MNIT Jaipur PhD Admissions 2023-24 Even Semester – Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur invited application for PhD admission for 2023-24 Even Semester.
Check full details on MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2023-24 Even Semester below here.
- List of eligible candidates is available now
- (17 Oct 2023) Application for admission to PhD 2023-24 Even Semester is available now
Join Our Telegram Channel
MNIT Jaipur PhD Programs
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission Categories
- Full Time
- Full Time with Institute Assistantship
- Full Time with own scholarship
- Full Time Sponsored
- Part Time
- Part Time (candidate working within 70 km of Jaipur)
- Institute Project Staff
- Institute Faculty
- Institute Staff
- Off Campus
- Off Campus (Off Campus (beyond 70 km from Jaipur)
MNIT Jaipur PhD offering Departments/ Centres
- Architecture & Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Centre for Energy and Environment
- National Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Management Studies
- Materials Research Centre
Eligibility Criteria for MNIT Jaipur PhD Admissions 2023-24 Even Semester
For PhD in Engineering, Architecture & Planning Discipline
- The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Technology/ Engineering/ Architecture/ Planning with minimum CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded).
- In exceptional cases brilliant candidates (graduated from CFTI and other institutions whose NIRF ranking is up to 100) with CGPA of more than 8 (75% marks) in Bachelors degree in Engineering/ Architecture/ Planning may be recommended by DPGC to SPGB for admission in Ph.D. program. Such candidates having, sufficient experience in the relevant area and publications in refereed conferences/journals as notified by DPGC, may also be considered.
For PhD in Humanities & Social Sciences
- The applicant must have the master degree with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% Marks (where CGPA is not awarded).
For PhD in Management
- The applicant must have a two-year post-graduate degree in management /commerce/ economics/ engineering / technology with CGPA not below 6.5 on a ten-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded)
For PhD in Sciences (Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics)
- The applicant must have a Master’s Degree in the relevant Science subject with CGPA not below 6.5 on a 10-point scale or 60% marks (where CGPA is not awarded).
Department Wise Minimum Educational Qualification
|Department||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Architecture & Planning||Master’s degree in Architecture/ Planning/ Technology in relevant discipline.|
|Chemical Engineering||– B.Tech./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering, – B.Tech/M.Tech. or equivalent degree in any branch of Engineering/ Chemical Technology and interdisciplinary areas, |
– M.Sc./dual MSc.-M.Tech or equivalent degree in chemistry/physics/ industrial chemistry/ biochemistry/ biotechnology/nanotechnology/ material science/nano-science/ environmental science/ applied energy/energy sciences/applied physics/physical science/ relevant disciplines with at least one mathematics subject at Bachelor/B.Sc./UG level.
– M.Sc./dual MSc-M.Tech. or equivalent degree in science subjects and consistent with department research areas with at least one mathematics subject at Bachelor/B.Sc/UG level.
|Chemistry||M.Sc. in Chemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Environmental Chemistry/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology and related disciplines with chemistry as one of the optional subjects.|
|Civil Engineering||M.E./M.Tech. degree in relevant engineering discipline.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||– B.E./B.Tech. in CSE/IT/ECE/EE or equivalent disciplines, |
– M.E./M.Tech./M.S. in CSE/IT/ECE/EE or equivalent disciplines.
|Electrical Engineering||M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in respective & relevant Engineering disciplines.|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||B.Tech. and M.Tech. Electrical/ Electronics/Computer/ Communication/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation/ Control/Microelectronics or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of the department.|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||M.A./M.Com. or equivalent degree. Master’s degree in Science may be considered for research areas consistent with the academic background and special interest.|
|Mathematics||M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech/MS or equivalent degree in Mathematics/statistics or in relevant disciplines.|
|Mechanical Engineering||– B.Tech./M.Tech. degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engg, |
– B.Tech./M.Tech. degree/ disciplines consistent with the research areas of the department.
|Metallurgical & Materials Engineering||B.E./B.Tech. degree in Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Materials Science and Engineering/ Metallurgical and Materials Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/ Ceramic Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/ Production Engineering/ Materials Science/Forge and Foundry with M.E./M.Tech degree in Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Science/ Ceramic Engineering/Thermal Engineering/ Polymer Engineering/ Plastic Engineering/Polymer Science and Engineering/ Metallurgy and Materials Science/Materials Engineering/ Design/Machine Design/Production/ Foundry/Industrial Metallurgy/Welding Technology /Manufacturing/ Process Metallurgy/ Process Engineering/Corrosion Engineering/ Nano Technology/ Steel Technology/Mineral Processing/ Alloy Technology/Extractive Metallurgy/ Composites/Powder Metallurgy.|
|Physics||The applicant must have a Master’s degree in the following areas: – M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics/allied areas of Physics/ interdisciplinary areas in physical sciences, |
– M.Tech or equivalent degree in Materials Science/ Solid State Physics/Engineering Physics/ Polymer Science/Nanoscience and Nanotechnology/ Energy Science/Technology/ Computational Techniques in Physics.
