IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology Ropar invites applications for M.Tech programme for Academic year 2023-24 in various departments.
Check full details on IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Available M.Tech Programs
IIT Ropar invites applications for M.Tech programme in the following Departments –
- Artificial Intelligence
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science& Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Available M.Tech Specialization & Seats
|MTech Chemical Engineering||–||12|
|MTech Civil Engineering||Water Resources and Environment||15|
|MTech Civil Engineering||Structural Engineering and Geomechanics||12|
|MTech Computer Science and Engineering||–||20|
|MTech Artificial Intelligence||–||15|
|MTech Electrical Engineering||Communication and Signal Processing||15|
|MTech Electrical Engineering||Microelectronics and VLSI Design||21|
|MTech Electrical Engineering||Power Engineering||15|
|MTech Mechanical Engineering||Manufacturing Engineering||15|
|MTech Mechanical Engineering||Mechanics and Design||15|
|MTech Mechanical Engineering||Thermal & Fluids Engineering||15|
|MTech Mechanical Engineering||Computational Mechanics||15|
|MTech Biomedical Engineering||–||15|
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Start Date of Online Applications||24 March 2023|
|Last Date to Submission of Application Form||23 April 2023|
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates qualified in GATE 2023/GATE 2022/GATE 2021 and satisfying anyone of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E/B.Tech.) or in an appropriate area from educational institutions approved by AICTE/Government.
- Master’s degree in Science/Computer Application or equivalent in the appropriate area.
- IIT Graduate/Graduating from IITs with B.Tech. Degree and having CGPA of 8.0 (on a scale of 10) (CGPA of 7.5 for SC/ST/PD candidates) can apply without GATE score.
M.Tech Specialization and Eligibility Criteria
|Specialization||Eligibility||GATE Paper Code Required|
|Chemical Engineering||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with BTech/B.E/MSc with valid score of GATE||CH|
|Water Resources and Environment||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B Tech/B.E in Civil, Environmental, Water resources, Agricultural Engineering and related areas with valid score of GATE.||AG CE|
|Structural Engineering and Geomechanics||Eligibility Requirements: Candidate with B.Tech or B.E in Civil Engineering with Valid score of GATE (Civil Engineering (CE))||CE|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B.Tech /B.E/MCA or M.Sc in the appropriate area with the valid GATE score in Computer Science and information Technology(CS) ,Electronics and communication Engineering (EC),and /or Mathematics (MA)||CS EC MA|
|Artificial Intelligence||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B.Tech /B.E/MCA in the appropriate area with the valid GATE score in Computer Science and Information Technology(CS),||CS|
|Communication and Signal Processing||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in the appropriate area B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without GATE.||EC|
|Microelectronics and VLSI Design||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B.Tech /B.E or M.Sc. in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Computer Science Engineering or equivalent with valid GATE.||EC EE IN|
|Power Engineering||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in the appropriate area B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without GATE.||EE|
|Manufacturing Engineering (MF) Mechanics and Design (MD) Thermal & Fluids Engineering (TF)||Eligibility Requirements: Candidates with B.Tech./B.E in Mechanical Engineering or relevant area B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without GATE.||ME|
|Computational Mechanics||Eligibility Requirements: B.Tech or BE in Mechanical, Aerospace, Production, Automobile Engineering||ME AE PI|
|Biomedical Engineering||Eligibility Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BE / BTech), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules, |
A Master’s degree in Science (MSc / MS), or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules,
A Bachelor’s degree in medicine/surgery (MBBS), pharmaceutical sciences (BPharm), veterinary science (BVSc), or dental surgery (BDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. Relaxation for SC/ST candidates as per GOI rules B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without GATE
|AG BM BT CH CS CY EC EE IN MA ME|
PH XE XL
IIT Ropar M.Tech Admission 2023 Application Process
- Eligible Candidates can apply online through the official website www.iitrpr.ac.in
- Please note that the candidates are required to register on “Common Offer and Acceptance Portal” COAP 2023 before applying online to the Institute.
- The candidates are desirous to seek admission to be required to apply online. Only those applicants, who apply online before the last date and satisfy the eligibility criteria, will be considered for admission.
- Read all instructions regarding filling up online forms, and relevant information are available on the University website.
|For SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates||Rs.250/-|
|For others Candidates||Rs.500/-|
|Mode of Fee Payment||Through Online mode|
- Admission to candidates will be finalized strictly in order of merit as per the GATE score, CGPA & Department Review.
- The candidates will be offered seat on COAP portal. The candidates have to login to COAP portal and view the seats offered to them. They have the option to Accept and Freeze, Retain and Wait, Reject and Wait option for making decision on the seats offered to them, please check COAP link.
Rules for Tie Breaking the Final Score (GATE score or composite score) for Ranking
While preparing the merit list for (regular category) admission into M.Tech. programmes, if two or more candidates scored the same GATE score/or same final composite score for admission, the following rules shall be followed to determine the inter-se-merit.
- Firstly, based on the aggregate/Total percentage of marks obtained in graduation, the candidates having higher percentage of marks to be ranked higher.
- If the aggregate/total percentage of marks obtained in graduation does not break the tie, based on Date of birth, the candidate senior/older in age to be ranked higher.
- If there is a tie even after this, such candidates will be assigned the same rank.
- GATE fellowship at the rate of Rs. 12400/- p.m. (tenable for a maximum period of 24 months) will be awarded to Indian Nationals doing the M.Tech. Programmes subject to Institute rules. They are required to assist the department for 8 hours of work per week related to academic activities of the department such as laboratory demonstration, tutorials, evaluation of assignments, test papers, seminars, research projects etc.
IIT Ropar GATE Cutoff 2023
GATE OPENING AND CLOSING SCORE FOR ADMISSION OF M.TECH PROGRAM AY 2023-24 [Click Here]
GATE CUT-Off for 4th Round AY 2023-24 [Click Here]
GATE CUT-Off for 3rd Round AY 2023-24 [Click Here]
GATE CUT-Off for 2nd Round AY 2023-24 [Click Here]
GATE CUT-Off for 1st Round AY 2023-24 [Click Here]
Join Our Telegram Channel