NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session) – National Institute of Immunology (NII), New Delhi invites applications for PhD Admission to its PhD Programs for the academic year 2023-24 (Winter Session).
Check full details on NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
NII Research Areas
- Infectious and Chronic Disease Biology
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Chemical Biology
- Structural Biology
- Computational Biology
Eligibility Criteria for NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session)
- M.Sc. in any branch of science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics), M.Tech., M.B.B.S., M.V.Sc., M.Pharm., Integrated M.Sc., or equivalent qualification as per the norms of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- At least 60% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Senior Secondary Certificate (10+2) and Bachelor’s degree and 55% aggregate score or equivalent grade in Master’s degree are essential for the general category. Five percent relaxation in aggregate scores in Senior Secondary, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees will be applicable for candidates from the reserved categories [(OBC (non-creamy layer; NCL), SC/ST, and PwD]. Rounding off percentage score to the next integral value is not permitted.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination in the current academic year are eligible to apply; they will be admitted provisionally pending satisfactory fulfilment of the eligibility requirements at the time of joining.
- Reservations of seats: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 27% for OBC (NCL) and 3% for persons with disability (PwD) as per statutory norms.
- Reservation for EWS: The persons belonging to EWS who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 10% reservation.
Important Dates for NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session)
|Online Application Begins||22 August 2023|
|Online Application Closing (Extended)||03 October 2023|
|Admit Card available for download||13 October 2023 onwards|
|NII-2024 (Winter) Entrance Examination||29 October 2023|
|Entrance Results Announcement||10 November 2023|
|Online Interviews||27 November 2023 – 05 December 2023|
NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session) Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the official website http://www.nii.res.in/
- Online application facility will be available at the NII website from 22nd August, 2023 – 22nd September, 2023.
|For General/OBC (NCL) candidates||Rs.1200/-|
|For SC/ST/PwD/EWS candidates||Rs.600/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
- Computer-based Entrance Examination, NII-2023 to be conducted by NII at multiple centres across India on 29th October 2023 (Sunday).
- The list of candidates short-listed for interviews shall be available on the NII website and Notice Board on or before 10th November 2023.
- Interviews will be held online during 27th November, 2023–5th December, 2023.
- Candidates selected will be enrolled for the Ph.D. programme of NII in academic affiliation with JNU, New Delhi.
- The programme will start on 3rd January 2024.
- NII currently provides Junior Research Fellowship of Rs.31000/- per month to the selected candidates. Awardees of fellowships from CSIR, UGC, ICMR, DBT or and DST, may avail them as per rules of the respective funding agency.
- NII is a residential campus and shared hostel accommodation will be provided to all the students admitted to the program.
NII PhD Admission 2023-24 (Winter Session) Results
Join Our Telegram Channel