|Centre for Energy and Environment||– B.Tech./B.E./B.Arch/MSc. With M.Tech in a relevant discipline, |
– B.Tech. students graduating from CFTI and other institutions whose NIRF ranking is up to 100, with a CGPA of 8.0 or above in the relevant disciplines and a valid GATE score,
– M.Sc. in Physics/Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Renewable Energy/ Sustainable Development with JRF (Funding from CSIR/UGC/ICMR).
|National Centre for Disaster Mitigation and Management||– Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Architecture, |
– Master’s degree in Structural engineering/ Earthquake Engineering or any other branch of civil/ architectural Engineering.
|Management Studies||The applicant must have a two-year post-graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized institute/University.|
|Materials Research Centre||The applicant must have a Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Science subject. |
M.Tech/ME or equivalent degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Ceramics, Mechanical Engineering, Nanoscience, Polymer Technology, Electronics, Nanotechnology.
B Tech students graduating from an IIT with a CGPA of 8.0 or above in the above disciplines along with a valid GATE score OR B Tech/BE (from other reputed Institutions of National importance) with CGPA of 8.5 and above, are eligible to apply.
M.Sc in Materials Science/ Physics/Chemistry Polymer Technology, Electronics, Nanotechnology. Or equivalent Master’s degree in allied areas.
For subject specific eligibility criteria & Tentative Research Area of proposed Ph.D read information Brochure.
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admissions 2023-24 Even Semester Important Dates
|Start Date of Online Application||17-10-2023|
|Last Date of Submission of Online Application||03-11-2023 (till 5:00 PM)|
|Provisional List of Shortlisted/Eligible Candidates for Written Test/Interview Display||21-11-2023|
|Dates of Written Test & Interview for Shortlisted Candidates||11-12 December 2023|
- The Institute may provide financial assistance in the form of teaching or research assistantships (referred to as Institute Assistantship).
- Assistantships are awarded on a semester to semester basis for a period of up to ten semesters for Ph.D. students.
- The stipend for the assistantship is paid at the approved rates as notified by MHRD from time to time. At present a sum of Rs. 31000 + 16% HRA for first two years and Rs. 35000 + 16% HRA for next three years is being given as institute assistantship.
- A student is expected to devote about eight hours per week towards job(s) assigned to him/her by the department. The renewal of assistantship is contingent on the student’s satisfactory performance in the academic programme and in the satisfactory discharge of assistantship duties as assigned to him by the department.
- GATE score will be mandatory for admission to Ph.D. program (with Institute Assistantship) in Engineering and Sciences. The GATE score should have been acquired either within past three years or the candidate should have completed respective Master’s degree with a valid GATE score.
- For admission to Ph.D. program with Institute Assistantship in the Departments of Management Studies UGC/CSIR NET shall be mandatory.
- For admission to Ph.D. program with Institute Assistantship in the Humanities & Social Sciences, GATE/ UGC NET/CSIR NET shall be mandatory. The GATE score should have been acquired either within past three years or the candidate should have completed respective Master’s degree with a valid GATE score.
- Some financial assistantships in the form of research assistantships is also available from sponsored research projects.
- Additional assistantships in the form of scholarships, fellowships, etc. may be available through other organizations, such as, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)/ University Grant Commission (UGC) / Department of Atomic Energy (DAE)/ DST/ MHRD/Corporate Houses etc.
Fellowship will be revised as per providing authority notification.
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2023-24 Even Semester Application Process
Candidate has to apply online at official website of MNIT Jaipur.
The candidates are advised to read Information Brochure very carefully before filling online application form.
The candidate must keep printout/photocopies of the form for future reference.
|General/OBC/EWS category||Rs. 1000/-|
|SC/ST category||Rs. 500/-|
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admission 2023-24 Even Semester Selection Process
- Selection process will comprise of two steps (i) Written test (ii) Interview of shortlisted candidates.
- The Ph.D. entrance written test is exempted for the students who have cleared the National Level Examination viz; UGC NET JRF/CSIR JRF/DST Inspire (with scholarship) and can sustain their Ph.D.from external scholarship/assistantship. However, such candidates will be required to appear for the interview if shortlisted.
- No separate interview letter will be issued, the mode of written test and interview will be offline and the detailed schedule will be displayed on the institute website at least one week before the examination.
- Section A will test the research aptitude of the candidate and Section B, which will test the subject knowledge of the candidate. A candidate is required to score a minimum of 35% separately in both Part A and Part B and together 50% (with 30% weightage of Part-A and 70% weightage of Part-B) in order to qualify for the interview round. Format/sample questions for Part A and Part B, and sample papers will be made available on the Institute website in due course.
MNIT Jaipur PhD Admissions 2023-24 Even Sem Results
Provisional List of the Eligible/Ineligible candidates, model MCQ, syllabus and guidelines for Ph.D. admission Even Semester 2023-24
|Sr. No.||Department Wise Eligible/Ineligible candidates|
|2.||Centre for Energy and Environment|
|6.||Computer Science & Engineering|
|8.||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|9.||Humanities and Social Sciences|
|10.||Department of Management Studies|
|13.||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering|
Department wise Model MCQ and Syllabus
Section A: (Common for All Departments)
Join Our Telegram Channel