Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24: Kannur University, Kannur, Kerala invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Kannur University PhD Programs
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Arabic
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Botany
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD English
- PhD Environmental Studies
- PhD Geography
- PhD Geology
- PhD Hindi
- PhD History
- PhD IT/Computer Science
- PhD Journalism & Mass Communication
- PhD Kannada
- PhD Law
- PhD Library Science
- PhD Life Science
- PhD Malayalam
- PhD Management Studies
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Molecular Biology
- PhD Music
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physical Education & Sports Sciences
- PhD Physics
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Travel & Tourism
- PhD Zoology
PhD Seat Matrix 2023-24
|PhD Environmental Studies||6|
|PhD IT/Computer Science||7|
|PhD Journalism & Mass Communication||0|
|PhD Library Science||0|
|PhD Life Science||37|
|PhD Management Studies||0|
|PhD Molecular Biology||5|
|PhD Physical Education & Sports Sciences||6|
|PhD Political Science||6|
|PhD Travel & Tourism||1|
Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have completed a 1-year/2-semester Master’s Degree programme after a 4- year/8-semester Bachelor’s Degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester Master’s Degree programme after a 3-year/6-semester Bachelor’s Degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by any Indian, Foreign Universities recognized by UGC and AIU respectively, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester Bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University/State Government from time to time.
- Candidates who have appeared for their final semester P.G. degree examinations and awaiting result are also eligible to apply. They, however, need to produce the eligibility certificates before the commencement of coursework.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start of application forms||14 Aug 2023|
|Last date for application forms||01 Sept 2023|
|Entrance Test date||last week of September 2023|
Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Applications may be submitted ONLINE from 14.08.2023 to 01.09.2023 through the link provided in the official website of Kannur University (www.kannuruniversity.ac.in)
- The applicants are advised to submit only one application.
- The application fee of Rs. 615/- shall be remitted online through SBI e-pay in the University Website. Application process will only be completed if applicable fee is remitted. The amount of fee once remitted will not be refunded.
- Any incomplete/erroneous applications will summarily be rejected.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply well in advance without waiting for the last date of submission of online application.
- The application process is completely online, candidates NEED NOT SEND any hardcopies
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance test & Interview.
- Candidates securing a minimum of 50% marks, 45% marks in the case of SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), as the case may be, in the Entrance Test shall be called for the Interview before Department Research Committee. There will be no revaluation of answer scripts.
- The Interview shall consist of 30 marks. Candidates who have cleared the Entrance Test will have to secure a minimum of 15 marks in the interview and 55% marks in aggregate to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme whereas candidates who are exempted from the Entrance Test will have to secure a minimum of 15 marks in the interview to be eligible for admission to Ph.D. Programme.
Exemption From Entrance Test
Candidates who have qualified for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC- CSIR NET/GATE/CEED or secured any Research Fellowship (of three years or more) of State/Central Government funding agencies are exempted from the Entrance Test.
Kannur University PhD Entrance Test
- Entrance Test is tentatively scheduled to be held on the last week of September.
- The Entrance Test will be of two hours duration and will carry a maximum of 100 marks including objective and descriptive questions.
- Entrance Test will be based on the Syllabus for UGC/CSIR/NET examinations.
- Question paper shall consist of two parts
- Paper I – 35 Marks (1 hour duration)- Consisting of objective (20 marks) and descriptive type questions (15 marks) related to Research Aptitude, English Language competence and Computer awareness
- Paper II – 35 Marks (1 hour duration) – Consisting of objective (20 marks) and descriptive type questions (15 marks) from the subject concerned.
- Candidates securing a minimum of 50% marks, 45% marks in the case of OBC (Non creamy layer)/ E.W.S. / and differently-abled and 40% marks in the case of SC/ST categories , as the case may be, in the Entrance Test shall be called for the interview before Department Research Committee. There will be no revaluation of answer scripts.
Hall Ticket for Entrance Examination
- The candidate can download Hall ticket for the Entrance Test from the official website of Kannur University.
- The login ID and password created during the online registration is mandatory for downloading the hall ticket for the Entrance Examination.
- No individual communication regarding the Entrance Examination will be sent to the candidate and the candidate shall go through the University website and the University Press releases for the latest information.
Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Kannur University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
Join Our Telegram Channel