IUCAA MSc Admission: The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune is going to conduct IUCAA National Admission Test (INAT) to select candidates for SPPU-IUCAA Joint M.Sc. (Physics with Astrophysics) Admission 2024.
Check full details on IUCAA MSc Admission 2024 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune (an autonomous institution set up by the University Grants Commission), is a leading centre of research in a wide range of areas in Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Physics. IUCAA is located in the Savitribai Phule Pune University campus.
IUCAA offers challenging opportunities to young motivated students to pursue a PhD degree in research topics in all areas of Astronomy and Astrophysics including Instrumentation, Multi-wavelength Ground and Space-based observations and Data analysis, Solar physics, Extra-Galactic Astronomy, High-energy astrophysics, Gravitational wave astrophysics, Theoretical and Computational astrophysics, Large-scale structure, Gravitation and Cosmology.
IUCAA is a participant in major national and international projects such as the currently operating 10-m Southern African Large Telescope (SALT), the multi-wavelength AstroSat mission, the upcoming Aditya-L1 mission; the next generation optical observatory – the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT); the planned advanced gravitational-wave observatory – the LIGO-India. IUCAA has a high-performance computational facility and an excellent library.
SPPU-IUCAA Joint M.Sc. (Physics with Astrophysics) Program
- The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) and the Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) announce a joint M.Sc. programme in Physics (Astrophysics), having recognized a growing need for broadly trained students to work on large astronomy/astrophysics projects such as LIGO-India, TMT, SKA, space-based astronomy missions, etc. within the country.
- This programme is envisaged to be a flagship Masters’ programme to prepare students to undertake research in contemporary astronomy and astrophysics.
- The M.Sc. programme will provide the requisite training in physics and astrophysics through theoretical physics and astrophysics courses, experimental, observational, and computational work, and projects on current research topics. This will be a standalone programme, but some of the courses will be shared with the existing M.Sc. programme in physics at SPPU
- Students completing a B. Sc. degree in Physics (with Mathematics up to 2nd year) or a B.E. / B. Tech. degree in any branch of engineering, with a minimum of 55% marks may apply to be selected to the SPPU-IUCAA Joint M.Sc. (Physics with Astrophysics) programme.
- A relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks, from 55% to 50%, is applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC-NCL/ EWS or Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category.
Admission in SPPU-IUCAA Joint M.Sc. (Physics with Astrophysics) Program will be through INAT.
IUCAA National Admission Test (INAT)
INAT is conducted by Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune. This test and the subsequent interviews are generally conducted in the first week of January every year at IUCAA Pune.
- Application deadline: November 15, 2023
- Last date for online submission of Assessment forms: November 19, 2023
- Admission (Written) test: January 10, 2024
Full Details on INAT – INAT
Based on their performance in the written test, a limited number of candidates will be invited to join the SPPU-IUCAA Joint M.Sc. (Physics with Astrophysics) Programme starting July 2024, subject to completing their qualifying degree (B.Sc. Physics [with Mathematics at 2nd year] / B.E. / B. Tech.) in the academic year 2023-24.
The students admitted to the SPPU-IUCAA M.Sc. programme will be eligible for Hostel accommodation at SPPU as per existing rules at SPPU.
Students selected for the SPPU-IUCAA M.Sc. Programme will be eligible to receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 1,000/-, as well as reimbursement of tuition fees, for the two-year duration of the course.
Join Our Telegram Channel