Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24 – Jadavpur University invites applications for admission to PhD Program under the Faculty Council of Arts for the academic year 2023-24.
Check full details on Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the Departments of Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, International Relations, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Physical Education, Sanskrit and Sociology.
- PhD Bengali
- PhD Comparative Literature
- PhD Economics
- PhD Education
- PhD English
- PhD Film Studies
- PhD History
- PhD International Relations
- PhD Library & Information Science
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Sociology
|Sl. No.||Department||Total Seats|
|1||BENGALI||Up to 16|
|2||COMPARATIVE LITERATURE||Up to 8|
|3||ECONOMICS||Up to 17|
|4||EDUCATION||Up to 20|
|5||ENGLISH||Up to 6|
|6||FILM STUDIES||Up to 6|
|7||HISTORY||Up to 2|
|8||INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS||Up to 17|
|9||LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE||Up to 4|
|10||PHILOSOPHY||Up to 11|
|11||PHYSICAL EDUCATION||Up to 9|
|12||SANSKRIT||Up to 13|
|13||SOCIOLOGY||Up to 5|
Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start of Application Form||21June 2023|
|Last date for submission of Application form (Extended)||31 July 2023|
|Date of written test (WRET)/ Interview||11-14 Sept 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24
- All applicants must have completed results of 2-Year MA or equivalent degree from any university/institute recognized by the UGC with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC/AICTE/State Government from time to time.
- Applicants who have obtained an MA or equivalent degree of less than two (2) years’ duration, must have completed at least a total of five (5) years of under-graduate and post-graduate study in a recognized university/institute.
Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates should apply in the prescribed form available on the website.www.jaduniv.edu.in.
- Candidates have to pay the application fees Rs. 500/- (Per Subject) online through SBI Collect System using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- After payment the downloaded form along with a online payment receipt and all testimonials is to be submitted to the Ph.D Cell, Arts, Subarna Jayanti Bhavan, Ground floor, Jadavpur University Main campus, Kolkata 700032.
The following documents should be attached with the application form:
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Attested copies of all mark-sheets and certificates, Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age, SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B /PD certificate, where applicable. NET/SET/GATE certificate, if any.
- A candidate who has a two-year M.Phil. degree from any university other than Jadavpur University will be required to submit a certificate from the competent authority stating that the selection to the M.Phil course has been made through a written test . Otherwise waiver from WRET shall not be granted.
- Online payment receipt downloaded from SBI server after online payment.
|Application fee||Rs. 500/- per subject|
|Mode of Payment||Online through SBI Collect System|
Candidates will be selected through a written test of two hour duration (two and a half hours for Economics) and an interview to be held in the respective Departments.
The candidate who has an M.Phil. (Regular two year course) degree and was admitted to the M.Phil. programme through a written test, or have qualified NET/SET/GATE shall be entitled to get exemption from written admission test and shall be called directly for an interview.
Jadavpur University PhD Arts Admission 2023-24 Results
Lists of the candidates called for Interview for admission to Ph.D. programme, Arts, 2023
- International Relations
- Notice – Library & Information Science
- Supplementary – Bengali, Comparative Literature
- Supplementary list – Bengali, Sociology
- Comparative Literature
- Corrigendum English (Date: 10.10.2023)
- Corrigendum – English
- Film Studies
- Library Information Science
- Physical Education
Provisional lists of the candidates who will appear for Written Test (WRET) for admission to Ph.D. Programme, Arts, 2023
- BENGALI (Supplementary list)
- COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
- FILM STUDIES
- INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
- Corrigendum – PHILOSOPHY
- PHYSICAL EDUCATION
- SANSKRIT (Supplementary list)