumulative Grade Point Average is not defined by the University from where the candidate has obtained the qualifying degree then the most recent University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education equivalence criteria shall be applicable.
- There shall be no age limit for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University.
- Refer to the information brochure for the details of eligibility with respect to Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Engineering/Technology/ Sciences/Management /Humanities/Social Sciences.
- In all the Ph.D. programmes of the University, reservation of seats with university fellowship for applicants in all the categories including SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently abled applicants/EWS shall be in accordance with the policies of Govt. of NCT of Delhi/University.
- SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled applicants may be permitted 5% marks relaxation in the eligibility requirement at Master’s level or Bachelor’s level.
- Any seat(s) remaining vacant in the above categories, shall be filled by the candidates from unreserved category
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Sem Application Process
Candidates have to apply online through the official website of NSUT.
Separate application forms should be filled for Ph.D. programs for each Department. Wrong information will lead to rejection of application/cancellation of admission.
Read all instructions given there before filling up online forms available on the official website.
|Application fee||Rs. 1000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online Through Debit card/Credit card/Net Banking.|
- The Research Scholars shall be admitted in a two-stage process – an Entrance Written Test and an Interview. The department-wise cut-off marks for the Entrance Written Test shall be dynamic, as described below.
- The candidates securing 50% or above of the average marks of the top 5 candidates shall be eligible to be called for the interview. There shall be a 5% relaxation (50% to 45%) for SC/ST/Differently-abled applicants.
- The Interview Committee shall examine whether the candidate possesses research aptitude and competence to carry out the research in the intended area. Candidates eligible for interview are required to make a powerpoint presentation of approximately 10 minutes in the area of their research interest.
- The weightage of the entrance test and the interview shall be 70% and 30%, respectively.
- The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of questions, with equal weightage, that test Research/ Analytical/Comprehension/ Quantitative Aptitude and the subject-specific domain. There shall be only one question paper for the entrance test for each Department.
- The candidates with research fellowship (from funding sources other than the University such as UGC/CSIR etc.) identified by the Board of Research Studies shall be exempted from the written test. However, they shall have to appear in the interview.
- GATE-qualified candidates admitted to the M.Tech. programme in engineering streams are permitted to enroll for the four year, M.Tech. + Ph.D., Dual degree programme of the University. These candidates shall be required to secure a minimum of 7.0 CGPA for the first year to be eligible for admission. Such candidates shall not be required to follow the regular Ph.D. admission procedure of the University. However, they may be issued an offer letter directly.
- These candidates shall receive their M.Tech. fellowship from AICTE for the first two years. From the third year onwards they shall be eligible for University Research Fellowship. Further, these Scholars shall also be required to qualify the Pre-Ph.D. courses as described in Clause 11.
- The Scholars opting for the dual degree programme shall be governed by University guidelines issued from time to time. j. Project staff under projects, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology/University Grants Commission/any Government agency, Industry or centres established from a grant-in-aid from Government or international agencies at the Netaji Subhas University of Technology to seek admission in the Ph.D program, subject to recommendations, may be given administrative clearance of the concerned Principal Investigator of the said project/centre and approval of the respective Chairman Board of Research Studies and Vice-Chancellor. The project staff under projects shall be required to fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down in Clause-5 of the regulations. and appear in both the entrance test and interview.
Syllabus For Entrance Test
The syllabus for the entrance test shall consist of 50% questions on Research Aptitude/Methodology which may include quantitative methods/computer applications, experimental techniques etc. and 50% subject specific questions.
Refer to information brochure about the concerned department for the syllabus of written test.
- The University offers a total of 150 University Research Fellowships (URF) for a duration of 3 years. The monthly University Research Fellowships (URF) fellowship amount is of Rs 32500/- (consolidated) Further the fellowship of URF may be enhanced to 36,000/- per month after 2 years subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down by Research Council and duly approved by the Senate.
- The fellowship duration shall generally be of three calendar years or till the thesis is submitted, whichever is earlier. Fellowship may be extended by a maximum of one year by the competent authority on the Board of Research Studies recommendation. Continuation of the fellowship is subject to satisfactory research performance as per the approved guidelines of the University issued from time to time and satisfactory academic performance in the discharge of responsibilities assigned to URF Scholar.
- The admission to the programme and award of fellowship are not linked. Admission to any programme does not guarantee the award of fellowship. Those who are not awarded fellowships can continue with the programme as self-financing Scholars.
- The fellowship may be released on a monthly basis from the date of provisional registration. However, the fellowship may be discontinued in case of a ‘Unsatisfactory’ progress recommendation by the Research Advisory Committee. The fellowship shall be resumed only after the scholar has secured ‘Satisfactory’ progress in the next assessment.
- In addition to the research work, all the University Research Fellows of the University shall have to undertake Teaching assignments/Practical classes/Tutorials to an extent of 6-8 hours per week and shall also be assigned other duties like checking of assignments, invigilation duties, etc. as prescribed from time to time.
NSUT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Odd Sem Results
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|NSUT Delhi Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel