IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2023-24 – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc Bangalore) invites application for various PG Programs.
Check more details about IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IISc PG Programs
Available PG Course Programs
- M. Tech. Programmes
- M. Des Programmes
- M. Mgt.
- M. Sc. Programmes
Available PG Research Programs
- Integrated Ph.D. Programmes
- M.Tech. (Research) and Ph.D.
- External Registration Program (ERP) for Ph.D./M.Tech. (Research)
IISc MTech Programs
- MTech Aerospace Engineering,
- MTech Chemical Engineering,
- MTech Civil Engineering,
- MTech Materials Engineering,
- MTech Bioengineering,
- MTech Earth and Climate Sciences,
- MTech Electrical Engineering,
- MTech Electronics and Communication Engineering,
- MTech Electronic Product Design,
- MTech Electronic Systems Engineering,
- MTech Instrumentation Systems,
- MTech Mechanical Engineering,
- MTech Microelectronics and VLSI Design,
- MTech Mobility Engineering,
- MTech Quantum Technology,
- MTech Robotics and Autonomous Systems,
- MTech Semiconductor Technology,
- MTech Signal Processing,
- MTech Smart Manufacturing,
- MTech Artificial Intelligence,
- MTech Computer Science and Engineering,
- MTech Computational & Data Science,
IISc MTech Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants possessing a minimum of Second Class or equivalent in a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of Engineering/ Technology or *B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE(e.g AMIE by Institutions of Engineers). or Master’s degree in Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Instrumentation, Electronics, Computer Applications as applicable to individual departments / programmes with a valid GATE 2021/ 2022/ 2023 score are eligible to apply.
- Note: Candidates enrolled up to 31.05.2013 with professional societies (e.g AMIE) recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE are only eligible to apply
IISc MTech Selection Procedure
|MTech Aerospace Engineering||Based on 100% GATE score|
|MTech Chemical Engineering||Based on 100% GATE score|
|MTech Civil Engineering||Based on 100% GATE score|
|MTech Materials Engineering||Based on 100% GATE score|
|MTech Bioengineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Earth and Climate Sciences||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Electrical Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Electronics and Communication Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Electronic Product Design||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Electronic Systems Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Instrumentation Systems||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Mechanical Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Microelectronics and VLSI Design||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Mobility Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Quantum Technology||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Robotics and Autonomous Systems||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Semiconductor Technology||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Signal Processing||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Smart Manufacturing||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in interview|
|MTech Artificial Intelligence||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in written test|
|MTech Computer Science and Engineering||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in written test|
|MTech Computational & Data Science||Based on 70% GATE score + 30% performance in written test and interview|
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
- Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) provides a common platform for the candidate to make the most preferred choice for an admission into M.Tech Programmes through GATE in participating institutions (IISc & IITs).
- Admission offers for M Tech programmes of IISc for all the above disciplines and also for M.Des. (from GATE stream) will be made on COAP. Candidates will have to register on COAP and must update the COAP registration number on Applicant’s Interface.
- Please visit the COAP 2023 website to register as per the instructions given therein.
Sponsored Candidates from Defence, BARC, DRDO, ISRO, NAL, NTRO, KSRTC, BMTC, BDA, PWD, CPRI, ACIWRM: Water Resource Dept (WRD) GoK, Ministry of Water Research (MOWR) and Central water Commission (CWC) under DRIP Project, applying for a course programme under the sponsored category must compulsorily fill an online application form and submit the printed version, in duplicate, on or before 29 March 2023.
IISc Master of Design (M Des) Programs
IISc M Des Eligibility Criteria
Applicants possessing a minimum of second class in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology Design/Architecture with valid GATE-2021/2022/2023 or CEED 2023 score as on 01 August 2023 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for design aptitude test and an interview based on the GATE / CEED score as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important Dates. Selection will be based on 70% GATE / CEED + 30% performance in design aptitude test and interview.
- The announcement of the results and issue of admission offers for candidates based on GATE score will be through COAP, and for those based on CEED offer letters will be sent directly to the candidates by the Institute. Therefore, the candidates with GATE are required to register on COAP.
IISc Master of Management (M Mgt) Program
Applicants possessing a minimum of first class or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent with a valid GATE-2021/ 2022/2023 or CAT 2022 or GMAT scores as on 01 August 2023 are eligible to apply.
Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on GATE / CAT /GMAT scores as per the schedule given on the IISc website under Important Dates. Selection will be based on 15% (GATE / CAT / GMAT scores) + 15% UG performance + 30% Communication skill + 40% performance in interview.
IISc Master of Science (MSc) Programs
|Disciplines||Educational qualification||Qualifying examination|
|Life Sciences||A minimum of first class or equivalent in Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences (including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Sciences and Agricultural Sciences)||JAM 2023 in Biotechnology (BT) or Chemistry (CY) or Mathematics (MA) or Physics (PH) paper|
|Life Sciences||A minimum of first class or equivalent in BE/B Tech degree.||GATE in Biotechnology (BT), Biomedical Engineering (BM), Electronics Communication Engineering (EC), Ecology (EY), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH), Life Sciences (XL) Pape|
|Chemical Sciences||A minimum of first class in B.Sc. or an equivalent degree with Chemistry as one of the main subjects with Mathematics at the PUC or Plus 2 level.||JAM 2023 in Chemistry (CY) Pape|
- Life Sciences – Candidates will be short listed for interview based on their JAM 2023/GATE-2021/2022/2023 score, final selection will be based on performance in interview.
- Chemical Sciences – Selection will be based 100% performance in the JAM 2023 CY score.
Important Dates for IISc Bangalore PG Admissions 2023-24
|Website opens for online submission of applications to PhD programmes||01 Feb 2023|
|Last date for online submission of applications (website closes at 23:59 hours)||26 March 2023|
|Date of Interview||to be announced|
|Commencement of session||Aug 2023|
|M.Tech. / M.Des. programmes (excluding sponsored agencies) – Aptitude test/Interview||to be announced|
|M.Sc. programmes||to be announced|
|M.Mgt. programme (Group Discussion and Interview)||to be announced|
|M.Tech. programme for candidates sponsored from ISRO, NAL, etc.||to be announced|
|M.Tech. programme for candidates sponsored from Defence and DRDO||to be announced|
|M.Tech. programme for candidates sponsored from GOK/GOI (DRIP,ACIWRM)/KSRTC/BMTC/BDA/PWD||to be announced|
Date of Reporting at IISc
|Post-graduate Course programmes (excluding sponsored agencies)||to be announced|
|Research programmes, Integrated Ph.D., Sponsored M.Tech. and ERP programmes||to be announced|
|Commencement of Classes||August 01, 2023|
How To Apply
Applications for IISc Bangalore PhD Admission are available online. Visit website www.iisc.ac.in → Admissions and register online and fill the application.
|General / OBC / EWS (economically weaker section)||Rs.800|
|SC / ST / PwD (person with disability)||Rs.400|
|ERP Candidates (all categories)||Rs.2000|
Payment options: Online payment through net-banking, debit card, visa/master credit card.
Join Our Telegram Channel