Kerala Agricultural University PG Admission 2023-24: Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, Kerala invites online application for PG admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Kerala Agricultural University PG Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About Kerala Agricultural University (KAU)
- The Kerala Agricultural University is an institution which came into existence on the 24th day of February, 1971 by the Act passed by the Government of Kerala.
- The University is the principal instrument of Kerala state in providing human resources, skills and technology required for the sustainable development of its agriculture, agricultural engineering, horticulture and forestry by integrating education, research and extension.
- The University fulfils its mission through a network of institutions spread throughout the State consisting of three faculties under which are 8 constituent Colleges, 6 Regional Agricultural Research Stations, 16 Research Stations, one Central Training Institute, one Communication Centre and seven Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
Kerala Agricultural University PG Programs
- MSc Agricultural Statistics (Agricultural Statistics)
- MSc Agriculture (Agricultural Economics)
- MSc Agriculture (Agricultural Extension Education)
- MSc Agriculture (Agricultural Meteorology)
- MSc Agriculture (Agronomy)
- MSc Agriculture (Entomology)
- MSc Agriculture (Genetics and Plant Breeding)
- MSc Agriculture (Microbiology)
- MSc Agriculture (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology)
- MSc Agriculture (Nematology)
- MSc Agriculture (Plant Pathology)
- MSc Agriculture (Plant Physiology)
- MSc Agriculture (Seed Science & Technology)
- MSc Agriculture (Soil Science)
- MSc Co-operation & Banking (Co-Operative Management)
- MSc Co-operation & Banking (Rural Banking and Finance Management)
- MSc Co-operation & Banking (Rural Marketing Management)
- MSc Community Science (Food and Nutrition)
- MSc Horticulture (Floriculture and Landscaping)
- MSc Horticulture (Fruit Science)
- MSc Horticulture (Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops)
- MSc Horticulture (Postharvest Management)
- MSc Horticulture (Vegetable Science)
- MBA Agribusiness Management
- MSc Forestry (Forest Biology and Tree Improvement)
- MSc Forestry (Forest Products and Utilisation)
- MSc Forestry (Forest Resource Management)
- MSc Forestry (Silviculture and Agroforestry)
- MSc Forestry (Wildlife Sciences)
- MSc Climate Science
- MSc Environmental Science
- MSc Ocean and Atmospheric Science
- MTech Agricultural Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engineering)
- MTech Agricultural Engineering (Processing & Food Engineering)
- MTech Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering)
PG Programs 2023-24
- M.Sc. (Agriculture)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture)
- M.Sc. (Community Science)
- M.Sc. (Agricultural Statistics)
- M.Sc. (Co-operation & Banking)
- M.Sc. (Forestry)
- M.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
For subject wise seats read prospectus.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply. Candidates should have obtained degrees from a University/
- Institution accredited by ICAR and recognised by KAU.
- Eligibility Criteria for the admission of ICAR students will be as per ICAR norms.
OGPA (Grade Point System) Requirements
|UG (Grade Point System)||6.50/10.00||6.00/10.00|
|UG (Traditional System)||55%||50%|
Subject Wise Criteria
Faculty of Agriculture
|M.Sc. Program||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Sc (Agriculture/ Horticulture)||B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the respective disciplines.|
|M.Sc. Community Science||B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. or equivalent four-year degree in the relevant discipline offered by SAUs/ICAR institutes. |
Bachelor degree in Community Science/B.Sc. Home Science/B.Sc. Nutrition and dietetics/B.Sc. Clinical Nutrition/B.Sc. Food and Nutrition/B.Sc. Clinical nutrition and dietetics or equivalent.
|M.Sc. (Agricultural Statistics)||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture/Forestry/Co-operation and Banking offered by SAUs/ICAR institutes. |
A bachelor degree holder in B.Sc. Mathematics/Statistics.
|M.Sc. (Co operation & Banking)||B.Sc. (Hons.) Co-operation & Banking degree of the KAU or an equivalent four-year degree.|
Faculty of Forestry
|M.Sc. Program||Eligibility Criteria|
|M Sc.(Forestry)||Bachelors in Forestry/ Agriculture/ Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H (for Wildlife Science only). Degree holders with higher Grade Certificate from Ranger’s College or with Diploma in Forestry from State Forest College/Indian Forest College, Dehradun|
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering & Technology
|MTech Program||Eligibility Criteria|
|M Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)||A bachelor degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Food Technology (for Processing and Food Engineering only)|
Kerala Agricultural University PG Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Issue of Admission notification||15.09.2023|
|Commencement of Online Application Submission||15.09.2023|
|Last date for submission of online application||07.10.2023|
|Issue of admit card for written examination – M.Sc. (C & B), M.Sc (Community Science),||13.10.2023|
|Entrance Examination – M.Sc. (C & B), M.Sc (Community Science)||18.10.2023|
|Publishing Rank list of Masters Program (Date will be Announced on the website)||To be announced|
|Date of Admission||To be announced|
Kerala Agricultural University PG Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
|SC/ST Candidates (Natives of Kerala only) / PwD||Rs. 500/-|
- Selection of candidates for the master’s degree programmes will be based on ICAR entrance examinations conducted for the academic session 2023-24 for M.Sc. (Ag), M.Sc. (Hort), M.Sc. (Forestry) and M.Tech (Agrl.Engg.) KAU will conduct separate entrance exam for Community Science and Co-operation & Banking courses.
- Candidates with valid GATE score also will be considered for admission to M.Tech. Programme in Agricultural Engineering. GATE score in Agricultural Engineering will be considered for admission to all M.Tech. disciplines of Agricultural Engineering. GATE score in Food Technology will be considered for admission to M.Tech. (Processing & Food Engineering).
Candidates will be ranked on the basis of the following criteria
|1||Marks obtained in ICAR/KAU Entrance Examination||75|
|2||Academic Performance (Marks/Grade obtained in Degree Examination)||20|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Kerala Agricultural University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel