MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024– Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam, Kerala offers PhD Program in various disciplines.
Check full details on MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
MGU Kerala PhD Programs
- PhD Education
- PhD English
- PhD Law
- PhD Syriac
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Malayalam
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Hindi
- PhD English(School of Letters)
- PhD Music
- PhD Fine Arts
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Botany
- PhD Bioscience
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Economics
- PhD International Relations
- PhD Politics & International Relations
- PhD Gandhian Studies
- PhD Development Studies
- PhD Social Work
- PhD History
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Management Studies
- PhD Tourism Studies
- PhD Special Education
- PhD Psychology (School Of Behavioral Sciences)
- PhD Behavioral Science
- PhD Behavioral Medicine
- PhD Rehabilitation Nursing
- PhD Nursing
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Physics
- PhD Home Science
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Fishery Science
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Pharmacy
- PhD Electronics
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering
Seats details will be announced with notification.
Eligibility Criteria for MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024
- Candidates applying for Ph.D shall have passed a Post Graduate Degree examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of any other Universities recognised as eligible thereto, with not less than 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed (without adding grace marks) and who has secured a Post Graduate Degree or an equivalent Professional Degree satisfying the condition detailed above from a foreign educational institution which is accredited by authorised agencies
- However, a relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% (without adding grace mark) or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be granted to those belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled and for candidates who have obtained their Post Graduate Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- Candidates awaiting results of their PG Examinations can also apply, but they shall submit the Provisional / Original Certificate within seven days of publication of results of Ph.D Written Aptitude Test. The validity of the results of the candidates of the Ph.D Aptitude Test will be two years from the date of publication of the Test results.
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Date of Opening the Portal for|
|to be announced|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||to be announced|
|Date of Entrance Examination||to be announced|
|Date of Issuance of Hall Tickets||to be announced|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024 Application Process
- Candidates shall apply for the Aptitude/Entrance Test for Ph.D Programme, 2024, Online, by accessing the University Website https://researchonline.mgu.ac.in/
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layers)/Differently Abled category shall upload copies of the documents in proof of the same along with the application.
- Step1: Account Creation
- Step2: Login
- Step3: Application Fee Payment
- Step4: Submit Basic Details
- Step5: Submit Academic Details
- Step6: Upload the Documents
- Step7: Submit the Application
- Step8: Take the System Generated printout and send to university with all the relevant documents.
Application Fee (Expected)
|Application Fee||Rs. 1105/-|
|For SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 550/-|
|Mode of Payment||Through online mode|
MGU Kerala PhD Admission 2024 Admission Procedure
Admission to the Ph.D. Programs will be made on the basis of
- Entrance Test (ET)
- Doctoral Interview
Exemption from Entrance Test
The following categories of candidates are exempted from passing Entrance Test :
- JRF awardees.
- UGC Teacher Fellows
- M.Phil. & M.Tech. (all discipline), MD, MS, MDS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda) Degree holders in the subject of research concerned.
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Departments and the Government/Aided Colleges in Kerala.
- Candidates who have qualified in the NET/ SLET/ GATE/ GPAT/ JEST/ RGNF or other tests conducted by such Government bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR/ ICMR.
- DST Women Scientist Awardees
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF Fellowship Awardees
- Scientists from the Accredited R & D Institutions
- Teachers working in Self-Financing Colleges under the control of Government, with three years of continuous teaching experience.
MGU Kerala PhD Entrance Test 2024
- Duration of Examination : 3 Hrs
- Maximum Marks : 100 Marks
The test comprises of two papers –
- Part A – Research Methodology
- Part B – Subject chosen.
- Objective Type Questions (50 Nos.) Covering various areas of the subject: 50 Marks (1 mark for each question)
- Short answer questions: 14 Numbers : 50 Marks
- Out of which 10 numbers have to be answered, 5 marks for each question
Pass requirement is minimum 50% marks for all categories except SC/ST/OBC/Differently Abled whose pass requirement is 45%.
Centres of Examination
While filling out the application form, candidates can select any one of the below mentioned exam centre.
- University College, M.G Road, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram
- CMS College, Kottayam
- St. Paul’s College, Kalamasserry, Ernakulam
- Government Vocational HSS for Girs, Nadakkavu, Kozhikkode
- Sree Narayana College, Thottada, Kannur
The centres will be allotted to candidates on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once a centre has reached its capacity, candidates may be allotted any other centre from the above list. University will not accept the request to make changes in the allotted exam centres.
|Notification 2024||To be released|
|Notification 2023||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|MGU Kerala Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel