Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University PhD Admission 2023-24: Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, Maharashtra invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Programs
- Science and Technology (Science)
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Microbiology
- PhD Botany
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Computer Science
- PhD Physics
- PhD Electronics
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Geology
- PhD Geography
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Statistics
- Science and Technology (Engineering & Technology)
- PhD Chemical Engineering/Technology
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Computer Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Electronics Engineering
- PhD Instrumentation Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- Science and Technology (Pharmacy)
- PhD Pharmacy
- Commerce and Management
- PhD Commerce and Management
- PhD Marathi
- PhD Hindi
- PhD English
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Urdu
- PhD Pali
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Defence Studies
- PhD Economics
- PhD History
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Social Work
- PhD Sociology
- PhD Law
- PhD Education
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Mass Communication & Journalism
- PhD Dr. Ambedkar Thought
Out of total available seats, 50 % seats each will be allocated to the candidates who qualify for the Entrance Test and 50 % seats for the candidates who are exempted from the Entrance Test as mentioned above, respectively. The reservation policy of the State Govt. will be followed while allocating seats.
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 10-point scale (or an equivalent grade or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. For candidates having FYUG Research Degree as per NEP-2020, the eligibility norms shall be as laid down by the Government of Maharashtra.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/NT/VJ-DT/OBC* (noncreamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidate who have cleared the M.Phil. Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 10-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree in the Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/NT/VJ-DT/OBC (*non-creamy layer)/differently-abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidate as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- An M.Phil./M.Tech./M.E./M.Pharm. student of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon whose M.Phil./M.Tech./M.E./M.Pharm. dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending may be admitted to the Ph.D. programme.
- Candidate possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- Persons holding the rank of Assistant Director/Scientist B or above and working in National Laboratories / Institutes / Government /Private Organizations nominated/sponsored by the respective employer, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme. Above mentioned rules are also applicable to the foreign candidate who has obtained a Masters Degree from the statutory Indian Universities.
- Persons with exceptional abilities who have passed Graduate Degree Examination with 55 % of marks and with 15 years experience after graduation or 10 years experience after post-graduation in related fields at the discretion of the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- Graduate Senior citizen of age 60 years and above in exceptional cases at the discretion of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- The members of the Institute of Chartered Accountant and / or Institute of Cost and Works Accountant and / or having qualification of Institute of Company Secretaries of India shall be considered eligible for registration for Ph.D. in any subject in the faculty of Commerce and Management provided that they possess a bachelor’s degree of any statutory University.
- Applications for research in inter-disciplinary areas and applicants belonging to a faculty or subject other than the faculty or subject in which the research is proposed and from international candidate (those who have not obtained the Master’s degree from Indian Universities) shall be considered on the basis of the proven ability and aptitude of the researcher for such kind of research. The decisions in this regard shall be taken by the concerned Research and Recognition Committee (RRC)/ Interdisciplinary Research Board after presentation by the research student. In such cases, the guide should be from the subject in which the candidate has completed his/her Master’s Degree and the Co-guide from the allied subject. The guide and co-guide for one thesis cannot be from same subject.
- Admission for Ph.D. degree to foreign candidate who has obtained Master’s degree from Indian Universities or Foreign Universities with at least 55 % marks or equivalent CGPA shall be governed by International Students Cell of the University.
- The candidate having passed Masters’ degree (Partly by Paper Partly by Research) from Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Availability of online Application Form through University website||27 July 2023|
|Last date for filling up of on-line Application Form||10 August 2023|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of online filled Application (Only for Exempted Category)||17 August 2023|
|Display of provisional list of eligible candidates appearing for the Entrance Test and exempted candidates||20 August 2023|
|Last date of receipt of objection on the list, if any (in written form/e-mail)||22 August 2023|
|Display of the final list of eligible candidates appearing for the Entrance Test and Exempted candidates||25 August 2023|
|Issue of Hall Tickets in the login ID of the candidate including the schedule of Examination||27 August 2023|
|Tentative dates of the exam||13/14/15/16 September 2023|
|Tentative date of PET result||30 September 2023|
|Tentative Last date for submission of the hard copy of online filled Application (Only for PET qualified Candidates Category) Form for EXEMPTION in PET along with supporting||15 October 2023|
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
Procedure for submission of Online Application Form:
- Before filling in the application form, kindly make ready your scanned passport size photo and signature (signed with black ink).
- Once you are ready with all the details, click on the Link PET-2023 where you will be in a position to fill an Application Form for Ph.D. Entrance Test – July, 2023.
- The Application Form will be available only online on the University website www.nmu.ac.in.
- Fill in all the information carefully as per the given instructions.
- For payment, click on make payment and select appropriate payment option.
- Print the hard copy of the submitted online Application Form and payment receipt.
- The candidate is solely responsible for his eligibility and the information which he/she has furnished in the online Application Form. No request for changes in the information provided in the online filled Application Form will be entertained.
- Incomplete application will be rejected without any reason and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- For candidates who wish to apply for exemption in PET, only filling and submission of online Application Form is not sufficient. If a hard copy along with fee transaction slip and other necessary documents is not received before 15/08/2023, to Research Section of University, the candidate will not be considered for exemption.
- The candidates appearing for the PET examination shall NOT send the hard copy to the university. After declaration of PET result, ONLY the PET qualified candidates shall send the hard copy of application form along with required documents
|SC/ST students||Rs. 1000/-|
|Foreign students||Rs. 6000/-|
|For others||Rs. 1200/-|
The candidates who are eligible to get exemption from Entrance Test, will also have to pay the fee as mentioned above.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of PhD Entrance Test 2023 (PET).
- The candidate who have qualified GATE/GPAT with valid score OR SET/NET/JRF examinations of the apex bodies such as CSIR /UGC /ICAR /ICMR /DST/DBT or awarded with International/National/ State level Fellowships having willingness letter of Research Guide. Such students are exempted from PET and shall fill-up online Ph.D. admission application form and submit online generated application to the Ph.D. Section. The students will be given provisional admission to Ph.D. as per the approval of the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
Exemption from Entrance Test
The candidate fulfilling one of the following conditions will be exempted from Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- The candidate who have qualified GATE/GPAT with valid score OR SET/NET/JRF examinations of the apex bodies such as CSIR /UGC /ICAR /ICMR /DST/DBT or awarded with International/National/State level Fellowships.
- Person with exceptional abilities and Senior Citizen as mentioned in eligibility criteria on the recommendation of concerned RRC and approval of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
- A) Approved Teacher/Librarian/Physical Director working in the affiliated college/recognized institute of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon having at least 5 years experience at U.G. /P.G. level.
- B) Approved Teacher with M. Phil. degree working in the affiliated college and institute of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and student having M.Phil. degree of Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
- Foreign and NRI students after recommendation of International Students Cell.
- Chartered Accountant and / or I.C.W.A. and / or Company Secretary who possesses a Post Graduate Degree from any statutory University.
- Non-teaching staff of the Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon and the affiliated colleges, who have secured Post-Graduate degree and have 10 years of experience and with the approval of Pro-Vice Chancellor.
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Entrance Test 2023 (PET) Details
An Entrance Test will be conducted in an online mode/process [at the center(s) assigned by the university].
Structure of the Entrance Test
- There will be two papers i.e., Paper-I and Paper – II for the Online Entrance Test.
- The syllabi of Paper-I and Paper-II for various subjects covered under different Board of Studies and Faculties are available on the University website.
Paper – I: General Aptitude Test and Paper – II: Subject Specific Test
- These papers will have 50 questions each with multiple choice: Paper-I covers logical reasoning, numerical ability, reasoning, language aptitude and Paper-II is subject specific.
- Each correct answer carries 2 marks.
- There will be no negative marking system.
- Time duration for each paper is 60 minutes and will be conducted in online mode.
- Candidate who scores 50 % marks and above (45 % marks and above, in case of reserved category candidate) in both the papers will be declared as PET Qualified.
Conduct of PET and Declaration of result
- The candidates eligible for PET will be communicated by SMS to download their hall tickets from their individual login.
- As per the date, time and venue mentioned on their hall tickets, the candidates have to appear for PET.
- The list of PET qualified candidates will be published on the University Website.
- The score of Paper-I will be valid for the next two consecutive attempts from the date of declaration of result to appear for Paper-II and vice versa.
- The score of PET qualified candidates will be valid for next three consecutive years for Ph.D. admission.
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Entrance Test 2023 (PET) Syllabus
KBCNMU Jalgaon PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.