KGMU PhD Admission 2023 – King George’s Medical University (KGMU) Lucknow invites applications for PhD admission for the Academic year 2023 through Entrance Examination.
Check full details on KGMU PhD Admission 2023 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
KGMU PhD Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian National.
- Medical/ Dental Candidates should have MD/MS/MDS degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate in UG.
- Non-medical candidates must have graduate and post-graduate degree in subjects related to biomedical sciences/life sciences/science/humanities, with at least 55% marks in aggregate (in PG Degree) or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) as per UGC Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil/ Ph.D. Degrees Regulations, 2016.
- Nursing candidates should have M. Phil (Nursing) or M.Sc. (Nursing) or a Post Graduate degree in nursing recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC). The Candidates should have passed M.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% marks. Candidates should be working in Teaching Institution/ Hospital/ Community Centre.
- A relaxation of 5% marks, (from 55% to 50%), or equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently able and other categories of candidates as per the decisions of the King George’s Medical University, Lucknow from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Masters’ Degree prior to 19th Sept. 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures. (As per UGC Minimum standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/ Ph.D. Degrees Regulations, 2016).
- Entrance Exam Exemption Criteria: Candidates who have qualified National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DST/DBT/similar government organizations and the fellowship funds from UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DST/similar government organisations should be sanctioned to King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, are exempted from appearing in the King George’s Medical University- PhD Entrance Examination 2023. These candidates must submit their application and fees through online portal of King George’s Medical University- PhD Entrance Examination 2023. A NOC/Consent certificate from an eligible guide of a department has to be provided at the time of counselling, failing which the candidature will be cancelled.
KGMU PhD Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Application form Available (Online)||22nd June 2023 (Thursday)|
|Last Date of Application Submission||15th July 2023 (Saturday)|
|Admit card available online from||19th July 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Entrance Examination||23rd July 2023 (Sunday)|
KGMU PhD Admission 2023 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website www.kgmu.org
- Candidates must create their login-ID using their registered e-Mail IDs & Mobile Numbers.
- The applicants can then login into the system through OTP sent to them on their registered eMail IDs and/or Mobile Number to proceed for online payment.
- Candidates, who are employed, must submit their No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer, at the time of counselling. In case the candidate is selected for the course, he/she shall be given admission only if he/she has obtained the permission from his/her employer and the prior sanction of study leave for the entire duration of the Ph.D. Course
|For Unreserved (UR) & OBC Candidates||Rs.4000/-|
|For SC/ST Candidates||Rs.3000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
KGMU PhD Entrance 2023 Details
Date & Time of the Examination
|Date||23rd July 2023 (Sunday)|
|Time||11 AM to 12.30 PM (90 minutes)|
|Reporting time||10.00 AM (60 minutes prior to commencement of Entrance Examination)|
|Venue||As mentioned on the Admit Card|
|Mode of Exam||Offline mode (OMR sheet)|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|No. of Questions||100 questions of 1.0 mark each|
|Marking Scheme||There shall be no negative marking.|
|Test Centre||Lucknow only|
- Entrance Test will be a written aptitude test in logical thinking, human biology (10+2 level), general awareness, research aptitude and basic computer knowledge (class 10 level). Qualifying marks will be 50% for Unreserved Candidates and 45% for OBC/SC/ST Candidates.
- Downloadable admit cards will be sent to the applicant candidates on their registered email id. on 19th July 2023 (Wednesday). They can download their admit cards and take a print of it to be shown at examination venue.
- Admit card can also be obtained in person (in case of inability to download) from 20th July 2023 (Thursday) to 22nd July 2023 (Saturday) between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM OR on the Entrance Examination Day i.e. 23rd July 2023 (Sunday) from 9.00 AM to 10.00 AM. from Office of the Controller of Examination, Pariksha Bhawan (PHI), King George’s Medical University Lucknow on Payment of Rs.100/-
- The result will be declared on the official website of King George’s Medical University, Lucknow and on Notice Board of Controller of Examinations, Pariksha Bhawan, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow.
- The merit list will be prepared of the qualifying examinations. A combined merit list and category wise merit list will be drawn.
- In case of tie the preference will be given in following order
- Higher percentage of marks obtained in M.Sc./MD/MS/MDS
- Higher age (older)
- In case the above two are equal then the selection will be made on the basis of Alphabetical order of the names of candidate.
- Candidates should either have fellowship from UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/DST and the fellowship funds should be sanctioned to King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. OR The candidate should be employed in extramurally funded project sanctioned to the Guide or Co-Guide of King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. The project funds should be sanctioned to the King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. Candidates without secure funding will not be registered.
- No financial assistance in the form of Stipend, Emoluments, Honorarium etc. will be given to the candidates by the University.
Join Our Telegram Channel