IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) – IIT Tirupati invites applications for admission to PhD Program for the academic session starting in 2024 (Jan).
Check full details on IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIT Tirupati PhD Programs
- PhD Chemical Engineering
- PhD Civil & Environmental Engineering
- PhD Computer Science & Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Physics
- PhD Mathematics and Statistics
- PhD Humanities and Social Sciences
Categories of Admission
- Regular (Full-time scholars): The research scholars selected under regular registration will be eligible for assistantship through various schemes (please see Financial Assistance)
- The applicants must be regular employees and have at least two years of work experience.
- They must be sponsored by and employed in an industry/organization/national laboratories, having R&D facilities and recognized by DST or by IIT Tirupati.
- Research scholars admitted under this category will normally carry out part or all of their research in the parent organization under supervision of a faculty from IIT Tirupati and a co-supervisor employed in their parent organization.
- The following documents are required along with the application
- Proof of employment (Identity Card or latest salary statement)
- No-Objection Certificate or Undertaking (format available at this link)
- The following documents are required at the time of admission
- More details on this category of admission, including any questions regarding the recognition of the organization/laboratory might be addressed to the Head of the department of interest or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Chemical Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Civil and Environmental Engineering||Structures and Materials|
|Water Resources Engineering|
|Geodesy and Remote Sensing|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electrical Engineering||Power and Control|
|Signal Processing & Communications|
|RF & Microwave|
|Mechanical Engineering||Solid Mechanics and Design|
|Fluids and Thermal Engineering|
|Robotics and Mechatronics|
|Theoretical and Experimental Physical Chemistry|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Mathematics|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||Organizational Behavior/HRM|
|Operations Management/Industrial Engineering|
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan)
|S. No.||Educational Qualifications||Additional Qualifying Exam|
|Engineering||1||• M.E / M.Tech / M.S by Research in Engineering / 5-year integrated Masters/Dual Degree in engineering.|
• 2 year M.Sc from IITs (entry through JAM) with a minimum CGPA of 8 on a 10 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)
• B.S+M.S (5-year integrated) from CFTI
|2||• M.Sc degree holders in the relevant discipline from any recognized university/institute are eligible.||Valid GATE score/ UGC- NET/CSIR-NET/NBHM/ Inspire or equivalent qualification tenable for the year of registration. In case of candidates with more than 5 years relevant experience after the M.Sc, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the selection committee.|
|3#||B.S/B.E/B.Tech from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)||None|
|4#||B.S/B.E/B.Tech from a CFTI without minimum CGPA 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale(7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)||Valid GATE score|
|5#||BE/BTech from any other university, with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)||Valid GATE score|
|Sciences||6||• M.E/M.Tech or M.S by Research in engineering|
• 2 year M.Sc from IITs (entry through JAM) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on 10.0 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)
• B.S+M.S, or 5-year integrated degree from CFTI
|7||• M.Sc from IITs without minimum CGPA 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)|
• M.Sc from institutions other than IITS
|Valid GATE score/UGC-NET fellowship/CSIR-NET fellow- ship/NBHM Ph.D scholarship or equivalent qualification, tenable for the current year of admission.|
|8#||B.S/B.E/B.Tech from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with a minimum CGPA of 8 on 10 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD).||None|
|9#||B.S/B.E/B.Tech from a CFTI without minimum CGPA 8 on a 10 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD).||Valid GATE score|
|10#||B.E/BTech from any other university, with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale (7.5 for EWS/OBC-NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD)||Valid GATE score|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||11||Master’s degree/dual-degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline||Qualifying UGC–NET or JRF/CSIR-JRF/GATE score or equivalent qualification, tenable for the current year in the relevant area or an international-level post graduate admission examination such as GRE.|
Candidates with only a GRE (or equivalent international-level post graduate admission examination) score are not eligible for HTRA.
|Note: A valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET/INSPIRE/NBHM qualification etc. is not required in the case of candidates applying under the external category|
|# Candidates with Educational Qualifications as mentioned in the S.No. 3,4,5,8,9,10 will be considered for Direct Ph.D.|
IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Important Dates
|Opening date and time for online application||August 29, 2023 (Tuesday) 10:00 AM|
|Closing date for online application||October 3, 2023 (Tuesday) 5:00 PM|
|Written Test/ Interview||October 14, 2023 (Saturday) to November 5, 2023 (Sunday)|
|Announcement of Results||October 16, 2023 (Monday) to November 9, 2023 (Thursday)|
|Reporting to Campus||From November 16, 2023 (Thursday)|
|Date of Orientation Programme||From November 17, 2023 (Friday)|
Assistance will be as per Ministry of Education (MoE) norms. Fulltime Scholars admitted to Ph.D. programmes are eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) for which:
- (a) They should work for 8 hours per week for the Institute to earn this assistantship. The work would normally involve assistance in teaching/research, and will be assigned by the Institute.
- (b) Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the discharge of responsibility as teaching/ research assistant.
Assistantship for candidates who have qualified through UGC-JRF, CSIR-JRF, ICMR & AICTE etc. will be as per the norms of the funding agency
IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Application Process
- Applicants has to apply through the online on http://iittp.ac.in/admissions.
- Please read the instructions given there before filling application form.
- After filling the form, please take a printout and keep it for record purpose.
- A candidate can apply up to a maximum of three departments.
How to Apply?
- Click on New Registration
- Click on Indian Citizen or Foreign National as per the Applicability.
- Fill Basic Information Name, Gender, Mobile and Email needs to be filled.
- After Registration an email will be sent to your registered email id.
- Enter User Id (Registered email id), Password and Captcha and Click on Login.
- Under General Tab Basic Information Needs to be filled.
- Under General Tab: Select Admission Type(External, IIT Tirupati Staff, Regular). Please select the Department and Division in the order of Preference. Under Each Division select the Areas of Research in the order of Preference. Click on (Save & Next), you will move to Next Tab.
- Under Qualification Tab, Add 10th, 12th, UG, PG and Additional Qualification if Any.
- Click (Save & Next) to go to Next Tab or Click (Save & Previous) in case you want to modify any field in the General Tab.
- Under National Examination and Publications fill details (If Required) Otherwise Click on (Save & Next) and go to next tab.
- All the attachments can be uploaded and preview of attachment can be viewed. Tick the undertaking and click on (Submit and Proceed for Payment).
- On Clicking on Submit, it will redirect to SBI Payment Gateway. You can print the receipt as well as Application form on clicking on View the submitted Application.
|GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Male candidates||Rs.400/-|
|GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates||Rs.200/-|
|SC/ST and PwD candidates||Rs.200/-|
- The selection committee will call eligible candidates based on the minimum eligibility requirements and additional screening criteria for a written test (if any) and interview.
- Admission offers will be made to the candidates based on the academic record, statement of purpose (if any) and the performance of the candidates in the written test (if any) and interview.
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
IIT Tirupati PhD Admission 2024 (Jan) Results
- Chemistry – Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Chemical Engineering – M.S. (R) & Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Mathematics & Statistics – Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Humanities and Social Sciences – Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Computer Science and Engineering – M.S. (R) & Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Electrical Engineering – M.S. (R) & Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Mechanical Engineering – M.S. (R) & Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Physics – Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
- Civil and Environmental Engineering – M.S. (R) & Ph.D. Shortlisted Candidates list
Join Our Telegram Channel