J. C. Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA PhD Admission 2023-24: J. C. Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA, Faridabad, Haryana invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on JC Bose UST PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
JC Bose UST PhD Programs
- PhD Computer Engineering
- PhD Computer Applications
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Electronics Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Management
- PhD Communication and Media Technology
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Physics
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Environmental Sciences
Available PhD Seats 2023-24
|Sr. No.||Department||No. of Ph.D. Seats|
|8||Communication and Media Technology||01|
Consolidated list of Ph.D. seats for the session 2023-2024 offered at NITTTR, Chandigarh
|Name of the Department||No. of Ph.D. seats|
|Electronics and Comm. Engineering||09|
|Physics (Applied Science)||05|
|Mathematics (Applied Science)||02|
- (i) NITTTR, Chandigarh is offering its Ph.D. seats through J.C. Bose UST.
- (ii) Research work to be carried out in NITTTR, Chandigarh.
- (iii) Pre-Ph.D. course work to be completed in J.C. Bose UST.
- (iv) Ph.D. scholars have to follow Ph.D. ordinance and other rules and regulations notified by J.C. Bose UST.
- (v) For more details, please visit NITTTR, Chandigarh website
Areas of Ph.D. Specialization
|Sr. No.||Department||Areas of Ph.D. Specialization|
|1||Computer Engineering||Soft Computing, Mobile and wireless communications, Data Communication Networks, Cloud Computing, Big Data Platform Analytics, IoT, Wireless Network, Security Outing, Computer Vision, Wireless security, authentication, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning, Networks|
|2||Computer Applications||Software Testing, Machine Learning, Search engine optimization, Computer Vision and Artificial intelligence, Natural language processing, Soft Computing.|
|3||Civil Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering, Green Building Materials, Sustainable Technology|
|4||Electrical Engineering||Power Systems, Renewable Energy, Green Technology, Electrical Machines, Power Quality, Control Systems, AI, Machine Learning, Power System Stability, FACTS Devices, Electrical Vehicle, Microgrid, Power Electronics, Machine Drives|
|5||Electronics Engineering||IoT Application, Embedded Systems, Semiconductor Devices and VLSI, DSP, Wireless Communication, PV Cell|
|6||Mechanical Engineering||Thermal Engineering, Energy Conservation, Industrial Engg., Quality Management, Advance Manufacturing, Cutting Tool Design, Design, Materials, Fluid, Energy, Welding Materials and Manufacturing, Material Technology, Production Management, Manufacturing Quality, SCM, Data Science, Fabrication & Characterization of Metal Matrix Composites, Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, CAD/CAM, Operation Research, Lean, JIT, Supply Chain, Production, Non-Conventional Machining, Production Technology, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 3D Printing, FEA, Engineering Materials and their Characterization, Mechanical Metallurgy, IC Engine|
|7||Management||Financial Management, Human Resource, Marketing, Organizational behaviour, Behavioural Science|
|8||Communication and Media Technology||Journalism & Communication, Social media, New Media etc.|
|9||Mathematics||Operations Research, Quantum Optics and Quantum Information Processing, Continuum Mechanics: Wave Propagation, Approximation Theory|
|10||Physics||Nanotechnology, Smart materials/Polymeric materials, Energy harvesting devices, Thin film Technology, Swift heavy ion irradiation, Template based synthesis, Piezoelectricity, Solar Fabrication Technology, Vacuum systems design and assembling, Fabrication of solid state electronic devices, Conducting glass fabrication technology, Magnetic nanomaterials|
|11||Chemistry||Material Chemistry, Synthetic and Medicinal chemistry, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry, Physical and analytical chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry|
|12||Environmental Sciences||Environmental Pollution Monitoring and Abatement, Water and Waste water Treatment, Heavy metal removal by Nano-adsorbents, Solid Waste Management, Bioenergy; Microbial Fuel Cells (MFC); Landfill Leachate Treatment, Environmental Nanotechnology; Soil Pollution, Remediation; Nano/Bio-sensors; biowaste Management Technology|
JC Bose UST PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate for admission to the course of Ph.D. program shall have master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale where ever grading system is followed or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved/recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statuary authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institution. The equivalence of the degree will be decided by the Board of Studies (BOS) in the University.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme
- The candidates who appeared in regular master’s level examination in the current session may also appear in the entrance test. But they must submit the proof of having passed the examination on the pre-designated date before admission to the Pre-Ph.D. course.
- The state reservation policy shall be followed in Ph.D. Admission.
For complete eligibility criteria please refer to the Information Brochure.
JC Bose UST PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Availability of Prospectus and Application Form||03.10.2023 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Online Application Submission||23.10.2023 (Monday)|
|Availability of the candidates list for entrance test||24/11/2023 (Friday)|
|Entrance Test Date & Time||29/11/2023 (Wednesday), 11:00 AM – 01:00 PM|
|Declaration of Results||01/12/2023 (Friday)|
|Interview & Counseling Date||04/12/2023 (Monday)|
|Display of selected candidates for Ph.D. admission||08/12/2023 (Friday)|
|Fee submission by selected candidates||11/12/2023 to 15/12/2023|
|Commencement of Ph.D. coursework classes||18/12/2023|
JC Bose UST PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online through the official website https://jcboseust.ac.in/
- Read the Information Brochure / guidelines/instructions carefully before filling the Online Application Form.
|SC / ST Category||Rs.525/-|
- The eligible applicants will have to qualify the Ph.D. Entrance Test (PET). An Entrance Test shall be qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%.However, for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers)/differently abled category; the qualifying marks are 45% as per UGC amendment dated 27th August 2018.
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject specific (see syllabus attached).
- The Entrance test will be of 2 hours duration having 100 questions of one mark each of concerned discipline / branch.
- The applicants who have qualified and have valid score in GATE/UGC/NET/CSIR(JRF)/SLET/ passed regular M.Phil. Programme in the related discipline are exempted from entrance.
- The successful applicants i.e. eligible applicants, who will qualify the entrance Test or otherwise exempted shall be tested by the DRC through seminar/ presentation/ interview.
Rules for Regular PhD Program
The regular Ph.D. will have following four categories of scholars admitted to program –
- (a) A research scholar getting University research scholarship.
- (b) A research scholar receiving fellowship / scholarship from outside organizations such as CSIR, UGC, QIP, DST, AICTE etc.
- (c) A research scholar receiving fellowship / scholarship under MoU between University and industry.
- (d) Self-financed: A scholar who does not receive financial help like scholarship/assistant ship from university or from any other source during his/her Ph.D. program.
The merit list for admission and allotment of scholarship shall be prepared by Department according to the following criteria
- 70% marks from the entrance*/70% marks to the candidates exempted from entrance.
- 30% marks based on performance in the interview/viva-voce to be conducted by the respective department.
Where CGPA is awarded and percentage of marks is not mentioned, Percentage of marks = 9.5 x CGPA
*These marks are calculated on the percentile basis i.e. candidate having maximum marks in the entrance will be given 70 marks.
Research Scholarship from University
- Four University Research Scholarships(URS) of Rs. 25000/- each will be awarded as per rules of the University.
- One MOB research fellowship (MRF) of Rs.31,000/- + HRA will be awarded to engineering stream only as per rules of the University.
JC Bose UST PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
J. C. Bose University of Science & Technology, YMCA PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.
|Application Form||Click Here|
|JC Bose University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel