NIMHANS PhD Admission 2023-24 (Session 2) – National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore invites application for Admission to PhD Program offered in various disciplines under Session 2 of the Academic Year 2023-24.
Check full details on NIMHANS PHD Admission 2023-24 (Session 2) here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore is world-renowned as a centre for mental health, neurosciences and allied fields.
NIMHANS has been successful in implementing several technological innovations, on par with the advances elsewhere in the world.
The Institute continues to be the largest training centre for mental health and neuroscience professionals in the country. It is actively committed to imparting advanced technical knowledge to medical, para-medical and nursing professionals to promote skills and evolve employable manpower to meet the needs of the nation.
NIMHANS PhD Programs
Available Seats for Session-2 of 2023-24
|PhD Child & Adolescent Psychiatry||1|
|PhD Clinical Psychology||18|
|PhD Clinical Psychopharmacology and Toxicology||3|
|PhD Human Genetics||3|
|PhD Mental Health Education||2|
|PhD Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology||9|
|PhD Neurological Rehabilitation||2|
|PhD Psychiatric Social Work||16|
|PhD Psychiatry, PhD History of Psychiatry, PhD Mental Health Rehabilitation||24|
|PhD Speech Pathology & Audiology||5|
|PhD Integrative Medicine||4|
|PhD Psychosocial Support Disaster Management||2|
- PhD in Biophysics: MBBS OR M.Phil.Biophysics /Neuroscience OR Master’s Degree in Biochemistry/Biophysics / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology / All branches of Life Sciences /Microbiology/ Physics /Physiology/Pharmacology/Regenerative Medicine.
- PhD in Biostatistics: Master’s Degree in Agricultural Statistics/Applied Statistics/ Biostatistics / Health Statistics / Medical Statistics / Statistics OR M.Stat. (ISI) through regular courses.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychopharmacology and Neurotoxicology: Clinical Psychopharmacology Unit: MBBS OR DPM OR MD in Psychiatry / Psychological Medicine or DNB in Psychiatry or M.Pharm OR PharmD.
- Neurotoxicology Unit: M.Pharm OR PharmD or MD in Biochemistry / Microbiology / M.Phil. / 2 years M.Sc. in Biochemistry / Microbiology / Physiology / Neurosciences / Zoology / Biotechnology / M.Tech in Biotechnology.
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology: M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology OR M.Phil. in Mental Health and Social Psychology OR 2 years Master’s Degree in Applied Psychology/ Clinical Psychology/ Counselling Psychology/ Psychological Counselling/ Psychology.
- Ph.D. in Human Genetics: 2 years Master’s Degree in Zoology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Applied Genetics/ Human Genetics/ Molecular Biology/ Biomedical Genetics OR M.Tech in Genetic Engineering/ Genetic Biotechnology OR B.Tech in Biotechnology OR MBBS.
- Ph.D. in Mental Health Education: MBBS / Masters in Health Education / Media Studies / Journalism / Mass Communication/ Masters in Public Health / Masters in Social Work / Nursing / Psychology with 2 years of experience in a mental health setting or in Health Journalism.
- Ph.D. in Neurochemistry: 2 years M.Sc. Degree in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Neuroscience / Medical Biochemistry.
- Ph.D. in Neuroimaging and Interventional Radiology: BE OR B.Tech OR DNB in Radiodiagnosis OR MBBS OR MD OR Master’s Degree in Medical Subjects OR M.Tech Degree.
- Ph.D. in Neurological Rehabilitation: DNB in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation OR Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy (MPT) / Occupational therapy (MOT) / Orthotics & Prosthetics OR MBBS OR MD in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation OR M.Phil. in Clinical Psychology / Psychiatric Social Work / Clinical Neurosciences OR Master’s Degree in Nursing / Speech Therapy.
For all category wise eligibility criteria check on the prospectus.
- The age is calculated as on 01.01.2024 for Session 2.
- The age limit for Ph.D. courses will be 40 years for External Fellowship Category & 42 years for Sponsored /Deputed Candidates and Employees of the NIMHANS.
- Age is relaxable by a maximum of 5 years in the case of PwBD candidates (Please check PwBD block under reservation of seats section for more information).
NIMHANS PhD Admission 2023-24 (Session 2) Important Dates
|Advertisement of Admission Notification||06.10.2023|
|Start Date for Submission of Hardcopy Application Forms||06.10.2023|
|End Date for Submission of Hardcopy Application Forms||05.11.2023|
|Date of Conduct of Entrance Test & Announcement of Results||21.11.2023|
|Date of Interview & Admission for Ph.D Programs||22.11.2023 & 23.11.2023|
|Date of course commencement for Ph.D. Course||01.01.2024|
NIMHANS PhD Admission 2023-24 (Session 2) Application Process
- Application forms for all the courses are available at the NIMHANS official website www.nimhans.ac.in
- Application should be submitted to the Assistant Administrative Officer (A&E) Academic & Evaluation Section, NIMHANS, Hosur Road, Bengaluru – 560029 with photocopies of all relevant documents , photograph and Application fee payment receipt in a closed cover with the title on the cover as “Application for (COURSE NAME) under Session 2 of the Academic Year 2023-24
- All the Ph.D. Neurology applicants can apply for a maximum of 3 courses, and the applications have to be submitted separately for different courses.
- Application forms in any other form other than hardcopy will be summarily rejected.
|Applicant Category||Application Fee per Course|
|Indian National – General, OBC, and EWS Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|Indian National – SC or ST Category||Rs. 1000/-|
|Indian National – PWD category (40%-70% Disability)||No Application Fee|
|Foreign National||Rs. 1500/-|
- Selection will be based on Entrance Test (70%) + Interview (30%)
- Seats under ‘External Fellowship Category’ are subject to availability of guides Applicants who have been awarded ‘External Fellowship’ from various External Agencies are required to qualify with minimum of 50% marks in the Entrance Test to become eligible for appearing in the interview.