NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023-24: National Institute of Siddha (NIS Chennai) invites application for PhD admission for 2023-24 session.
Check full details on NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About NIS Chennai
The National Institute of Siddha, a premier Institute offering UG, PG and Ph.D Programmes in the Siddha System of Medicine, is situated at Tambaram Sanatorium, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Constructed in 14.78 acres of land, this is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of Ayush, Government of India, which has started functioning on 30.09.2004.
It is the only National Institute, which caters to higher studies and research in the Siddha System.
This Institute is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai-32. It follows the syllabus and curriculum as approved by the National Commission for Indian Systems of Medicine (NCISM), New Delhi and the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai for the UG, PG and Ph.D programmes.
NIS Chennai PhD Program
This Institute has been recognized by the T.N Dr. M.G.R Medical University as a center to conduct Full Time & Part Time Ph.D programmes in Eight Departments.
The Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India has sanctioned 16 seats to this Institute in the following departments, to conduct Full-Time Ph. D programme:
- Kuzhandai Maruthuvam
- Noi Naadal
- Nanju Maruthuvam
- Pura Maruthuvam
- Varmam Maruthuvam
- SiddharYogam Maruthuvam
PhD Seats 2023-24
|8||Siddhar Yoga Maruthuvam||0||1||1||0||2|
The total duration of the Ph.D programme is three years. Under special circumstances, considering the importance of the work, Director, NIS, may extend the tenure of the Ph.D programme upon the recommendation of the Supervising Guide and also based on the rules and regulations of The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, in this regard from timeto time.
The Ph.D Scholars can also be terminated from the programme at any time if the work and the conduct of the candidates are found to be unsatisfactory by the Competent Authority.
The Ph.D candidates will be paid a stipend of Rs. 50315+DA for the First Year and Rs. 51990+DA for the Second year, which may be revised from time-to-time as per the orders received from the Ministry of AYUSH. The stipend period will commence from July 1st or January 1st every year, based on their joining session, subject to the condition that the stipend will be disbursed only after the candidate obtains confirmation of his/her provisional registration from The Tamil Nadu Dr M.G.R Medical University, Chennai. The stipend will be released on the basis of the attendance certified by the respective Supervising Guide and/or Biometric attendance.
As per the extant rules, no stipend is admissible after 2 years. Stipend / Salary will not be admissible for regular in-service Faculty Members / Medical Officers of Central / State Government organizations who join the Full Time Ph.D programme by availing study leave or scholarship/fellowship from other sources.
NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D programme should have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in Siddha, in the concerned subject under Indian Medicine Central Council Act,1970.
Age Limit – No age limits.
NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Downloading application form from the website||October 18, 2023|
|Last date for downloading the application form||November 17, 2023|
|Last date for receipt of the filled-in application||November 17, 2023|
|Date of written examination||December 15, 2023|
NIS Chennai PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- The Application for Ph.D Programme is to be downloaded from the NIS Website: www.nischennai.org.
- Filled in application form along with Demand draft of Rs.2,000/- (Rupees two thousand only) for OBC and UR, Rs.1500/- (Rupees one thousand five hundred only) for SC /ST as cost for application should be submitted by Registered post / Speed Post /in Person. Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of The Director, National Institute of Siddha payable at Chennai.
- Cost of the application form once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Inadequately filled / incomplete applications will be summarily rejected.
- Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of merit that will be ascertained through a Written Test and Personal Interview.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the Written Test would be 50% for UR and OBC candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- The Written Test will be followed by the Personal Interview by the duly constituted Selection Committee.
- The Selection Committee will consist of The Director, Dean, Supervising Guide and a Senior Faculty member in the concerned subject.
- If two candidates of the same category/specialty score equal marks in the Written Test, their dates of birth will be considered for preparing the final merit list. In case the dates of birth are similar then the total marks obtained in final year M.D (Siddha) examination will be considered for preparing the final merit list.
- The Question Paper will consist of 100 MCQ Questions from the following subjects:
- Concerned PG subjects : 70 marks
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics: 30 marks
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer. Negative marks will also be there. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer or if more than one answer has been selected. Zero marks will be given for unattended questions.