Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24: Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24 through Common Entrance Test.
Check full details on Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Programs
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Biomedical Science
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Biology
- PhD Business Administration
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD Energy Science
- PhD English
- PhD English Language Studies
- PhD Environmental Remote Sensing and Cartography
- PhD Environmental Studies
- PhD Folklore
- PhD Food and Nutrition
- PhD Gandhian Thought and Peace Making
- PhD Genomics / Genetics
- PhD Geography
- PhD History
- PhD Immunology
- PhD Islamic Tamil Studies
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD Kannada
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Linguistics
- PhD Malayalam
- PhD Marine Biology
- PhD Material Science
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Molecular Biology
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Physics
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Public Administration
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Rural Development
- PhD Saiva Siddhantha Philosophy
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Social Work
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Tamil
- PhD Telugu
- PhD Tourism Management
- PhD Zoology
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates willing to register for PhD Programme should have a Bachelor’s degree as well as a Master’s Degree (10+2+3+2 pattern or equivalent in that order) of this university or any other university recognized by this university as equivalent thereto in concerned disciplines with minimum 55% of marks in the aggregate marks in Master’s Degree.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-abled /SC/ST categories of candidates as per the rules.
- Students who are pursuing their final year PG Course may also apply for the Common Entrance Examination for PhD programmes. The Pass Certificate will be issued only on production of attested copy of Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring minimum eligible percentage of marks in PG Degree.
- Junior/Senior Research Fellows working in research projects funded by various external agencies of National and State level organizations and executed by the Departments of University / Recognized Research Centres of the affiliated Colleges/ Recognized Research Institutions and those who are working as stipendiary/ non-stipendiary research scholars are also eligible to register for Ph.D.
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Opening of Online Registration Portal||23-08-2023|
|Last date for submission of online application||15-09-2023|
|Date and Time of Entrance Test|
(Objective Type Examination)
|Will be notified|
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read eligibility and other details given there carefully before filling application form.
- The final printout (Hardcopy) of the application with relevant documents (PG Overall Marksheet, PG Degree Certificate(if having), & payment receipt) shall be sent by post soon after submitting the application online to The Director, Research and Development Cell, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai – 625 021 superscribing “Application for Common Entrance Test 2023 – 24 for admission to M.Phil/Ph.D.”
- The applicants from States other than Tamil Nadu will be treated under OC category.
- Candidates with Junior/Senior Research Fellowship sanctioned by National/State level research funding agencies and Project Fellows who have been appointed through duly approved selection process are exempted from appearing for entrance test and interview. Those candidates may directly apply to the University Departments/Research Centres in Colleges for Ph.D. registration.
- Candidates who cleared NET/SET/GATE are exempted from appearing for the entrance test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their final year PG Course may also apply for the Common Entrance Examination for Ph.D program. The Pass Certificate will be issued only on the production of an attested copy of the Cumulative Mark Statement ensuring a minimum eligible percentage of marks in PG Degree.
- Selected candidates should submit all original documents/certificates at the time of the Interview for verification.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to choose the right discipline based on their PG Degree considering all relevant aspects. If the discipline chosen for the entrance test is not appropriate, the written test becomes invalid.
- The Entrance test shall be conducted in Madurai only.
|For PhD||Rs. 2,000/- (Rs.1,000/- for SC/ST Students)|
|For M.Phil.||Rs. 1,500/- (Rs.750/- for SC/ST Students)|
- Selection for PhD Admission will be on the basis of Entrance test and interview.
- The department research committee shall rank the candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test and the interview.
- The Candidates who have secured 50 % marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview. A relaxation of 5 % marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC /ST /OBC Non-creamy Layer / Differently abled categories.
- A weightage of 70 % for the entrance test and 30 % for the performance in the interview / viva- voce shall be given.
Exemption from Entrance Test and Interview
The following candidates are exempted from appearing for the entrance examination and interview and they may be directly admitted into the PhD programme.
- Candidates with Junior/Senior Research Fellowship (JRF/SRF) sanctioned by National/State level research funding agencies who have been admitted following the recommended admission procedure.
- Candidates duly selected by a Committee constituted by the Research Department/ Centre / Institution after proper notification and selection process and appointed in Research Projects.
- Those candidates may directly apply to the University Departments / Research Centres in Colleges for admission and need not apply for entrance examination and need not pay the online registration fees.
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Entrance Test Details
- The online entrance test shall be conducted by the University and shall comprise of two parts, each test of one hour duration.
- The tests shall be of objective type with a maximum of 50 marks each.
The entrance test shall be conducted by the University in Madurai only.
Pattern of Exam
|Part – I||Part – II|
|50 Marks – objective type Questions – Research aptitude, English comprehension, logic and general reasoning.||50 Marks – objective type Questions in the subject concerned.|
First Part – The first part includes Research aptitude, English comprehension, logic and general reasoning
Second Part – Second Part will be based on PG level syllabus in concerned subject.
Previous Question Papers
Model Question Paper 2020
Model Question Paper 2019
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Madurai Kamaraj University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
Join Our Telegram Channel