Jadavpur University PhD Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management Admission 2023-24 – Jadavpur University invites applications for admission to PhD Program under the Faculty Council of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management (FISLM) for the academic year 2023-24.
Check full details on Jadavpur University PhD Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Jadavpur University PhD Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management Programs
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the School of Automotive Engineering, School of Education Technology, School of Environmental Studies, School of International Relations and Strategic Studies, School of Laser Science & Engineering, School of Materials Science & Nanotechnology, School of Natural Products Studies, School of Nuclear Studies & Application, School of Water Resources Engineering and Dept. of Adult, Continuing Education & Extension.
- PhD Automotive Engineering
- PhD Education Technology
- PhD Environmental Studies
- PhD International Relations and Strategic Studies
- PhD Laser Science & Engineering
- PhD Materials Science & Nanotechnology
- PhD Natural Products Studies
- PhD Nuclear Studies & Application
- PhD Water Resources Engineering
- PhD Adult, Continuing Education & Extension
|Name of the School/Dept.||Total Vacancy||Area of the Research Field|
|School of Automotive Engineering||Up to 3||– Material Science, Fluid Mechanics and allied topics|
|School of Education Technology||Up to 1||– Machine Learning – Cyber Security – Pattern Recognition|
|School of Environmental Studies||Up to 3||– Environmental Biotechnology – Environmental Science/Engineering with special reference to the presence of toxic contaminants in the environment like water, soil, plant, and air, and their distribution, magnitude, calamity, food chain contamination, health effects and mitigation strategies|
|School of International Relations and Strategic Studies||Up to 12||– South Asia – Asia Pacific – Strategic Studies – Europe|
|School of Laser Science & Engineering||Up to 4||– Advanced Manufacturing – Manufacturing Engineering/Reliability Engineering – Numerical modeling of laser material processing – Numerical modeling of medical problems using laser|
|School of Materials Science and Nanotechnology||Up to 3||– M.Tech in Electrical Engineering/M.Sc-Food and Nutrition/ M.Sc. Botany with Specialization in Advanced Cell Biology Desirable: Knowledge of Internet of Things/knowledge on therapeutic nutrition|
|School of Natural Products Studies||Up to 3||– Development and Characterization of Functional Food – Medicinal Plant|
|School of Nuclear Studies & Application||Up to 2||– Cyber-physical System in Data Acquisition – HiL Simulation of Reactor Control Systems|
|School of Water Resources Engineering||Up to 8||– Waste Water Treatment, Electrochemistry – Membrane separation Waste Water Treatment Environmental Remediation – Ground and Surface Water Management, Water Resources Scenario under Changed Climate Scenario – Water Resources Engineering|
|Dept. of Adult, Continuing Education & Ext.||Up to 5||– Management / Engineering Management – Engineering (Mechanical / Mechatronics)|
|Start of Application Form||07 Aug 2023|
|Last date fee submission||31 Aug 2023|
|Last date for submission of Application form||01 Sept 2023 (4PM)|
|Date of written test (WRET)/ Interview||22-30 Nov 2023|
- All applicants must have completed results of 2-Year MA/M.Sc/M.E or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC.
- Applicants who have obtained an MA/M.Sc/M.E or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of undergraduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university/institute.
- Those applicants who intend to submit the application form through speed post (Postal Address: Office of the Dean & Secretary, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management, Jadavpur University, Kolkata – 700032) may submit the scanned copy of the signed forms along with the testimonials to the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org after submission of the application fees. University shall not be liable for any kind of postal delay.
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed form available on the website.www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- Candidates have to pay the application fees Rs. 500/- (Per Subject) online through SBI Collect System using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- After payment, the downloaded form is to be submitted on and from 7th August, 2023 to 1st September, 2023 (11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), along with an online payment receipt and all testimonials to the Office of the Dean & Secretary, Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management, 1st Floor of School of Oceanographic Studies Building (Opposite to University Press), Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032.
The following documents should be attached with the application form:
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Attested copies of all mark sheets and certificates, Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age, SC/ST/ OBC-A/OBC-B /PD certificate, where applicable.
- NET/SET/GATE certificate/or any other fellowship documents, if any.
- A candidate who has a two-year M.Phil. Degree from any university other than Jadavpur University will be required to submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil course has been made through a written test and that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil course. Otherwise, waiver from WRET and/or course-work shall not be granted.
- Online payment receipt downloaded from SBI server after online payment.
|Application fee||Rs. 500/- per subject|
|Mode of Payment||Online through SBI Collect System|
Candidates will be selected through a Written test (WRET) and Viva-Voce/Presentation.
- Unreserved candidates must obtain at least 50% marks, OBC A & OBC B candidates must obtain at least 45% marks, and SC & ST candidates must obtain at least 37.5% marks to clear the Written test (WRET) and qualify for the interview.
- The candidate who has an M.Phil (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil programme through a written test, or has qualified NET/SET/GATE shall be entitled to get exemption from the written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
- A candidate who has a two-years M.Phil degree from any university other than Jadavpur University must submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil course has been made through a written test and that a full paper on Research Methodology of at least one semester duration was taught in the M.Phil course.
- Proper documents must be attached with applications for exemptions from written admission test subject to the above conditions.
All Applicants must bring a Statement of Purpose (relevant for his/her intended field of research, not more than 500 words) at the time of the interview.
Jadavpur University PhD Interdisciplinary Studies, Law & Management Admission 2023-24 Results
Join Our Telegram Channel