Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24: Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, Kerala invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About Kerala Agricultural University (KAU)
- The Kerala Agricultural University is an institution which came into existence on the 24th day of February, 1971 by the Act passed by the Government of Kerala.
- The University is the principal instrument of Kerala state in providing human resources, skills and technology required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, agricultural engineering, horticulture and forestry by integrating education, research and extension.
- The University fulfils its mission through a network of institutions spread throughout the State consisting of three faculties under which are 8 constituent Colleges, 6 Regional Agricultural Research Stations, 16 Research Stations, one Central Training Institute, one Communication Centre and seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
Kerala Agricultural University PhD Programs
- PhD Agriculture (Agricultural Economics)
- PhD Agriculture (Agricultural Extension Education)
- PhD Agriculture (Agronomy)
- PhD Agriculture (Entomology)
- PhD Agriculture (Genetics and Plant Breeding)
- PhD Agriculture (Microbiology)
- PhD Agriculture (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology)
- PhD Agriculture (Plant Pathology)
- PhD Agriculture (Plant Physiology)
- PhD Agriculture (Soil Science)
- PhD Co-operation & Banking (Rural Marketing Management)
- PhD Community Science (Food and Nutrition)
- PhD Horticulture (Floriculture and Landscaping)
- PhD Horticulture (Fruit Science)
- PhD Horticulture (Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops)
- PhD Horticulture (Postharvest Management)
- PhD Horticulture (Vegetable Science)
- PhD Forestry (Forest Biology and Tree Improvement)
- PhD Forestry (Forest Products and Utilisation)
- PhD Forestry (Forest Resource Management)
- PhD Forestry (Silviculture and Agroforestry)
- PhD Forestry (Wildlife Sciences)
- PhD Agricultural Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engineering)
- PhD Agricultural Engineering (Processing & Food Engineering)
- PhD Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering)
PhD Courses 2023-24
- PhD Agriculture
- PhD Horticulture
- PhD Community Science
- PhD Forestry
- PhD Agricultural Engineering
For subject wise seats read prospectus.
Newly Launched PhD Courses
Admission to newly launched PhD courses is open till 25 November 2023. Please visit https://admnewpgm.kau.in for more details.
- Ph.D in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Forestry/ Agricultural Engineering
- Master’s Degree in the respective discipline /related discipline from the faculty concerned. A basic degree in Agri./ Hort./ Forestry/ Agrl. Engg. is essential. 4 years Basic Degree (UG) + 2 years PG from a University / Institution accredited by ICAR will be strictly followed.
- Ph.D in Community Science (Food and Nutrition)
- M Sc. in Community Science (Food and Nutrition) or equivalent recognized by KAU.
OGPA (Grade Point System) Requirements
|PG (Grade Point System)||7.00/10.00||6.50/10.00|
|PG (Traditional System)||60%||55.00%|
Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Issue of Admission notification||15.09.2023|
|Commencement of Online Application Submission||15.09.2023|
|Last date for submission of online application||07.10.2023|
|Issue of admit card for written examination Ph.D (Community Science)||13.10.2023|
|Entrance Examination Ph.D (Community Science)||18.10.2023|
|Publishing Rank list of Ph.D programme (Date will be Announced on the website)||To be announced|
|Date of Admission||To be announced|
Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
|SC/ST Candidates (Natives of Kerala only) / PwD||Rs. 750/-|
- Selection of candidates will be based on the ICAR Entrance examination (AICE- JRF/ SRF (Ph.D) conducted for the academic session 2023-24. KAU will conduct separate entrance exam for Community Science.
Candidates will be ranked on the basis of the following criteria
|1||Marks obtained in ICAR/KAU Entrance Examination||75|
|2||Academic Performance (Marks/Grade obtained in PG Degree Examination)||15|
Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Kerala Agricultural University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Kerala Agricultural University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel